McCains going to win the election. See below

True, however, we were talking about the general level of support that Obama currently has. We all understand that it is just a general poll. I would imagine we both know just as much if not more than you and grind as far as how the electoral college works.

And I would imagine that you don't, since I have a degree in Political Science and you have a degree in Business.

That is not necessarily true. You can win the popular vote and still have a close election... see Al Gore/GW Bush.

Most elections in which the popular vote was won and the electoral vote lost were very close elections.

If someone is ahead by more than five points in the polls, you can safely assume that they will win the presidency. Especially since this election is not a big state/small state divide.

And I would imagine that you don't, since I have a degree in Political Science and you have a degree in Business.

That means you likely have more in depth knowledge of the political system as a whole, I give you that. But I seriously doubt there is much if anything with regard to the electoral college that I am unaware of.

Most elections in which the popular vote was won and the electoral vote lost were very close elections.

If someone is ahead by more than five points in the polls, you can safely assume that they will win the presidency. Especially since this election is not a big state/small state divide.

True, but you stated that whomever won the popular tended to LANDSLIDE the electoral. There is a bit of a difference.

I am aware of how one must win to become president. However, at this point so many people have been talking about the bump in the polls. Neither had gotten 50% until just recently.

As I remember, Kerry and Gore led some polls in elections a few years back. But I think maybe they were cnn polls so they didn't count.

Back