My hope for the future of the American Conservative Christian Church

Jarod

Contributor
If there is any justice, this photo depicts the future of the Conservative Christian Church.

They lie and harm the spirit. chur.jpg

Jarod's OP really deserves a groan. I notice it is time stamped just as my very conservative Christian congregation was assembling for morning services yesterday. My sermon yesterday morning would have been I welcomed in 90% of the "conservative" Christian religious places in this country as I talked about self proclaimed Christians who do not act like Christians and by doing so tarnish the name we are to uphold. My sermon last night would have really stepped on the toes of many who have eaten from the trough of liberalism as well as I used Proverbs 22:28 (Do not remove the ancient landmark Which your fathers have set.) and talked about what Jarod often celebrates; the moral decay that has taken place in our country because we have "removed landmarks" that we're never intended to be moved.

In a community of a couple hundred people, we had nearly 60 yesterday morning, with folks driving as far as 40 miles to be there morning and evening. The group of conservative Christians across the road has about 60 as well. I don't think our buildings will be looking like that for a while. But, sadly, that will be the end of all such buildings if the earth stands long enough.

Jarod's OP really deserves a groan. I notice it is time stamped just as my very conservative Christian congregation was assembling for morning services yesterday. My sermon yesterday morning would have been I welcomed in 90% of the "conservative" Christian religious places in this country as I talked about self proclaimed Christians who do not act like Christians and by doing so tarnish the name we are to uphold. My sermon last night would have really stepped on the toes of many who have eaten from the trough of liberalism as well as I used Proverbs 22:28 (Do not remove the ancient landmark Which your fathers have set.) and talked about what Jarod often celebrates; the moral decay that has taken place in our country because we have "removed landmarks" that we're never intended to be moved.

In a community of a couple hundred people, we had nearly 60 yesterday morning, with folks driving as far as 40 miles to be there morning and evening. The group of conservative Christians across the road has about 60 as well. I don't think our buildings will be looking like that for a while. But, sadly, that will be the end of all such buildings if the earth stands long enough.

Respectfully, and I don't know your teachings personally, but my current rage about the harm caused by Conservative Churches came from listening to a few sermons on the internet from a local church. Teaching about Evolution and simply lying from the pulpit. That type of behavior diminishes the true and loving message of Jesus Christ. If your preacher will lie about Evolution, he will lie about most things.

The message that the world is in steady decline and that there is nothing that can be done, because it is the result of the evil of mankind, and the message that the decline is Gods will and his punishment is soul destroying and simply untrue.

One of the outlandish statements was that if you consider that Moses was 900 years old plus... and the average man does not now live to 100, you can see what sin has caused, is simply stupid. Life expectancy has been steadily increasing since the industrial revolution, did God Change his mind? Is humankind finally turning away from sin?

The man argued that dinosaurs are really just something made up by the atheist evolution theorist who simply made evolution up to try to promote atheism, and destroy Christendom.

I am angered when I see the loving and forgiving message of Jesus Christ warped into a harmfully spirit destroying message of hate. Humans are loved by God/Christ. We are not spited by God/Christ. We are not being punished by God/Christ. In fact it is exactly the opposite, we are FORGIVEN and washed anew by God/Christ. We are given a new life, a second, third, fourth, fifth,... chance.

Fitting for this week... we are given RESURECTION. Be happy, be joyful, celebrate what God has created. We are not condemned, we are not singled out for punishment. We are loved regardless of our sin. Be not afraid, be heartened.

Respectfully, and I don't know your teachings personally, but my current rage about the harm caused by Conservative Churches came from listening to a few sermons on the internet from a local church. Teaching about Evolution and simply lying from the pulpit. That type of behavior diminishes the true and loving message of Jesus Christ. If your preacher will lie about Evolution, he will lie about most things.

The message that the world is in steady decline and that there is nothing that can be done, because it is the result of the evil of mankind, and the message that the decline is Gods will and his punishment is soul destroying and simply untrue.

One of the outlandish statements was that if you consider that Moses was 900 years old plus... and the average man does not now live to 100, you can see what sin has caused, is simply stupid. Life expectancy has been steadily increasing since the industrial revolution, did God Change his mind? Is humankind finally turning away from sin?

The man argued that dinosaurs are really just something made up by the atheist evolution theorist who simply made evolution up to try to promote atheism, and destroy Christendom.

I am angered when I see the loving and forgiving message of Jesus Christ warped into a harmfully spirit destroying message of hate. Humans are loved by God/Christ. We are not spited by God/Christ. We are not being punished by God/Christ. In fact it is exactly the opposite, we are FORGIVEN and washed anew by God/Christ. We are given a new life, a second, third, fourth, fifth,... chance.

