McCain: When Troops Can Come Home Is "Not too Important"

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
Asked about whether he had a better idea of when troops can start coming home from Iraq McCain responded by saying:

"No, but that's not too important. What's important is the casualties in Iraq."

He then reverted to the Germany and South Korea analogies.

Talk about gaffes. I know you think that John, but you're not supposed to say it!

Well, that’ll end up in a commercial, hopefully very soon. But this is nothing, in a way. I don’t know what it is, but I feel a disastrous senior moment coming, and it’s going to be much bigger. He doesn’t look healthy to me, and I don’t think he can hold up. It’s coming.

I wish that moveon, or someone like them, would run an ad showing that townhall meeting where that McCain supporter said “So, how are we going to beat the bitch?” and McCain merrily laughed, and then said “that’s a good question”.

He’s chasing Hillary supporters, and no one is running that?

"I feel a disastrous senior moment coming"

Just one?

Just wait until they crank up the klieg lights on this thing. McCain will make blunders & gaffes, as Obama will to a somewhat lesser extent, but it's the temper flares that will do him in. This is a guy who does not have a lot of patience, and who has never really experienced the kind of negativity that is about to be thrown his way, at this level.

He's going to snap. It's only a matter of time.

Just one?

Just wait until they crank up the klieg lights on this thing. McCain will make blunders & gaffes, as Obama will to a somewhat lesser extent, but it's the temper flares that will do him in. This is a guy who does not have a lot of patience, and who has never really experienced the kind of negativity that is about to be thrown his way, at this level.

You’re right. He’ll have at least one inappropriately enraged moment. But I think he’s going to do a senior thing too, like when Bob Dole fell of the stage. Something like that. I know it sounds awful, but I giggle sometimes when I imagine it.

Do you all really believe your own rhetoric that John McCain does not care nor have compassion for our troops? Because thats what you are trying to imply. Accuse this man of being old, not having it together on the economy, not being a true Conservative, being a hot head... but please with the left wing extreme take that this man does not care about our troops.

Do you all really believe your own rhetoric that John McCain does not care nor have compassion for our troops? Because thats what you are trying to imply. Accuse this man of being old, not having it together on the economy, not being a true Conservative, being a hot head... but please with the left wing extreme take that this man does not care about our troops.

He voted against the veterans benefits bill. I think he’s a hack who will do anything to be president, and that’s all he cares about. That’s what I think. Why do you believe he must care about our troops? Because he was a POW? I look to his votes, they talk.

It's not that he doesn't care about our troops. I'm sure as shit that he does care about our troops very much although he's got a funny way of showing it.

He just doesn't care if 150,000 of them are indefinitely stationed in Iraq and doesn't deem it important to start bringing them home. He also doesn't care enough to vote in favor of the bi-partisan new G.I. bill. He seems to believe that lofty rhetoric about "honor" is enough to show his care for the troops. Tangibles aren't important.

How does anyone expect this guy to get elected if he cant keep from saying shit like that!

Who said McCain does not care about the troops?

I do , his actions speak louder than words. Well at least he won't let his concern for the troops get in the way of his plans.

He voted against the veterans benefits bill. I think he’s a hack who will do anything to be president, and that’s all he cares about. That’s what I think. Why do you believe he must care about our troops? Because he was a POW? I look to his votes, they talk.

Maybe its the pork thats added to those bills .. thus the reason he doesnt support them.

Its easy to write up a bill and add a shit load of pork to it...and then cry foul when a candidate doesnt support it... typical election BS..

Thats why I support drawing up a big fat Energy Bill...one that has us drilling in the Northern Slope.., Building New refinaries ..right in your back yard, Nuke Plants, Liquid Coal.... this way the Dems can vote against it and Obama can voice opposition to it... and the Repubs can say the Dems are against cheap energy.

Asked about whether he had a better idea of when troops can start coming home from Iraq McCain responded by saying:

He then reverted to the Germany and South Korea analogies.

