More Fiscally Responsible Republicans Opposing Auto Bailout

I buy American......have owned all three from the big 3........because I choose to support American companies and workers. It is part of a loyalty that I feel to GM, Chrysler and Ford. I have never bought a rice rocket or a weinermobile.

Was all this a ruse to make Bush look like the savior of the auto industry?

:dunno:

That's some savior:

DETROIT (AP) — General Motors Corp. says it will cut another 250,000 vehicles from its first-quarter production schedule by temporarily closing 21 factories across North America.

The move affects most plants in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Many will be shut down for the whole month of January.

Spokesman Tony Sapienza said normal production would be around 750,000 cars and trucks for the quarter.

GM and nearly all automakers who sell in the U.S. are mired in the worst sales slump in 26 years.

That's some savior:

given the glut of cars on the market, nothing was going to prevent something like this from happening. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you have more cars than you can sell right now, producing more next month isn't going to help. They have to get rid of inventory first.

A bailout of $50 billion to the auto makers wouldn't change that point.

given the glut of cars on the market, nothing was going to prevent something like this from happening. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you have more cars than you can sell right now, producing more next month isn't going to help. They have to get rid of inventory first.

A bailout of $50 billion to the auto makers wouldn't change that point.

You take the fun out of everything.

I like that no one will respond to the fact that because of the republicans blocked this, the taxpayers will now be WORSE off. I don't want a bailout either but if it comes down to money being given under oversight and just free money handed to them, I'll take the former.

Idealistic idiots like most in this thread don't understand that (or much of anything else)

I like that no one will respond to the fact that because of the republicans blocked this, the taxpayers will now be WORSE off. I don't want a bailout either but if it comes down to money being given under oversight and just free money handed to them, I'll take the former.

Idealistic idiots like most in this thread don't understand that (or much of anything else)
What makes you think Bush will sign it? He has shown more balls in his 2nd term and as a lame duck he has nothing to lose.

The oversight you talk about is Democrats imposing greener regulations while the unions balked at any reduction in cost per hour, how does that help the industry have a better chance at paying us back?

What makes you think Bush will sign it? He has shown more balls in his 2nd term and as a lame duck he has nothing to lose.

The oversight you talk about is Democrats imposing greener regulations while the unions balked at any reduction in cost per hour, how does that help the industry have a better chance at paying us back?

Mark my words. They will get their money. For free. Anyone could see that unless they have blinders on. The govt. is not going to let them fail. You are stupid if you think they would. Better to have congress have some oversight and make it a loan instead of a handout.

Yep he has spent even more money that we don't have in his second term than in his first one.

That takes balls ? You must think the dems have always had big balls.
:clink:

Back