McCarthy blocks bipartisan bill

floridafan

Verified User
Republican Speaker Kevin McCarthy is saying he will not allow the House to take up a compromise bill supported by a large and bipartisan majority of Senators that would allow the federal government to continue operating past the midnight Saturday deadline.

“I don’t see the support in the House," for the Senate's proposed continuing resolution, McCarthy said on Wednesday, according to Punchbowl News' Jake Sherman. He also reports that "this is the most explicit he’s been" in saying "he won’t take it up and pass it as is."

Chad Pergram, the Senior Congressional Correspondent for Fox News reports, "McCarthy says he won’t allow the House to consider the Senate’s stopgap spending bill to avert a gov’t shutdown for 45 days. 77 bipartisan senators supported the package on a test vote last night.

Meanwhile, House Republicans, and especially Speaker McCarthy, are attempting to blame the likely shutdown on Democrats. House Democrats, Senate Democrats and most Senate Republicans have been working to avert a shutdown but Speaker McCarthy's most extreme members have been pushing to shut down the federal government. Political observers say he could keep the government running by putting together a majority of House Democrats and a handful of moderate Republicans to pass a continuing resolution, but would likely lose his Speakership as a result.

Republican Speaker Kevin McCarthy is saying he will not allow the House to take up a compromise bill supported by a large and bipartisan majority of Senators that would allow the federal government to continue operating past the midnight Saturday deadline.

“I don’t see the support in the House," for the Senate's proposed continuing resolution, McCarthy said on Wednesday, according to Punchbowl News' Jake Sherman. He also reports that "this is the most explicit he’s been" in saying "he won’t take it up and pass it as is."

Chad Pergram, the Senior Congressional Correspondent for Fox News reports, "McCarthy says he won’t allow the House to consider the Senate’s stopgap spending bill to avert a gov’t shutdown for 45 days. 77 bipartisan senators supported the package on a test vote last night.

Meanwhile, House Republicans, and especially Speaker McCarthy, are attempting to blame the likely shutdown on Democrats. House Democrats, Senate Democrats and most Senate Republicans have been working to avert a shutdown but Speaker McCarthy's most extreme members have been pushing to shut down the federal government. Political observers say he could keep the government running by putting together a majority of House Democrats and a handful of moderate Republicans to pass a continuing resolution, but would likely lose his Speakership as a result.
Putting himself over the nation.

An utter disgrace of a leader. I guess he misread the motto, he thought it said 'Do The Wrong Thing'. I think a government shutdown is now guaranteed. A straight up vote on the Senate bill would easily pass the House. And at the end of the day, that's what will happen, but McCarthy is going to put millions of Americans through a shutdown because he lacks a spine.

What a gutless coward he is.

First there is no citation so its all bullshit. Second even if it is true nothing in that rant tells us the reasons McCarthy won't bring it for a vote. Blaming the DFs for the shut down is not a reason.

First there is no citation so its all bullshit. Second even if it is true nothing in that rant tells us the reasons McCarthy won't bring it for a vote. Blaming the DFs for the shut down is not a reason.

You know the reason, my dear. He is afraid for his job!

McCarthy is as big a fuckwit as the fuckwits in his district who elected him.
Who let those motherfuckers into California?

If there were actually an afterlife,
Joe McCarthy would be smiling at good ol' Kev
from somewhere dark and dreary.

When a news articles declares that a bill is supported by a large and bipartisan majority, the bill is likely being pushed by a fringe, radical leftist minority. It's probably something that has a provision in it to kill capitalism and to place political dissenters under house arrest.

I'm certain that Speaker Kevin McCarthy is doing the right thing in blocking the bill until it is modified to no longer kill the nation's economy.

... by not allowing stupid, radical leftist minorities to kill the country outright. All I have to know is your position on a matter and I'll know what the wrong position is.

An utter disgrace of a leader.
It figures you would chime in on cue with all the other stupid leftist cowards. Seeing you mindlessly piling on leaves no doubt that McCarthy is doing the right thing. Why else would your slave-masters have you sloganeering without adding any insight as to what the root issues are. You don't care. You just OBEY.

This message is hidden because IBDaMann is on your ignore list.

I'm ignoring all three of 'you'

Back