Mitt Visits the NAACP

Instaed it appears that you were right on the money and I'm obviously not cynical enough. :0(

Imagine that. Me, not cynical enough.

You're plenty cynical. You had a lapse, that's all. ;)

You know, it's just not very wise for the uber-rich guy who's trying to convince everyone how 'in-touch' he is to be critical lower-classes finally getting affordable health care and characterizing it as "getting free stuff". It's almost unseemly.

I'm glad he went to the NAACP. to the credit of both the audience and Romney it wasn't all booing.
The "free stuff" is Romney talk, he did say nothing is free. Romney cannot campaign, he cannot enunciate an apprehensible position on anything.

Bottom line: Mitt the empty suit went to the NAACP to reaffirm his position with the core teabagger/neocon zealots and flunkies, "See, those negroes are not going to listen to reason!"

All he did was just put a couple of more votes in for Obama.

You liberals amaze me. Romney was honest about his beliefs to the NAACP. Had he not been (say, had he sucked up to Obama as McShame did in '08), you liberals would have criticized him for trying to kiss up to black voters. Had he not attended at all, you liberals would have bashed him for declining the invitation. There is no winning with you people.

You liberals amaze me. Romney was honest about his beliefs to the NAACP. Had he not been (say, had he sucked up to Obama as McShame did in '08), you liberals would have criticized him for trying to kiss up to black voters. Had he not attended at all, you liberals would have bashed him for declining the invitation. There is no winning with you people.

sorry to inform you, son...but your "honest" candidate shipped in the black folk he stated "supported him" from that engagement. so much for Mitten's "honesty".

But let's assume you're right about Mitten's honesty.....well, the NAACP honestly allowed him to speak, honestly gave him a gracious applause, and honestly reacted when he spewed the neocon/teabagger bullshit that Rove and Norquist hand to Drudge. TFB for you that the NAACP audience didn't genuflect in Mitten's presence!

You neocon/teabagger flunkies amaze me!

You know, it's just not very wise for the uber-rich guy who's trying to convince everyone how 'in-touch' he is to be critical lower-classes finally getting affordable health care and characterizing it as "getting free stuff". It's almost unseemly.

I agree with you.

Yet they wonder why they are so rejected.

Who's bashing him for attending? I'm applauding the audience who booed him. :D

sorry to inform you, son...but your "honest" candidate shipped in the black folk he stated "supported him" from that engagement. so much for Mitten's "honesty".

But let's assume you're right about Mitten's honesty.....well, the NAACP honestly allowed him to speak, honestly gave him a gracious applause, and honestly reacted when he spewed the neocon/teabagger bullshit that Rove and Norquist hand to Drudge. TFB for you that the NAACP audience didn't genuflect in Mitten's presence!

Yep, I read that this morning. :rofl2:

damn if he does, damned if doesn't. if romney had not gone, you would have called him a racist for ignoring them. when he goes...you blast him because he supposedly doesn't have many black voters on his side.

so what? the fact he went is a positive. i never understood why bush ignored them. i thought it was a dumb move by bush. it doesn't matter if only one or none of the NAACP members support romney, if romney wins, romney will be their president.

amazing how true this post is....

sad really

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Yep, I read that this morning. :rofl2:

Yep, the truth is garlic to a vampire for our resident neocon/teabagger flunkies...note the groans from C'est La Vie and Yurt (but they can't DENY THE FACTS).

I was going to say something the other day, but I felt so cynical and it's hard to say that to someone. But the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw him there and that he told them he was going to repeal Obamacare, I felt like, yeah he knew that line would get booed and even though everyone there later applauded him and were gracious to him, he wanted that "the NAACP booed Mitt Romney" to be the news. It's so ugly because of what it says about the portion of his base that is not happy with him because they don't feel he's "conservative enough". And also I thought well maybe I have just become too cynical.

nope i think you are right. and that's why romney is a political genius. He got them to boo him after mentioning cutting wasteful spending. That's going to make a great campaign commercial and stump speech.

Three-quarters of registered voters say the fact that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is worth more than $200 million makes no difference to their likelihood of voting for him.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155627/Mitt-Romney-Wealth-Costs-One-Five-Voters.aspx

romney%20free%20horse.jpg

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
Yep, the truth is garlic to a vampire for our resident neocon/teabagger flunkies...note the groans from C'est La Vie and Yurt (but they can't DENY THE FACTS).
your 'facts' have been proven false.

try again?

Really? When? Where? By whom?

Put up or shut up, Yurtle old thing...otherwise your just lying your Yurtle simple ass off as usual.

Back