Mitt Visits the NAACP

I actually think a bit better about Romney because he had the balls to go to the NAACP .. which is far from a militant organization.

Unfortunately, it is apparent that he does not have black advisors close to him on his staff. He could have played that better.

from what I saw on the news tonight about half the crowd gave him a standing ovation.....so it wasn't all boos.....

That is correct.

From my perspective, unless he was calling for the reinstitution of slavery, he should not have been booed .. even though his delivery was flawed.

Correct. They were showing their respect to the man. Unlike certain members of congress when the president speaks before them.

????....what percentage of members of Congress contrasted with what percentage of the NAACP?......let's try to retain a bit of honesty in at least some of your posts.....

damn if he does, damned if doesn't. if romney had not gone, you would have called him a racist for ignoring them. when he goes...you blast him because he supposedly doesn't have many black voters on his side.

so what? the fact he went is a positive. i never understood why bush ignored them. i thought it was a dumb move by bush. it doesn't matter if only one or none of the NAACP members support romney, if romney wins, romney will be their president.

Romney On NAACP Booers: They’re Freeloaders

romney-naacp.jpg

Mitt Romney has found a new spin for the resounding chorus of boos he triggered at the NAACP on Wednesday. At a fundraiser in Montana that night, Romney boasted about the boos to a very different crowd, saying: “If they want more stuff from the government, tell them to go vote for the other guy — more free stuff. But don’t forget nothing is really free.”

Given Romney’s fraught history with the organization — Mother Jones reported yesterday on his antagonistic relationship with the Boston NAACP while governor — invoking the “welfare queen” stereotype against NAACP members who support Obamacare is tone deaf, if not a deliberate attempt to stoke conservative resentment against so-called government freeloaders.

The “free stuff” comment is a mantra Romney uses often. Just last month, in a speech to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO), Romney scoffed, “Everybody likes free stuff, but there is no free stuff.”

(read the rest - link in the title)

Hah! Poor Mittens!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobil...n-speech_n_1668867.html?icid=hp_front_top_art

The campaign actually gave me a list of African-American VIPs that they brought in to the NAACP meeting," Shelton told Schultz. "So,I’m sure those are the ones they sat down with because,quite frankly,none of the rank-and-file NAACPers met with him.”

After the speech,Romney said that he had African-American supporters at the convention who spoke with him privately and expressed their support.

Last edited:
Romney On NAACP Booers: They’re Freeloaders

romney-naacp.jpg

Mitt Romney has found a new spin for the resounding chorus of boos he triggered at the NAACP on Wednesday. At a fundraiser in Montana that night, Romney boasted about the boos to a very different crowd, saying: “If they want more stuff from the government, tell them to go vote for the other guy — more free stuff. But don’t forget nothing is really free.”

Given Romney’s fraught history with the organization — Mother Jones reported yesterday on his antagonistic relationship with the Boston NAACP while governor — invoking the “welfare queen” stereotype against NAACP members who support Obamacare is tone deaf, if not a deliberate attempt to stoke conservative resentment against so-called government freeloaders.

The “free stuff” comment is a mantra Romney uses often. Just last month, in a speech to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO), Romney scoffed, “Everybody likes free stuff, but there is no free stuff.”

(read the rest - link in the title)

I was wrong. I gave Romney the benefit of doubt and ASSumed that his intentions were sincere. As it turns out, it appears there is no sincerity in this man anywhere to be found.

I liked his father .. but this is one apple that rests far from its tree.

I was wrong. I gave Romney the benefit of doubt and ASSumed that his intentions were sincere. As it turns out, it appears there is no sincerity in this man anywhere to be found.

I liked his father .. but this is one apple that rests far from its tree.

I was going to say something the other day, but I felt so cynical and it's hard to say that to someone. But the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw him there and that he told them he was going to repeal Obamacare, I felt like, yeah he knew that line would get booed and even though everyone there later applauded him and were gracious to him, he wanted that "the NAACP booed Mitt Romney" to be the news. It's so ugly because of what it says about the portion of his base that is not happy with him because they don't feel he's "conservative enough". And also I thought well maybe I have just become too cynical.

Natch, it didn't go well...

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...-romneys-unpleasant-visit-with-the-naacp?lite

I have yo ask...why did he go there at all? He's only got the votes of three blacks...

His gardener is an illegal Mexican. Maybe he needs a new chauffeur?

And how would you have reacted had he declined the invitation?

Romney is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, as far as you and your ilk are concerned.

Thankfully, we won't have to put up with this shit for too much longer. Your messiah will soon be on a plane back to Chicago where he belongs.

I was going to say something the other day, but I felt so cynical and it's hard to say that to someone. But the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw him there and that he told them he was going to repeal Obamacare, I felt like, yeah he knew that line would get booed and even though everyone there later applauded him and were gracious to him, he wanted that "the NAACP booed Mitt Romney" to be the news. It's so ugly because of what it says about the portion of his base that is not happy with him because they don't feel he's "conservative enough". And also I thought well maybe I have just become too cynical.

Instaed it appears that you were right on the money and I'm obviously not cynical enough. :0(

Imagine that. Me, not cynical enough.

Back