I wish peace to all

Peace can only come when one gets correct with reality

To some it will be a painful process

It makes me sad that pain has to come before peace to some

It was those humans choice to veer from reality

So they are responsible for their own pain in reaching peace

They chose the pain

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

We like both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day too. Had a seafood fest last night -- king crab legs, bacon-wrapped scallops, clam chowder, shrimp. Today it's corned beef by request of Mr. Owl. I know, weird but hey! We'll be sharing with our neighbors.

Delightful. And we are having our seafood fest today...

No reason for a big feast without the large gathering. So we are treating ourselves to a 'homemade restaurant meal.'

We save so much money by not eating out that we can afford the best items at the store. It's gonna be yummy!

Last edited:
Delightful. And we are having our seafood fest today...

No reason for a big feast without the large gathering. So we are treating ourselves to a 'homemade restaurant meal.'

We save so much money by not eating out that we can afford the best items at the store. It's gonna be yummy!

What's on your menu?

It sounds delicious. How nice to share. I’ve got tamales to eat today. It’s a Texas thing.

Do you serve black-eyed peas for New Year's too? That seems to be a southern tradition. Along with chitlins and collard greens. Our boss when I worked at the jail kitchen used to bring in droves of that for holidays. Her family was from Mississippi. One of the officers' wives was from Thailand; she delivered a huge spread on Christmas Eve for everyone working -- Thai dishes, egg rolls, soups, curry. Plus we all brought in Christmas cookies and shared them with the staff and the inmate workers. I swear we all gained 10 lbs in a week. lol

It sounds delicious. How nice to share. I’ve got tamales to eat today. It’s a Texas thing.

I am cooking ham steaks cooks with sugar and brown sugar, (makes a sweet glaze) mashed taters with gravy and green beans with mushrooms. And Pecan pie for desert. The pie is store bought.

Merry Christmas, Phantasmal...and to EVERYONE else in the forum.

That does include the people with whom I have considerable disagreement.

We are all in this together.

Marvelous sentiment.

Merry Ho Ho to you as well.

(Not that we disagree on that much. Personally, I think you are right about a LOT...)

Back