McCain should be running away with this!

Jarod

Contributor
I cant believe McCain is not 10 points ahead.

We are comparing a white experienced senate vereran who is a true war hero who is promising tax cuts with a newby senator of a minority class with no prior military service who wants to raise taxes....

Say what you want... For it to be tied is pittafull for the Conservatives.

I cant believe McCain is not 10 points ahead.

We are comparing a white experienced senate vereran who is a true war hero who is promising tax cuts with a newby senator of a minority class with no prior military service who wants to raise taxes....

Say what you want... For it to be tied is pittafull for the Conservatives.

you can spout crap like this all you want alice... it is not going to change the reality of the situation. The Republicans are down across the board and the environment is set up against them. No one is going to buy your bullshit that it is McCain and not Obama that should have a big lead at this time.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that America might not be a country where a black man can hold a big lead in a Presidential race, at least not yet, regardless of the circumstances.

I know - it goes back to indisputable's constant posting of "if you don't vote for Obama 3 times, you're a racist" (boy, do I not miss that dude), but the country has been pretty evenly split for awhile now, and when you factor in that there are admitted racists who would normally vote Democrat, it tends to even things up a bit more in a year when Democrats should probably have a bigger lead.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that America might not be a country where a black man can hold a big lead in a Presidential race, at least not yet, regardless of the circumstances.

I know - it goes back to indisputable's constant posting of "if you don't vote for Obama 3 times, you're a racist" (boy, do I not miss that dude), but the country has been pretty evenly split for awhile now, and when you factor in that there are admitted racists who would normally vote Democrat, it tends to even things up a bit more in a year when Democrats should probably have a bigger lead.

I can agree with the above. It could be that is the case. But regardless, Alices assertion that McCain should be out to a big lead in this environment is absurd.

I can agree with the above. It could be that is the case. But regardless, Alices assertion that McCain should be out to a big lead in this environment is absurd.

I was going to say that I agree with the above. Are you trying to push me out of my spot as his cheerleader?

I think of you more as an instigator than a cheerleader. You wind your toys up and then watch them bang into each other.

I think you’ve given way too much thought to this. I’m usually just talking to Onceler, Cypress, IB, etc. If I want to instigate something, it’s usually between you and Cawacko.

I only post this because I am so sick of the Republican shit about how Kerry and Obama and Gore should have run away with it, but for there ineptness.

After what Bush and co. has done to the reputation of the Republican party, it's amazing they even show in the polls. Yes, the fact that a freshman senator of a minority race is up against a long term senator with (what used to be until they had to make up excuses not to like him any more) broad cross-aisle appeal will throw a few percentage points in McCain's favor. And the fact that Obama is now trying to shed a far left liberal image shaves off a point or two more. But considering all the factors slamming against republicans today - poor economic performance, the fuck up in Iraq, oil through the roof, etc. etc. etc., I am personally surprised McCain is running this close, let alone 10 points ahead, as the mindless dweeb who started this thread tried to claim.

I don't think Gore should have run away with the race in 2000, I don't think Kerry had a chance in 2004 and was surprised he got as close as he did. I do, however, think that Obama will win easily in November and am surprised McCain is as close as he is. In fact as the weeks go on and the polls stay as close as they are (It's really not that close when you look at the electoral vote) I have to say that the McCain camp is making this more interesting than I thought it would be.

I don't think Gore should have run away with the race in 2000, I don't think Kerry had a chance in 2004 and was surprised he got as close as he did. I do, however, think that Obama will win easily in November and am surprised McCain is as close as he is. In fact as the weeks go on and the polls stay as close as they are (It's really not that close when you look at the electoral vote) I have to say that the McCain camp is making this more interesting than I thought it would be.

Honestly, I agree. But I also have always said that pre-convention polls do not mean much. The conventions set a tone and what they come out of the convention with in the polls will be the first indication how this race might go.

Honestly, I agree. But I also have always said that pre-convention polls do not mean much. The conventions set a tone and what they come out of the convention with in the polls will be the first indication how this race might go.

And I think you are mostly correct. I also will be interested to see what happens after the first debate. I really think Obama will clean McCain's clock, especially in style and presentation. I may not agree with quite a bit of what Obama is saying but he is a really good presenter/speaker, and he is likeable. That goes a long way in politics.

Well, let’s not forget that McCain was a very good debater during his own primary debates. I thought he was the best out of the lot, in fact. Now, it’s true that most of them sucked, but for instance, he certainly made Romney look like a phony fool.

Let’s not get ourselves into another one of those “Gore is the best debater in the history of the world, if poor Bush is still alive at the end of the debate, it will be a miracle” situations. In fact, Governor Bush, had won every debate he had been in, prior to the 2000 election. A fact never mentioned, and how the media set up those debates, hurt Gore badly.

John McCain is a very experienced, very good, debater.

Maybe so...I just really didn't see him as that good in the debates that I watched. It will definitely be an interesting Fall. I'm looking forward to it.

Well, let’s not forget that McCain was a very good debater during his own primary debates. I thought he was the best out of the lot, in fact. Now, it’s true that most of them sucked, but for instance, he certainly made Romney look like a phony fool.

Let’s not get ourselves into another one of those “Gore is the best debater in the history of the world, if poor Bush is still alive at the end of the debate, it will be a miracle” situations. In fact, Governor Bush, had won every debate he had been in, prior to the 2000 election. A fact never mentioned, and how the media set up those debates, hurt Gore badly.

John McCain is a very experienced, very good, debater.

Great observation (I can cheerlead for you too, right?) Gore wiped the floor with Bush in those 2000 debates, but because the Bush camp had set the expectations so low, Bush won by not drooling.

The Daily Show did a great spoof on that around that time, with 2 of their reporters acting like guys who represented each campaign; they just kept going back & forth with comments like "my candidate may actually be mildly retarded," stuff like that. It was priceless.

I hate the expectations game; probabably because the Bushies have played it so well. They're doing it with Iraq & the surge now, too.

Great observation (I can cheerlead for you too, right?) Gore wiped the floor with Bush in those 2000 debates, but because the Bush camp had set the expectations so low, Bush won by not drooling.

The Daily Show did a great spoof on that around that time, with 2 of their reporters acting like guys who represented each campaign; they just kept going back & forth with comments like "my candidate may actually be mildly retarded," stuff like that. It was priceless.

I hate the expectations game; probabably because the Bushies have played it so well. They're doing it with Iraq & the surge now, too.

Oh I missed that, and it sounds hysterical.
I just know that they’re going to try that again, especially since Obama has this reputation as an orator. Not that that’s what Leaning was doing, but there will be a concerted effort coming out of the RNC and the McCain campaign to play that winning game again.

Back