More Corruption

90% of all politicians are slime and the 10% good ones are stomped into the ground. And all we care about is American idle, reality shows, and how nice of a car we have.....

90% of all politicians are slime and the 10% good ones are stomped into the ground. And all we care about is American idle, reality shows, and how nice of a car we have.....
Clearly that is why I made a car website for us all to come on and talk about our cars and how cool they are....

Clearly that is why I made a car website for us all to come on and talk about our cars and how cool they are....

Yes but, we're different. We always have been, we always will be.

And that is why, even though I will freely admit to being "outside the mainstream politically" and for that reason, struggle with what the average poll respondent is going to do or say, the fact is, every single person on a political message board of any kind, is outside the mainstream. And that includes those posting who consider themselves "political centrists". They may well be. But they are not average and they are representative of absolutely nobody.

If you actually care enough and can get worked up enough to spend your time posting about politics on a message board, you are by very definintion, outside of the mainstream. And you have about as much hope as I do of every predicting what the majority of average voters are going to do, think, or feel.

And that is why, even though I will freely admit to being "outside the mainstream politically" and for that reason, struggle with what the average poll respondent is going to do or say, the fact is, every single person on a political message board of any kind, is outside the mainstream. And that includes those posting who consider themselves "political centrists". They may well be. But they are not average and they are representative of absolutely nobody.

If you actually care enough and can get worked up enough to spend your time posting about politics on a message board, you are by very definintion, outside of the mainstream. And you have about as much hope as I do of every predicting what the majority of average voters are going to do, think, or feel.
I have this strange sensation of Deja Vu . . . .

:cof1:

Umm not really, by noticing what entertainment is hot, how big the guzzlers are that people buy, etc are good indicators of how people will respond to situations and persons.

If Masterpiece theatre and NOva became as hotly viewed as survivor and american idle, would that not tell you something ?

Umm not really, by noticing what entertainment is hot, how big the guzzlers are that people buy, etc are good indicators of how people will respond to situations and persons.

If Masterpiece theatre and NOva became as hotly viewed as survivor and american idle, would that not tell you something ?

Yes, that's true, it gives you some idea. But it doesn't translate into what's going to be important to the voter when they step into the booth, I think. If you read the exit polls, the most startling thing you find, is that people will list the things that they are for and against, and will have ended up voting for the candidate that is completely opposite on all those issues. It's amazing. They have no clue what policies the candidates have actually put forward! I couldn't believe it.

Any person on this board, even the ones that we might make fun of, or consider a dumbass, are far more informed than the average voter. And then, separating them even further; they care.

Darly , well the popularity of the "reality" shows, fascination with Paris, Brittany, etc, does tell me that most people are pretty much led by the media and soundbites. Whomever has the best ad campaign will probably win.
We elect the best marketed candidate, not the best candidate for the job.

How do you think we wound up with the Chimp ? TWICE!

Back