McCain: There Will be Other Wars

Yet later I made it clear that my sarcasm was about "people on this board" by stating it was about "people on this board.

Again, you are being deliberately disingenuous pretending that a whole conversation didn't take place where I expanded on my actual position rather than the dry sarcasm that you originally quote.

Again, the attempt is to create a whirlpool in darkness, thankfully there is somebody around with a flashlight...

More backtracking bullshit. I take it I won't be seeing evidence of the candidates saying that the policy represents a "spectacular change."

More backtracking bullshit. I take it I won't be seeing evidence of the candidates saying that the policy represents a "spectacular change."
Pointing out the conversation we have been having for the past half hour is "backtracking"...

Right. It's more attempt to create that whirlpool we've been talking about. I would suggest that my post about "people on this board" and "the media" would tell you whom I was speaking of, you would pretend a sarcastic remark is the whole of the thread. Who is pretending? It ain't me Dung.

You have clearly took reading comprehension courses from CK, and "argument" from Cypress and just recently by the fumbling childlike way you went about it.

Pointing out the conversation we have been having for the past half hour is "backtracking"...

Right. It's more attempt to create that whirlpool we've been talking about. I would suggest that my post about "people on this board" and "the media" would tell you whom I was speaking of, you would pretend a sarcastic remark is the whole of the thread. Who is pretending? It ain't me Dung.

So, Mitt Romney is the media? John McCain? Dano? Chapdog? Those are the people that seemed to be confused about current US policy. Joe Biden pointed out the fact that Obama's statement reflected current US policy within a day of Obama's original speech. CNN reported the same. I'm just not following you here.

So, Mitt Romney is the media? John McCain? Dano? Chapdog? Those are the people that seemed to be confused about current US policy. Joe Biden pointed out the fact that Obama's statement reflected current US policy within a day of Obama's original speech. CNN reported the same. I'm just not following you here.
Read that thread. Maybe you will. There is a nice link. As well as my remarks in this.

You might remember stories about Bush saying that Iraq wasn't part of 9/11, does that mean that he didn't attempt to associate the two? The way the media has shown this particular thing was not. "Obama intends to continue attacks in Pakistan" nor was that how it was presented here. Again, except by you in this thread.

I think that should be a platform position for him. He should promote that he will continue Bush's policy. I'm sure it will work for him real well.

Actually...........

Terrorists have been at war with the US since 1993

It dates back to the seventees...that is when I was assigned and trained in counter-terrorism along with alot of other Federal LE Officers!

Last edited:
It dates back to the seventees...that is when Iwas assingned and trained in counter-terrorism along with alot of other Federal LE Officers!
And your biggest tool against terrorists was intel right? You didn't go chasing them willy nilly around the world. You waited, attempted to locate them and then got them. That is the way Mossad does it and it is the way we should do it. I have no problem with taking terrorists out like Mossad does. But fighting terrorists is not like fighting conventional soldiers or even Guerilla soldiers.

Well..............

And your biggest tool against terrorists was intel right? You didn't go chasing them willy nilly around the world. You waited, attempted to locate them and then got them. That is the way Mossad does it and it is the way we should do it. I have no problem with taking terrorists out like Mossad does. But fighting terrorists is not like fighting conventional soldiers or even Guerilla soldiers.

There was a little chasing them 'willy-nilly' across the globe...that is after the 'Intel' located them...;)

There was a little chasing them 'willy-nilly' across the globe...that is after the 'Intel' located them...;)
But it must have been more organized and more focused. I still believe the real problem and the reason the WTC attack was successful is that the Intelligence community fell in love with technology and sacrificed HUMINT for electonic intel. Big mistake and it cost us dearly.

Terrorists have been at war with the US since 1993

Ohh I thought the barracks in Lebanon were before that. When we tucked tail and ran.
ohh wait that was ronnie before he put on his magic underwear and turned tough ?

The hostage situation and the deal bush I one made with the Iranians was what got ronnie elected. Strange how he turned soft on the barracks bombing...

The hostage situation and the deal bush I one made with the Iranians was what got ronnie elected. Strange how he turned soft on the barracks bombing...

How do you select which conspiracy theories are valid and which aren't?

Well the Iran Contra deal backed up my suspicions on that one.

but of course everyone knows there was no linkage whatsoever :rolleyes:

1) that was Darla that posted this thread, not desh.

2) the left know McCain is the only Rep with a shot at winning right now. So of course they are going to be overly dramatic and twist everything the man says. Similar to his "1000 years" comment, they spin his honesty into doom and gloom.

We are going to be in this for a while and the odds of this going into another country (like Iran or Pakistan) are high, no matter who the next President is or what party she/he comes from.

The only reason McCain is again in the spotlight is because the republican field is so miserably weak that he has moved to the front by default.

If you believe this nation is ready for another round of useless wars you're crazy.

McCain would get his ass kicked in the general election against Obama or Clinton .. especially Obama.

Back