Names

domer76

Verified User
As I continue to learn more about the origins of Christianity in ancient Israel, a delicious irony struck me.

Because of his demands, one could not utter the name of Yahweh, the top dog of gods. So, other names, lots of them, were (and continue to be) substituted. In the printed Bible, LORD is one of those. I never knew that.

And the anti-LBGBT fundamentalists today bitch about others wanting to be called different pronouns? Here was the original “other pronoun”.

Priceless!

As I continue to learn more about the origins of Christianity in ancient Israel, a delicious irony struck me.

Because of his demands, one could not utter the name of Yahweh, the top dog of gods. So, other names, lots of them, were (and continue to be) substituted. In the printed Bible, LORD is one of those. I never knew that.

And the anti-LBGBT fundamentalists today bitch about others wanting to be called different pronouns? Here was the original “other pronoun”.

Priceless!
So you think God is equivalent to a tranny freak?

First they didn't say Gods name out of respect not because of his demands. Next God isn't delusional.

So you think God is equivalent to a tranny freak?

First they didn't say Gods name out of respect not because of his demands. Next God isn't delusional.
You anthropomorphize your god, not me.

“Don’t have any other gods than me!”
“Don’t misuse my name!”

So, in fear of accidentally fucking up when using his name, they just don’t use it at all.

You anthropomorphize your god, not me.

“Don’t have any other gods than me!”
“Don’t misuse my name!”

So, in fear of accidentally fucking up when using his name, they just don’t use it at all.
Glad we agree your tranny freak example is as ignorant.

Priceless!
???? A proper name is not a pronoun. A title is not a pronoun.

The whole premise of your thread is stupid.

as lib'ruls often say, people like to make God over into something just like themselves......
That’s exactly what people do. Since antiquity, gods have possessed all the attributes of humans. That includes body parts and human emotions.

Deny it all you wish, but your own Bible proves it.

God never created man in his image. Man created their gods in his.

That’s exactly what people do. Since antiquity, gods have possessed all the attributes of humans. That includes body parts and human emotions.

Deny it all you wish, but your own Bible proves it.

God never created man in his image. Man created their gods in his.
that's what atheists do.......

Priceless!
I learned something from this post. The most ignorant can learn something and still extrapolate idiocy.

Priceless!
The Regime is compelling and censoring speech.......which is tyrannical.

The Land of the Free was Old America....the one that was murdered.

I learned something from this post. The most ignorant can learn something and still extrapolate idiocy.
Can’t call him Yahweh, Jethro. Might violate the 2nd Commandment. Can’t have that, can we?

So, we just use a different word (could call it “pronoun”) don’t we? OK, fine. “I won’t refer to you as Yahweh if you don’t want me to, Yahweh.” Out of fear or out of respect, doesn’t matter.

That is, unless you’re a person you don’t like. Then, they don’t receive that same respect, to be called what they wish. Is that an uncomfortable truth for you?

domer......yourself.....every other atheist who lies about God.......
Your god was just a minor god in an entire council of deities. Your Bible has those footprints all over it. Man was created in “our” image. After they ate from the tree of knowledge, they would become “like us”. Psalm 82, as well.

Face it, fuckface. You can’t reconcile those facts, so you try to ignore them. You’re not alone, hypocrite. Your fellow Christians have been doing theological gymnastics since day one to fix their mythical fuckups.

Your god was just a minor god in an entire council of deities. Your Bible has those footprints all over it. Man was created in “our” image. After they ate from the tree of knowledge, they would become “like us”. Psalm 82, as well.

Face it, fuckface. You can’t reconcile those facts, so you try to ignore them. You’re not alone, hypocrite. Your fellow Christians have been doing theological gymnastics since day one to fix their mythical fuckups.
exactly the lies I was referring to........atheists are the most arrogant of believers.......at least the rest of us are honest enough to admit we have beliefs......you idiots pretend you have facts.........irrational "rationalists"......

Back