NBA Superteams - thoughts?

I love KD. Great, humble & extremely talented superstar.

Just can't get behind this decision. Waters down his legacy, and that of Steph Curry, too. What happened to superstars who wanted the challenge of taking the best down, instead of joining them?

I feel like the '16-'17 NBA season just became incredibly boring.

I love KD. Great, humble & extremely talented superstar.Just can't get behind this decision. Waters down his legacy, and that of Steph Curry, too. What happened to superstars who wanted the challenge of taking the best down, instead of joining them?I feel like the '16-'17 NBA season just became incredibly boring.
1) Fuck OKC
2) Durant was dragged there in the first place from a much better city
3) Fuck OKC
I am surprised he didn't land in LA, Houston, Portland, or a ton of other places besides Oakland. While it would appear that GS is guaranteed a win next season, all that matters to me is that KD left OKC, and the Thunder will now start to suck.

I love the fact that he is coming to Oakland-GO WARRIORS!!!! :)

The sad thing IMHO about the NBA is there are more teams than talent, some teams like the SactO Kings will never win a title in my life time...

The NFL has leveled the playing filed (must be commies) & you see lots of teams competing, not just the rich ones..

1) Fuck OKC
2) Durant was dragged there in the first place from a much better city
3) Fuck OKC
I am surprised he didn't land in LA, Houston, Portland, or a ton of other places besides Oakland. While it would appear that GS is guaranteed a win next season, all that matters to me is that KD left OKC, and the Thunder will now start to suck.

Well, if you don't like OKC, today is a good day. They'll probably trade Westbrook now, and it's not far-fetched to say that they might not be good again for many, many years.

The more I think about GS, the more I think they might not be as invincible as everyone thinks. They'll be great for sure, but they'll be a pretty small team, and much more offensive than defensive, which is great for regular season wins but can falter in the playoffs.

Should be interesting.

I love the fact that he is coming to Oakland-GO WARRIORS!!!! :)

The sad thing IMHO about the NBA is there are more teams than talent, some teams like the SactO Kings will never win a title in my life time...

The NFL has leveled the playing filed (must be commies) & you see lots of teams competing, not just the rich ones..

Which NFL poor team competes ?

GS was really just missing an elite forward such as Durant. Now that they have Curry and Thompson on the outside, they'll be pretty much unstoppable. I think that Bogut sucks, but Green can play the center position quite well, and should just convert to it fully, while combining his power forward skills.

Which NFL poor team competes ?

Poor is relative, billionaires are billionaires, right?? What I mean is rich/large markets w/ TV/Cable deals etc..

Indianapolis 29, Chicago 17
XLII Feb. 3, 2008 University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Ariz.) New York Giants 17, New England 14
XLIII Feb. 1, 2009 Raymond James Stadium (Tampa, Fla.) Pittsburgh Steelers 27, Arizona Cardinals 23
XLIV Feb. 7, 2010 Sun Life Stadium (Miami) New Orleans Saints 31, Indianapolis Colts 17
XLV Feb. 6, 2011 Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, Texas) Green Bay Packers 31, Pittsburgh Steelers 25
XLVI Feb. 5, 2012 Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis) New York Giants 21, New England Patriots 17
XLVII Feb. 3, 2013 Mercedes-Benz Superdome (New Orleans) Baltimore Ravens 34, San Francisco 49ers 31
XLVIII Feb. 2, 2014 MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, N.J.) Seattle Seahawks 43, Denver Broncos 8
XLIX Feb. 1, 2015 University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Ariz.) New England Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24
50 Feb. 7, 2016 Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, Calif.) Denver Broncos 24, Carolina Panthers 10
XLIII Feb. 1, 2009 Raymond James Stadium (Tampa, Fla.) Pittsburgh Steelers 27, Arizona Cardinals 23
XLIV Feb. 7, 2010 Sun Life Stadium (Miami) New Orleans Saints 31, Indianapolis Colts 17
XLV Feb. 6, 2011 Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, Texas) Green Bay Packers 31, Pittsburgh Steelers 25
XLVI Feb. 5, 2012 Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis) New York Giants 21, New England Patriots 17
XLVII Feb. 3, 2013 Mercedes-Benz Superdome (New Orleans) Baltimore Ravens 34, San Francisco 49ers 31
XLVIII Feb. 2, 2014 MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, N.J.) Seattle Seahawks 43, Denver Broncos 8
XLIX Feb. 1, 2015 University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Ariz.) New England Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24
50 Feb. 7, 2016 Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, Calif.) Denver Broncos 24, Carolina Panthers 10

Also the GB-Milwaukee market is tiny. The thing that makes the Packers big-ish is being the third oldest team in the NFL with the most championships. They benefit from a legacy and a national fan base.

Also the GB-Milwaukee market is tiny. The thing that makes the Packers big-ish is being the third oldest team in the NFL with the most championships. They benefit from a legacy and a national fan base.

No profit to protect
No stadium cost
Yes that national base sells a lot of cheese hats
I believe this is unique in major league sports.

I love how 3D hates OKC. Probably about as much as I dislike Seattle. Went there once by choice, the second time by force (had to attend a conference). Didn't leave anything there so I sure don't plan going back. It's a good thing places aren't all the same or some of us wouldn't have a place that we like in which to live. Takes all kinds to make a world. While the haters are right and the Thunder will be a sub-mediocre team for the foreseeable future, I wish the super-teams no luck going forward. Thunder fan or not I can't respect Durant's decision of jumping on an already loaded team. Typical millennial decision though.

Your feelings are understandable given your location but first & foremost, as you know, it is a business & ppl make decisions on what they want, & what they believe to be in their own "best interest"..

Hell, if I was a young man w/ his talent & given the op to play w/ some great players on a winning team I would jump @ the chance..

Back