McCain wins FL

Iraq should have been dealt with long ago. Saying so doesn't make him a warmonger, it makes him correct.

Please, enlighten us on the vast array of aggressive, militant comments....

Please, make sure to use the "will keep us in Iraq for a 1000 years" line... that one makes me laugh every time some idiot on the left trots it out.

This conversation isn't worth having. You're clearly a warmonger, too. Not only was the Iraq War inevitable, but it should have been done a long time ago?

You're off the deep end. And forgive me if I don't take seriously your concerns about Hillary invading Iran.

This conversation isn't worth having. You're clearly a warmonger, too. Not only was the Iraq War inevitable, but it should have been done a long time ago?

You're off the deep end. And forgive me if I don't take seriously your concerns about Hillary invading Iran.

Yes, it should not have taken 12 years for something to be done. But I know, many on the left were big fans of just keeping Iraq contained for 1000 years or whatever.

Such a lovely tactic.... instead of providing the ample evidence you say you had... you resort to the traditional "you must be a warmonger" crap. Hell man, why not be a good little parrot and call me a "bush apologist". Surely you can come up with some completely arbitrary bullshit to try to divert from your lack of a position.

No, I’m just not going to bang my head against a wall. You’re a partisan republican and you don’t really care SF. It's not worth my time or my effort.

There it is.... the other leftwing fallback.... calling me a partisan republican. How quaint. Really, with the skills being shown by you and Dung, how will I ever survive the onslaught of meaningless bullshit?

Yes, it should not have taken 12 years for something to be done. But I know, many on the left were big fans of just keeping Iraq contained for 1000 years or whatever.

Such a lovely tactic.... instead of providing the ample evidence you say you had... you resort to the traditional "you must be a warmonger" crap. Hell man, why not be a good little parrot and call me a "bush apologist". Surely you can come up with some completely arbitrary bullshit to try to divert from your lack of a position.

There was a time in this country that war was considered the last resort. Keeping Iraq contained for 1000 years with minimal cost in lives or treasure surely beats the shit out of what we have going on right now. Of course, as a deficit hawk and a non-warmonger you obviously would disagree since waging war against a non-threat and being responsible for a long-term occupation that increases in costs each consecutive year with no end in sign is such a non-warmongering and deficit conscious position to take.

Surely you jest.

There it is.... the other leftwing fallback.... calling me a partisan republican. How quaint. Really, with the skills being shown by you and Dung, how will I ever survive the onslaught of meaningless bullshit?

It's not about winning an argument on the internet. It's just an argument not worth having.

Wow, your republican (R) on your girdle is really showing today. I'd rather contain iraq, for decades on end if neccessary. That's what we did with North Korea, Soviet Union, Libya, Cuba, and numerous other tin pot dictators.

I think most people have lost their interest of convincing you that your Iraq war was a costly and bloody mistake. Of the regular posters on this board, only you WRL (and Dixie, if he was around) have the nerve to publicly suggest that waging war on Iraq was still a good idea. Think about that: Your standing shoulder to shoulder with Dixie and WRL. Even Dano managed to give up his Iraq fantasies.

There was a time in this country that war was considered the last resort. Keeping Iraq contained for 1000 years with minimal cost in lives or treasure surely beats the shit out of what we have going on right now. Of course, as a deficit hawk and a non-warmonger you obviously would disagree since waging war against a non-threat and being responsible for a long-term occupation that increases in costs each consecutive year with no end in sign is such a non-warmongering and deficit conscious position to take.

Surely you jest.

Here we go again. Saying we should have dealt with Saddam long ago or saying the war was inevitable does not equate to "do everything just like the fuckup Bush has done".

Second, why is it that you and others continue to ignore all those dying under the sanctions and Saddam?

Surely you jest.

Iraq was never being contained at a minimal cost of lives.

Why can't Americans think outside of the box they've been told to think in?

Who told you Iraq had to be contained at all? The people who told you this, did they ever tell you anything else that was true?

It's not about winning an argument on the internet. It's just an argument not worth having.

If you do not wish to discuss the reasons you think McCain is a warmonger, then don't post "McCain is a warmonger". Because when you post shit like that, others who do not share your view are going to ask you to support it.

Here we go again. Saying we should have dealt with Saddam long ago or saying the war was inevitable does not equate to "do everything just like the fuckup Bush has done".

Second, why is it that you and others continue to ignore all those dying under the sanctions and Saddam?

Ah yes, the incompetency dodge. Apparently you were unaware that Bush was a colossal fuck-up before the Iraq War; it's no wonder McCain has you fooled.

Mark.

No, I’m just not going to bang my head against a wall. You’re a partisan republican and you don’t really care SF. It's not worth my time or my effort.

I fully agree with Darla. Unless you don't follow politics or been in a coma for twenty years there is no reason to explain why McCain is a warmonger. This the guy that cheered Kosovo, Bosnia and Clinton's other military adventures while the rest of the Repubs were pretending to be skeptical of policing the globe.

Iraq was never being contained at a minimal cost of lives.

Why can't Americans think outside of the box they've been told to think in?

Who told you Iraq had to be contained at all? The people who told you this, did they ever tell you anything else that was true?

I know we disagree on what should have been done, but the bolded above is something I would like Dung and others to read over and over again until they get it. Just because "containment" wasn't costing American lives, doesn't mean it wasn't costing lives.

If McCain is the Republican nominee I will vote for him as long he doesn't choose Guliani as the VP. He is not my first choice in this horserace....but he is a better choice for me than Hillary or Barak.

If you do not wish to discuss the reasons you think McCain is a warmonger, then don't post "McCain is a warmonger". Because when you post shit like that, others who do not share your view are going to ask you to support it.

Actually, dimwit, you asserted that McCain is not a war-monger despite all evidence to the contrary. Surely you can back up your assertion?

I know we disagree on what should have been done, but the bolded above is something I would like Dung and others to read over and over again until they get it. Just because "containment" wasn't costing American lives, doesn't mean it wasn't costing lives.

AH yes, Superfreak's war-mongering heart bleeds for the plight of the Iraqi people.

I have supported it. You ignored that and called it "left wing talking points", without supporting that.

That's why I'm not interested in having this conversation with you.

Please, I am well aware of the debate over iraq for the last 15 years. You want to pretend that Bush voters have "always" been concered for the suffering iraqis. That's BS. Cons were totally stoked for those sanction in the 1990s, and whenever any liberal group like Amnesty International or Human Rights watch complained about the devastation it was wreaking, con's always blamed Saddam. They never, not once, suggested lifting sanctions.

Bill Clinton's iraq policy was based on lies and immorality. No doubt about that. But, the true left wing and true liberals were the ONLY ones complaining about the human toll in the 1990s. Cons weren't. And it was due to the actions of people who truly cared about human suffering, that the sanctions were eased in the late 1990s. "Smart" sanctions, I think was the buzz word.

I fully agree with Darla. Unless you don't follow politics or been in a coma for twenty years there is no reason to explain why McCain is a warmonger. This the guy that cheered Kosovo, Bosnia and Clinton's other military adventures while the rest of the Repubs were pretending to be skeptical of policing the globe.

There is a big difference between "supporting military action to protect those that cannot protect themselves" and "supporting military action because you really really like war".

Bosnia and Kosovo were to stop genocide. We most certainly should not have stood on the sidelines. A lesson Clinton learned from Rwanda. A lesson we should take to heart as we continue to do nothing in the Sudan and Congo.

Back