Mike Duncan The Storm before the Storm

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
For those of who enjoyed Mike Duncan’s History of Rome Podcast he’s published an audiobook that’s available on YouTube.

It’s called the Storm before the Storm and covers the era of the Roman Republic and events that led up to the fall of the Republic. Good stuff.

I was listening to his shit in 2007 while eating copious amounts of volcano tacos. awesome podcast

This isn't from that Podcast series. This is a new book and he goes into far more detail about that time period of the Republic. Good listen.

im aware of that dumbass. I Know it's not part of the podcast. I said I was listening to his shit in 2007, and referencing the podcast you yourself mentioned in the OP. even though I am a roman history expert and genius, I suppose I shall give this a listen, because mike duncan rules

im aware of that dumbass. I Know it's not part of the podcast. I said I was listening to his shit in 2007, and referencing the podcast you yourself mentioned in the OP. even though I am a roman history expert and genius, I suppose I shall give this a listen, because mike duncan rules

Well dipshit I know that you know about Mike Duncan's 2007 podcast and listened to it cause you're the asshole who turned me onto him! Grrrrr!

BTW...and I keep telling you this. Mike Duncan doesn't have shit on Colleen McCullough. Read her Masters of Rome series. Mike is good. He's very good but he's not as good as she is. Mike Duncan is the readers digests version compared to McCullough.

Well dipshit I know that you know about Mike Duncan's 2007 podcast and listened to it cause you're the asshole who turned me onto him! Grrrrr!

BTW...and I keep telling you this. Mike Duncan doesn't have shit on Colleen McCullough. Read her Masters of Rome series. Mike is good. He's very good but he's not as good as she is.

oh i agree mikes prob not the best.

you may also want to check out this youtube channel, he makes a lot of videos on rome, he's been covering almost all of caesars campaigns recently:

it's not super dense but still a fun watch

oh i agree mikes prob not the best.

you may also want to check out this youtube channel, he makes a lot of videos on rome, he's been covering almost all of caesars campaigns recently:

it's not super dense but still a fun watch

Metatron has some pretty good Youtube videos on ancient history. When he can get out of his own way that is.

Finally finished the whole podcast. I still think the Masters of Rome series is far better but I do appreciate the attention that he give to the brothers Grachi whom McCollough largely bypasses.

Finally finished the whole podcast. I still think the Masters of Rome series is far better but I do appreciate the attention that he give to the brothers Grachi whom McCollough largely bypasses.

How in the exact fuck do you bypass the Gracchi? Way more significant than, for example, the consulship of Scipio.

For those of who enjoyed Mike Duncan’s History of Rome Podcast he’s published an audiobook that’s available on YouTube.

It’s called the Storm before the Storm and covers the era of the Roman Republic and events that led up to the fall of the Republic. Good stuff.

Is the narrator good? I listen to a lot of audiobooks, the greatest piece of literature in the world can be ruined by a bad reader.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot.

Is the narrator good? I listen to a lot of audiobooks, the greatest piece of literature in the world can be ruined by a bad reader.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot.

He's very good. Excellent as a matter of fact. His podcast on the history of Rome is brilliant. It's about 100 podcasts of around 30 minutes duration each. Given the vastness of of the topic he doesn't go into a great degree of detail in those pod casts.

In this one he does go into more detail in which he focuses on the events that led up to the fall of the Roman Republic starting with the murder or the Gracchi brothers, then the Germanic invasions and the rise of Marius and the Marian reforms then into the Social Wars, Sulla's dictatorship, etc,.

He's very good. Excellent as a matter of fact. His podcast on the history of Rome is brilliant. It's about 100 podcasts of around 30 minutes duration each. Given the vastness of of the topic he doesn't go into a great degree of detail in those pod casts.

In this one he does go into more detail in which he focuses on the events that led up to the fall of the Roman Republic starting with the murder or the Gracchi brothers, then the Germanic invasions and the rise of Marius and the Marian reforms then into the Social Wars, Sulla's dictatorship, etc,.

Thanks. I actually went to my library website, listened to a sample, and put a copy on hold. I can't effectively listen to audiobooks on YouTube.

Back