Melchizedek

Yes, actually. It seems to consist of several rather disconnected bits of history, in much the same way the Bible does.
Like the Bible, it discusses Christ and God, and provides good counsel.

I would say it is YOU that has not read the Book of Mormon, since you seem to think it's some kind of novel.

Yes, actually. It seems to consist of several rather disconnected bits of history, in much the same way the Bible does.
Most of those people have any historical evidence they ever existed in the Book or Mormon

Most of those people have any historical evidence they ever existed in the Book or Mormon
Argument of the Stone fallacy. Denial of self reference fallacy. Math errors: failure to declare boundary. Failure to declare boundary. Failure to declare data.

Attempted proof by negative identity.

I liked the time when Joseph Smith bought a scrap of ancient Egyptian papyrus and "translated" it (but never published it). Supposedly he thought it contained stuff it turned out to be completely unrelated to. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith_Papyri)

I must say I am fascinated by the Mormon religion since it is a great case where something is just young enough for us to all see the likely real manipulations and fabrications, but it's old enough that the religion has become well-established so there are people who actually believe it.

I see religion kind of like an evolutionary process. Once a religion gets established and maintains itself for a few centuries suddenly it is quite easy to overlook the "weirdnesses" of the source material, or even the possibility that it could be mostly "made up".

Into seldom has ANY valuable content and debating or discussing a point with them is pretty much guaranteed to be useless. Occasionally you can hit Into at a point when he's posting something with minor content but don't hope for it to last. Ultimately he'll resort to these silly posts.

I liked the time when Joseph Smith bought a scrap of ancient Egyptian papyrus and "translated" it (but never published it). Supposedly he thought it contained stuff it turned out to be completely unrelated to. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith_Papyri)

I must say I am fascinated by the Mormon religion since it is a great case where something is just young enough for us to all see the likely real manipulations and fabrications, but it's old enough that the religion has become well-established so there are people who actually believe it.

I see religion kind of like an evolutionary process. Once a religion gets established and maintains itself for a few centuries suddenly it is quite easy to overlook the "weirdnesses" of the source material, or even the possibility that it could be mostly "made up".
People still say the same thing about the Bible.
So what else is new? There will always be people that reject them.

Into seldom has ANY valuable content and debating or discussing a point with them is pretty much guaranteed to be useless. Occasionally you can hit Into at a point when he's posting something with minor content but don't hope for it to last. Ultimately he'll resort to these silly posts.
DON'T TRY TO BLAME YOUR PROBLEM ON ME OR ANYBODY ELSE, SYBIL!

Back