Most people don't realize this...

Which is cool.

The thing of it is, it really won't be over, the dream he spoke of finally fulfilled, until it isn't such an event when somebody gets elected to office simply because of their pigmentation.

So much of an event that flaws and humanity of our new leader seems forgotten in the mythology of a newly elected officeholder. That speaking out becomes some sort of unspoken societal "evil".

You have not been one effected that way. That is a good thing, IMO.

As I often say, one of my civil rights heroes was conservative Republican Senator Everett Dirksen, without whom the republicans may have never signed the Civil Rights Act. He never got enough credit for his courage and it's a shame more African-Americans don't know his name.

I don't care about labels or the color of ones skin, only the character and actions of their conscience.

In spite of all that is wrong with George Bush, he has been one of the best presidents towards African policy in our history .. far better than the so-called "first black president" Bill Clinton, and I suspect better than the African-American we just elected will be who has roots in Africa.

Last edited:
As I often say, one of my civil rights heroes was conservative Republican Senator Everett Dirksen, without whom the republicans may have never signed the Civil Rights Act. ....
What the heck are you talking about? The Republicans sponsored all 5 civil rights acts in spite of Democrat opposition.

Back