McCain's Solution For Rising Healthcare Costs:

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
An empty rhetorical speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28/mccain/index.html

he solution, McCain said, "isn't a one-size-fits-all-big government takeover" but "with the American people themselves."

"We have always trusted in ourselves to meet any challenge that required only our ingenuity and industry to surmount," the Arizona Republican said. "Any solution that robs us of that essential sense of ourselves is a cure far worse than the affliction it is meant to treat."

What the fck is this old wind bag talking about? His slogan should be, "No we won't"

Unreal. It'll just take care of itself.

Wait until people get a full helping of McCain on domestic policy. He was asked about national testing in education, which is a disaster, and said he'd have to look into it.

I hate how they always wrap their ignorance & lack of creativity around faith in "American ingenuity"...

Unreal. It'll just take care of itself.

Wait until people get a full helping of McCain on domestic policy. He was asked about national testing in education, which is a disaster, and said he'd have to look into it.

I hate how they always wrap their ignorance & lack of creativity around faith in "American ingenuity"...

Unbelievable. It wasn't even close to being a solution. And watch, when Obama win's he'll say Obama doesn't have any solutions, meanwhile he's pretending this existentialist bull$hit means anything.

I mean really, "Any solution that robs us of that essential sense of ourselves is....." his man card should be revoked for that .

My essential sense of myself relies a great deal upon good health. If I can't afford health coverage, my chances of dying are better, and once I die, my essential sense of myself is out the window.

My essential sense of myself relies a great deal upon good health. If I can't afford health coverage, my chances of dying are better, and once I die, my essential sense of myself is out the window.

You have to look inward and gain strength from within. It only then when you're employer takes advantage of tax breaks and you start a health savings plan that you're inner you will take off and your essential self will heal. Look within.

My essential sense of myself tells me the Isurance companies are robbing us litterally blind, sick and dead.

An empty rhetorical speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28/mccain/index.html

he solution, McCain said, "isn't a one-size-fits-all-big government takeover" but "with the American people themselves."

"We have always trusted in ourselves to meet any challenge that required only our ingenuity and industry to surmount," the Arizona Republican said. "Any solution that robs us of that essential sense of ourselves is a cure far worse than the affliction it is meant to treat."

What the fck is this old wind bag talking about? His slogan should be, "No we won't"

I’m convinced this old bastard has dementia, and the Obama/ Hillary never-ending primary, is deflecting any attention away from this guy. It’s such a shame. He is not all there. I am starting to really wonder why he hasn’t released his medical records?

I’m convinced this old bastard has dementia, and the Obama/ Hillary never-ending primary, is deflecting any attention away from this guy. It’s such a shame. He is not all there. I am starting to really wonder why he hasn’t released his medical records?

He's so irrelevent. That doesn't even make any sense. He better not come at obama over speeches.

This is the best move I've seen McCain make in a while.

Coming out strong against nationalized healthcare is important for him if he is to have any chance of winning.

Coming out strong against nationalized healthcare is important for him if he is to have any chance of winning.

But the guy said nothing ?
execpt he was against it ?
Good soloution guy there.

Yes, since no other candidate is offering "nationalized healthcare" I agree that it is paramount that McCain come out strong against it.

It would also be beneficial for him to offer "pro-growth" economic proposals to combat those anti-growth proposals the Democrats are offering up.

His speech on the subject had more substance than all of your posts combined.

You all are pretending that because he didn't advocate what you wanted to hear that it was entirely meaningless.

And you are wrong.

huh?

#1) a national payer is not "nationalized healthcare" by a long shot
#2) he has no solution

It doesn't matter if he says nothing. It sounds like he's saying something. And he's against "nationalized healthcare" or something.

Does anyone know what his actual policy is or is it nothing?

Yes, since no other candidate is offering "nationalized healthcare" I agree that it is paramount that McCain come out strong against it.

It would also be beneficial for him to offer "pro-growth" economic proposals to combat those anti-growth proposals the Democrats are offering up.

You say McCain is perpetuating a strawman.

I say that is irrelevant. Perception is what is important, and if McCain can successfully convince voters that the Democratic solution is just another "big government" solution then he has a chance.

Personally, while I think that the Democratic plan is exactly that, I am well aware that the reality of the situation is unimportant and that perception will decide our next President.

His speech on the subject had more substance than all of your posts combined.

You all are pretending that because he didn't advocate what you wanted to hear that it was entirely meaningless.

And you are wrong.

He didn't advocate any solution to the problem at hand. That was empty rhetoric. We have tax breaks for insurance, we have health savings plans, obviously these aren't solutions when millions are still uninsured and underinsured.

It doesn't matter if he says nothing. It sounds like he's saying something. And he's against "nationalized healthcare" or something.

Republican tools are sooo easy to sell to. I wonder if they are the biggest purchasers on HSN ? And have all the Ronco products ?

evidently its nothing.

Back