NBA Superteams - thoughts?

No idea. Not sure why they would but it can't happen anymore, too much $ in play now.

I rarely watch any NFL any more but a while back I was reading about the public purchasing these stadiums for billionaires & I came across that.. That they didn't want this as it limited opportunities for teams to move & make more money, thus benefiting all teams..

The Green Bay Packers are the lone exception. Their "communal" ownership predates NFL rules and is unique not only in the NFL, but in all major American professional sports. The world-famous soccer club FC Barcelona of La Liga is owned in a similar fashion by fans of the team.

I love how 3D hates OKC. Probably about as much as I dislike Seattle. Went there once by choice, the second time by force (had to attend a conference). Didn't leave anything there so I sure don't plan going back. It's a good thing places aren't all the same or some of us wouldn't have a place that we like in which to live. Takes all kinds to make a world. While the haters are right and the Thunder will be a sub-mediocre team for the foreseeable future, I wish the super-teams no luck going forward. Thunder fan or not I can't respect Durant's decision of jumping on an already loaded team. Typical millennial decision though.

Yeah hypocrisy at its best
You jumped for joy when the team left Seattle
Typical Jesus freak

Yeah hypocrisy at its best
You jumped for joy when the team left Seattle
Typical Jesus freak

Yes, I was happy something I perceived as a good thing was coming to OKC. I had no idea who Kevin Durant was. Didn't matter, a pro team was going to now be within 3 1/2 hours of kids around here. I do not like basketball. Would much rather have had a baseball or football team. But kids...our kids...like the NBA. The fact that it turns out to be a successful NBA team was a bonus.

Kevin Durant is doing what his generation does. It's what high school kids are now doing, at all classes. Will try to post a link to an article I read concerning this later. I have nothing bad to say about him. I don't like the building of so called super-teams though. Imagine if Byrd and Johnson decided to both play in LA or Boston. It takes away from the competitiveness of the league, IMO. But it is what they do. It's business. I get it. My previous post was in response to the idea that somehow OKC doesn't deserve a championship team or a player of Durant's caliber. I disagree.

Yes, I was happy something I perceived as a good thing was coming to OKC. I had no idea who Kevin Durant was. Didn't matter, a pro team was going to now be within 3 1/2 hours of kids around here. I do not like basketball. Would much rather have had a baseball or football team. But kids...our kids...like the NBA. The fact that it turns out to be a successful NBA team was a bonus.

Kevin Durant is doing what his generation does. It's what high school kids are now doing, at all classes. Will try to post a link to an article I read concerning this later. I have nothing bad to say about him. I don't like the building of so called super-teams though. Imagine if Byrd and Johnson decided to both play in LA or Boston. It takes away from the competitiveness of the league, IMO. But it is what they do. It's business. I get it. My previous post was in response to the idea that somehow OKC doesn't deserve a championship team or a player of Durant's caliber. I disagree.

I don't think it is unique to this generation @ all.. Most players in the league play for several teams & have done so for years & years..

I agree it takes from the competitiveness of the league but that is secondary to the business aspect..

It really is about the money, as sad as that may sound to some~the love of the game is secondary & for many a mere slogan..

Back