My fear about McCain...

My point is that even scientists have faith... in science. You seem to think any sort of zealotry is fine as long as it isn't supernaturally based.

No, I seem to believe that scientists require facts, logic, and common sense, not faith to validate a guess, idea, or hypothesis.

Religion ONLY requires faith.

Are the words too big or sumptin'?

there is as much reason to believe in God as there is reason to believe in Big foot.

Oh wait we have pictures of big foot.

never mind

No, I seem to believe that scientists require facts, logic, and common sense, not faith to validate a guess, idea, or hypothesis.

Religion ONLY requires faith.

Are the words too big or sumptin'?

But facts and data are not enough to lead the everyday decisions we make and goals we create. Facts don't tell us what is the best way to live a life, or what is best. Facts don't even reveal these answers to scientists.

But facts and data are not enough to lead the everyday decisions we make and goals we create. Facts don't tell us what is the best way to live a life, or what is best. Facts don't even reveal these answers to scientists.

TOO easy.

Are you suggesting religion tells you the best way to lead your life ?????????????

Swaggart, Baker, Elmer Gantry.

More people have died in the name of religion than anything else.

Try common sense and get an education .. you'll do just fine.

TOO easy.

Are you suggesting religion tells you the best way to lead your life ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Swaggart, Baker, Elmer Gantry.

More people have died in the name of religion than anything else

It does offer a more complete vision than ... nothingness.

Except the millions who have died at the hands of anti-religious communist regimes.

It does offer a more complete vision than ... nothingness.

Except the millions who have died at the hands of anti-religious communist regimes.

Christian Americans just mass-murdered countless innocent people, children, and babies .. just because we could.

Please tell me some "pro-life" shit.

That bolded sentence is attempting to convince others that they should "fear" it too. Do you think I might be able to find other posts that might also be trying to convince others to "fear" this?

Whether he picks Huckabee, what you "fear" is nothing to fear. It is not any more likely to happen now than it was when Bush used the same tactics to bring that type of person to the polls. I do not fear it and have given valid reasons why nobody should. Even the fact that I do not think McCain would be so foolish as to choose Huckabee to be a VP on his ticket.

I belive this guy is embarrssing thats not trying to promote fear, you are stretching on this one.

Some of it was done under the guise of Christianity. Many of the pacific islands including HI for example.
We were bringing god to the heathens that did not even cover their breasts :shock:

None of the iraq war was done under the guise of christianity. Pay attention, annoying old man.

My fear about McCain is that he may have some insecurities about not appealing to the Religous Right and feel he has to choose Huckleberry as his VP.

This would really be an embarrassment to the United States and bring shame to the ideals of the founding fathers.

If he does choose Huckleberry Ill have to donate lots of $ to Senator Clinton or Obama and join the local campaign as a volunteer.

No it isn't.

"Faith" doesn't require facts, logic, or even common sense.

Science is not faith, and does require facts, logic, and common sense.
This is rubbish as well. Once again jumping from a probability curve to certainty is where the leap resides. Many are scientists who have faith, either of a Deity or in the certainty there is none.

The Scientific Process is not limited to those of either side of that particular leap of faith. Now, only believing what science "proves" will leave you with nothing to believe. The Scientific Process does not prove anything. It wasn't designed to prove things.

Ridiculous

Scientists actually do something.

Next time you have a life-threatening illness, call your pastor and have the ambulance drop you off at church.
Again, "doing something" isn't "proof" of rightness. Those in religion "do things" as well. Again, the idea that all people of faith, whether in the certainty of Deity or the certainty of no Deity, have no access to doctors or ability with the scientific process is inanity.

Irrespective of the label, christians did it.

Please recite some "pro-life" bullshit.

Are you saying you want to kill more babies? I love the Democratic Party. 120 years old and its still marvelously wicked. Andrew the Jackass would be proud with the continued carnage his abominable party continues to sow. If you can no longer kill the Indians and the slaves, why not the elderly and the infant?

This is rubbish as well. Once again jumping from a probability curve to certainty is where the leap resides. Many are scientists who have faith, either of a Deity or in the certainty there is none.

The Scientific Process is not limited to those of either side of that particular leap of faith. Now, only believing what science "proves" will leave you with nothing to believe. The Scientific Process does not prove anything. It wasn't designed to prove things.
And there in lies the difference. There is no test to disprove any religious thought. It can never be subject to the scientific method. Most Scientist hold certain theories to be sound because regardless of what tests are done to disprove them they don't get disproven. I would argue though that believers of string theory are the closest thing to a religion that science can get to.

And there in lies the difference. There is no test to disprove any religious thought. It can never be subject to the scientific method. Most Scientist hold certain theories to be sound because regardless of what tests are done to disprove them they don't get disproven. I would argue though that believers of string theory are the closest thing to a religion that science can get to.

I would say that abiogenesis and big bang have elements of that same, because they each require a leap of faith to get from an imagined point to a point we can agree is real.

Back