Mike Duncan The Storm before the Storm

Thanks. I actually went to my library website, listened to a sample, and put a copy on hold. I can't effectively listen to audiobooks on YouTube.
If you enjoy it I also wold highly recommend Colleen McCollough's Masters of Rome series. The degree of research she puts into them is mindboggling. If you like Allen Eckerts "Winning of America Series" you'll love McCollough's "Masters of Rome Series" as she's one of the few historical novelist I know who approaches Eckert in terms of the research that goes into her historical novels. Definately in the same league as James Michner and Gary Jennings too.

I am currently rereading Anthony & Cleopatra! She is one of my favorite authors!
All I can say after reading that Novel is "Thank God Octavian Won" LOL

The first of the series, "The First Man in Rome" is my all time favorite. I still can't get my head around what a staggering villain Quintus Servelius Caepio was. The man who stole the gold of Tolosa and lost the battle of Arausio.

The Migration of the Tuetones and Cimbri is also difficult to conceive but imagine the catastrophe of having a migrating group of nearly a million people traversing across your land in one group.

Last edited:
All I can say after reading that Novel is "Thank God Octavian Won" LOL

The first of the series, "The First Man in Rome" is my all time favorite. I still can't get my head around what a staggering villain Quintus Servelius Caepio was. The man who stole the gold of Tolosa and lost the battle of Arausio.

The Migration of the Tuetones and Cimbri is also difficult to conceive but imagine the catastrophe of having a migrating group of nearly a million people traversing across your land in one group.
I’ve decided to reread them all now! I always read two books at once, I know weird habit. I read a new book and reread my favorites!

Back