Fitting for this week... we are given RESURECTION. Be happy, be joyful, celebrate what God has created. We are not condemned, we are not singled out for punishment. We are loved regardless of our sin. Be not afraid, be heartened.

Do you believe in Moral absolutes?

As one who grew up Baptist Christian here is what I think about the Christian conservative faith: homophobic, racist, and sexist. It was conservatives like the Westboro Baptist Church that protested at the funerals of our dead soldiers. It was conservatives like Harold Camping predicting the doom of the Earth. I don't care how long conservatives drive to your church, I can say without restraint or remorse that I hate every single conservative Christian's beliefs with passion and fierceness because I think the average conservative Christian makes the loving teachings of Jesus perverse and hateful. I would never step foot in your church even if Jesus himself asked me to. I wouldn't even piss on your church to put a fire out that is how much I hate conservative Christian philosophies.

I've had conservatives come up to me on the streets to preach to me and without disrespecting them I've kindly told conservatives I'm not interested and that I'm agnostic and I was told "you're a son of Satan and you'll burn in hell." Yes very passionate and loving philosophies of Jesus. If Jesus came to me and asked me "why did you turn away from me" I'll point to Christian schims and the various confusing philosophies of Christendom. I'll reference the Crusades and that rhetorical phrase "God wills it!" I'll point to the conservative Christians who stood by idle as many of my relatives were hung from trees or the multitude of humans shipped and docked on the shores of West Virginia in the 1600's. I'll point out the actions of the gunman who gunned down innocent Christians and Jews and defiantly yelled "Heil Hitler" as he was carted away in a police cruiser. No, I honestly and sincerely hate your faith.

As one who grew up Baptist Christian here is what I think about the Christian conservative faith: homophobic, racist, and sexist. It was conservatives like the Westboro Baptist Church that protested at the funerals of our dead soldiers. It was conservatives like Harold Camping predicting the doom of the Earth. I don't care how long conservatives drive to your church, I can say without restraint or remorse that I hate every single conservative Christian's beliefs with passion and fierceness because I think the average conservative Christian makes the loving teachings of Jesus perverse and hateful. I would never step foot in your church even if Jesus himself asked me to. I wouldn't even piss on your church to put a fire out that is how much I hate conservative Christian philosophies.

I've had conservatives come up to me on the streets to preach to me and without disrespecting them I've kindly told conservatives I'm not interested and that I'm agnostic and I was told "you're a son of Satan and you'll burn in hell." Yes very passionate and loving philosophies of Jesus. If Jesus came to me and asked me "why did you turn away from me" I'll point to Christian schims and the various confusing philosophies of Christendom. I'll reference the Crusades and that rhetorical phrase "God wills it!" I'll point to the conservative Christians who stood by idle as many of my relatives were hung from trees or the multitude of humans shipped and docked on the shores of West Virginia in the 1600's. I'll point out the actions of the gunman who gunned down innocent Christians and Jews and defiantly yelled "Heil Hitler" as he was carted away in a police cruiser. No, I honestly and sincerely hate your faith.

That is crap, Fred Phelps was a self proclaimed baptist preacher, who preached hate. I am Baptist and am not anything like what you posted. By the way when Jesus asks you and you answer that way what do you think will happen. There are no confusing philosophies af Christendom, there is only God's word and your adherence to it.

So if I came to your house and robbed you you would not mind?

Robbery is a crime in our society. Do you understand what a moral absolute is? If you came and robbed my house because your children are starving and you had no other means of getting food for them is it morally wrong?

If a man entered your home and threatened to kill your family is it morally right for you to shoot that person?

Robbery is a crime in our society. Do you understand what a moral absolute is? If you came and robbed my house because your children are starving and you had no other means of getting food for them is it morally wrong?

If a man entered your home and threatened to kill your family is it morally right for you to shoot that person?

With no moral absolutes, there is no right, or wrong, your argument is defeated. Yes I would be wrong to steal!

Yes I would be justified to kill the man trying to kill my family, my family was entrusted to me by God!

What on earth is a 'Conservative Christian'? It is a contradiction in terms. Jesus of the Tea Party? Jesus!

With no moral absolutes, there is no right, or wrong, your argument is defeated. Yes I would be wrong to steal!

Yes I would be justified to kill the man trying to kill my family, my family was entrusted to me by God!

There are rights and wrongs even if there are not moral absolutes.

A moral absolute says that lying, killing, stealing, etc., are wrong no matter the circumstances, so killing, if it is moral absolute is wrong under any circumstances.

I don't believe you understand the concept of moral absolutism.

Back