My first caucus

We're not talking about a primary, here. In the Democratic caucus it all goes to the bigwhigs. Because you have to yell out your choice of candidate, it's not like a secret ballot. The smallwhigs always get creamed.

We're not talking about a primary, here. In the Democratic caucus it all goes to the bigwhigs. Because you have to yell out your choice of candidate, it's not like a secret ballot. The smallwhigs always get creamed.

They should buy bigger whigs then. The Cypress mullet cuts still show through the small ones. :cool:

No you go to a corner of the room and stand with the others who are for your candidate.

If there are not enough of you to reach the minimium amount you then pick a different candidate.

Your nieghbors try to convince you over to their candidate.

No you go to a corner of the room and stand with the others who are for your candidate.

If there are not enough of you to reach the minimium amount you then pick a different candidate.

Your nieghbors try to convince you over to their candidate.

"Hey, you guys, the beer's over here in our corner! :clink:

I used the Primary to demonstrate the difference between numbers that show up to caucus as opposed to those that vote in a Primary and how Caucuses are basically designed to give the activist groups more sway in the party.

If you'll note I even mentioned that it is the very reason that I push people who are not solely religious conservatives to get to the caucuses so that the Primary candidates are not selected by only Evangelicals.

And I also mentioned that Iowa gets more to the caucuses than most states because of how they select the Presidential nominee.

Take what you will from it, the caucus results will be different in almost every case from the states that have Primaries.

Back