Media misses half the equation.

So, if McCain's Paster were he to have one, were to go and make a speach, it would get this kinda coverage?

Imagine the uproar is Obama did not attend a church, like McCain?

If McCains pastor/preacher etc... were to come out with comments like Wright and then started trading shots with McCain... yes, it would get a lot of coverage. Probably not quite as much given that McCain already has the nomination locked up and thus some coverage would still have to be given to the Obama/Hillary fight.

Somehow I doubt most Dems would care if Obama did not attend church. The reps that care aren't voting for him anyway and I doubt the Indpendents and moderate would care. Just my opinion.

If he were to go and make the same kind of speech that Wright did. Yeah. And if Obama didn't attend church there would have been no uproar. It would not be a shock to find he was a secular politician. Especially from your group.

Yeah right Freddy, with all the islam, osama, etc spin from the right ?

Obama gives this more power because he continues to talk about it.

Right. And Kerry fucked up by letting the swiftboat lies go on too long.

Isn’t it convenient that no matter how evil republicans act, no matter how the democrat reacts, it can always be blamed on him?

Isn’t it convenient that no matter how evil republicans act, no matter how the democrat reacts, it can always be blamed on him?

Isn't it REALLY convenient that even when it is a Democrat attacking a Democrat, people can still act like it is the Republicans fault.

Obama gives this more power because he continues to talk about it.

That's an absurd disconnect w/ reality you have there. I lost count of how many pundits, columnists, cable show panels & talk radio hosts who were yelling that Obama's campaign would be finished if he didn't sever ties with Wright after the press club appearance Monday.

If he didn't have that press conference, the story would be much bigger today than it is. It's absolutely ridiculous to try to make any argument that Obama himself is driving this story.

Or is this more dry wit from you?

The R's didn't do this to Obama, Darla.

That's an absurd disconnect w/ reality you have there. I lost count of how many pundits, columnists, cable show panels & talk radio hosts who were yelling that Obama's campaign would be finished if he didn't sever ties with Wright after the press club appearance Monday.

If he didn't have that press conference, the story would be much bigger today than it is. It's absolutely ridiculous to try to make any argument that Obama himself is driving this story.

Or is this more dry wit from you?
True. I just think I would have taken the Rev's Advice before this and distanced myself previous to my announcement.

Had he been a "former" paster from the beginning, it just wouldn't have the power it has now. The same way that McCain is able to just ignore the stuff about Hagee... who isn't his pastor, and never was.

True. I just think I would have taken the Rev's Advice before this and distanced myself previous to my announcement.

Had he been a "former" paster from the beginning, it just wouldn't have the power it has now. The same way that McCain is able to just ignore the stuff about Hagee... who isn't his pastor, and never was.

Um....no. There is as obvious a double-standard as I have seen in politics.

McCain sought Hagee's endorsement. Have there been persistent calls for him to reject that endorsement, or denounce Hagee? Has he done anything of the sort?

You don't have to answer that.

Um....no. There is as obvious a double-standard as I have seen in politics.

McCain sought Hagee's endorsement. Have there been persistent calls for him to reject that endorsement, or denounce Hagee? Has he done anything of the sort?

You don't have to answer that.
If Obama sought, say, Jesse Jackson's endorsement, even if he was saying some of the same things, would it hurt him as much?

I don't think so.

While I think it is more glaring, and therefore more active coverage in the media, because of Obama's words on how important his religion was to him, and that being novel with a D, I think that had he been an ex-pastor even an endorsement just wouldn't have this kind of power.

I know you don't want me to answer that, because it sucks away the power of "It's a double standard!"

Seriously, we have spent years talking about Hagee and his ilk and how it was relative to politics. Now it's some of the left's turn.

If Obama sought, say, Jesse Jackson's endorsement, even if he was saying some of the same things, would it hurt him as much?

I don't think so.

While I think it is more glaring, and therefore more active coverage in the media, because of Obama's words on how important his religion was to him, and that being novel with a D, I think that had he been an ex-pastor even an endorsement just wouldn't have this kind of power.

I know you don't want me to answer that, because it sucks away the power of "It's a double standard!"

I guess you missed the week-long coverage about the weakness of Obama saying "denounce" instead of "reject" over a Farakhan endorsement he didn't seek or ask for (unlike McCain).

I guess you missed that.

I guess you missed the week-long coverage about the weakness of Obama saying "denounce" instead of "reject" over a Farakhan endorsement he didn't seek or ask for (unlike McCain).

I guess you missed that.
I didn't miss it. I also didn't miss all the calls from the lefty media asking why McCain didn't denounce Hagee.

Again, moot. The reality is there is a huge difference between even Farrakhan and your pastor of 20 years.

He did not miss it, just cannot accept it.
What planet do you live on?

I've heard about a million lefty pundits say, "Why didn't McCain reject Hagee?"

I even said here that if I were Obama I'd just let the Farrakhan thing go, nobody really cares. Most of the Farrakhan thing is because of Wright anyway...

I can't imagine Farrakhan not endorsing a lefty black candidate.

What planet do you live on?

I've heard about a million lefty pundits say, "Why didn't McCain reject Hagee?"

I even said here that if I were Obama I'd just let the Farrakhan thing go, nobody really cares. Most of the Farrakhan thing is because of Wright anyway...

I can't imagine Farrakhan not endorsing a lefty black candidate.

And none of that addresses your non acceptance Damo.

And none of that addresses your non acceptance Damo.
Rubbish. What, are you three? I accepted that people asked him to do that. This is pretense, uscit, and you are usually a bit above this.

I also accept that others asked McCain to do the same with others. It is your side that is pretending that it didn't happen.

That he rejected their pleas doesn't change that they happened. I believe the same thing would happen had Obama rejected a plea to "denounce" Farrakhan. And remember it was HillBilly requesting that he "reject" Farrakhan.

Back