McCain uses POW ordeal to fight housing gaffe

I believe I can more ably ascertain their reactions than you. What makes your analysis so superior, besides you claiming it is?
Because the past pretty much tells me that people still vote for them, regardless. In this, I have reality on my side, and a long string of inane remarks of politicians ignored by "most people."

It does however show a rather large example of the point he is driving towards. His policy on illegal immigration was something he and I disagreed with, but that doesn't make him "more elite" than any other who supported it.

You think he thought of how he was going to run for President while in the POW camp and how this would benefit him? I think you over-simplify the experience because you work to seek things you see as "bad" in a person you disagree with on "globalism".

He's an elitist, very much so. What's your point again? More elite? Im not really interested in splitting hairs.

Again, it depends on the targeted audience. What you want is for everybody to dismiss this experience and his response to it in every circumstance. Pretending that the question wasn't asked to underline his "elitism" is sad pretense.
Ok lets deconstruct this.

Question: How many homes do you have.

Answer: I was a POW for 5 years.

This is a non-sequitor. ONe has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other.

And the fact that he was a POW 3 decades ago has nothing to do with combating the charge of elitism.

Perhaps 30 years ago he was not an elitist. I am sure that while he sat in that Hanoi pit of hell (always wanted to say that) he was not thinking about how many houses he would have in the future. But what that has to do with him NOW is the question. And the answer is a resounding NOTHING. He spouted off with it to shut people up. Not to show that he is not an elitist now. The framework of the entire question is what Trivializes the response and the sacrifice all the more. I was a POW is NOT a valid response to how many houses do you currently have. Hell it is a better answer for why he was fucking around on his first wife. I can see how being a POW for over 5 years might fuck with you enough that it would be hard to have meaningful relationships and you might want to bury that PTSD is relationship that were very physical and heated.

30 years ago I hung out with stupid people, some of my friends were stupid. But I liked them well enough. I now refuse to suffer stupid people unless they pay me. 30 years ago I was not an intellectual snob. Today I am.

Back