Talk about gaffes. I know you think that John, but you're not supposed to say it!

"McCain: When Troops Can Come Home Is "Not to Important"

I think some neocon on this board explained McCain's context to me.

Something about, we have to stay as long as it takes, and spend however much money it takes, until the day we aren't taking anymore casualities. And then we can stay forever. Or, 100 years, or a thousand years, or something.

Well, that’ll end up in a commercial, hopefully very soon. But this is nothing, in a way. I don’t know what it is, but I feel a disastrous senior moment coming, and it’s going to be much bigger. He doesn’t look healthy to me, and I don’t think he can hold up. It’s coming.

I wish that moveon, or someone like them, would run an ad showing that townhall meeting where that McCain supporter said “So, how are we going to beat the btch?” and McCain merrily laughed, and then said “that’s a good question”.
He’s chasing Hillary supporters, and no one is running that?

Good call I forgot about that.

"McCain: When Troops Can Come Home Is "Not to Important"

I think some neocon on this board explained McCain's context to me.

Something about, we have to stay as long as it takes, and spend however much money it takes, until the day we aren't taking anymore casualities. And then we can stay forever. Or, 100 years, or a thousand years, or something.

McCain explains in his quote:

McCain was asked if, since he argues the strategy is working, he has a better estimate for when U.S. troops could leave Iraq.

"No, but that's not too important," McCain said. "What's important is casualties in Iraq.

"Americans are in South Korea. Americans are in Japan. American troops are in Germany. That's all fine. American casualties, and the ability to withdraw. We will be able to withdraw. ... But the key to it is we don't want any more Americans in harm's way."

McCain explains in his quote:

McCain was asked if, since he argues the strategy is working, he has a better estimate for when U.S. troops could leave Iraq.

"No, but that's not too important," McCain said. "What's important is casualties in Iraq.

"Americans are in South Korea. Americans are in Japan. American troops are in Germany. That's all fine. American casualties, and the ability to withdraw. We will be able to withdraw. ... But the key to it is we don't want any more Americans in harm's way."

Thanks. That's even worse than I thought. Comparing Iraq to Germany is the height of dishonesty. It's not a valid analogy, and McCain is smart enough to know it.

Just one?

You are absolutely correct. McCain has got a lot more gaffes and blunders in front of him. You can count on it because he can't help himself.

Is this a sign that he's too old and doesn't have full control of himself .. quite possibly. But in any case, this man cannot be the president.

There are a lot of POW's, veterans, and their families who don't think McCain gives a rats ass about our troops.

Maybe its the pork thats added to those bills .. thus the reason he doesnt support them.

Its easy to write up a bill and add a shit load of pork to it...and then cry foul when a candidate doesnt support it... typical election BS..

Thats why I support drawing up a big fat Energy Bill...one that has us drilling in the Northern Slope.., Building New refinaries ..right in your back yard, Nuke Plants, Liquid Coal.... this way the Dems can vote against it and Obama can voice opposition to it... and the Repubs can say the Dems are against cheap energy.

Huh, maybe. Or, maybe you pulled this out of your ass. Let’s see OK?

"McCain and the administration base their opposition to the bill on the premise that the college benefits it offers veterans after three years of service are so generous that enlistees won’t re-enlist, and on Monday he honed in on what he said was most worrisome: That this will affect the number non-commissioned officers, who come from the ranks of those who have signed up for another hitch.
“They are very hard to replace. Encouraging people to choose to not become noncommissioned officers would hurt the military and our country very badly,” McCain said.

http://www.southernpoliticalreport.com/storylink_526_412.aspx

And Klaatu, that was all over the news, for a couple of weeks, including the reason why he wasn’t supporting the bill. And he took major heat from veterans groups, and I don’t mean “lefty” ones, I mean veterans groups, traditionally conservative, for it.

So if you didn’t know about this? You shouldn’t be voting.

Back