Negatives about Obama.

Jarod

Contributor
I will be voting for Obama but here are my fears.

It seems to me he made some comments about meeting with forign leaders of nations we have problems with, that sounded nieve and smacked of inexperience.

I am also conserned about the pull out of Iraq immideatly at any cost plan.

Any thoughts?

I think that he needs to clarify about meeting with leaders.. for example.. osama bin ladin is not a leader but he is our enemy.. However - I totally agree with this method of world diplomacy.. this guys got the oration, brain, and charisma to become a VERY influential world diplomat that benefits us greatly in terms of foreign investment.

In terms of iraq.. we will not be pulling out. we will have a permanent base there for years to come. It doesn't matter who is elected.. Pulling out of the war zone and into the base is a different story.

It seems to me he made some comments about meeting with forign leaders of nations we have problems with, that sounded nieve and smacked of inexperience.

Any thoughts?

1) Diplomacy is for the naive and inexperienced. The serious experienced folks just blow shit up.

2) He doesn't have a "pull out of Iraq immediately at any cost plan" so you have nothing to worry about.

If taking steps to meet with and talk to foreign leaders America has a problem with is deemed naive then roll on naivety. Adopting staunch hard-line attitudes hasn't exactly had the world eager to follow America's lead.

I think that he needs to clarify about meeting with leaders.. for example.. osama bin ladin is not a leader but he is our enemy.. However - I totally agree with this method of world diplomacy.. this guys got the oration, brain, and charisma to become a VERY influential world diplomat that benefits us greatly in terms of foreign investment.

In terms of iraq.. we will not be pulling out. we will have a permanent base there for years to come. It doesn't matter who is elected.. Pulling out of the war zone and into the base is a different story.
Basically you are saying you are voting for Secretary of State then?

He is a very bright man. He will chose very capable people to help him.

I dont fear anything about President O. I feel more hopeful than I have for many years.

Any thoughts?

His comments about his wilingness to talk to anyone, any nation is the very reason that I and many Americans look forward to his presidency.

The notion that we shouldn't talk to anyone we don't approve of has proven to be a miserable, and quite frankly, a completely unintellectual failure of catostrophic proportions. How do you solve problems or gain better understandings if you don't talk to those with whom you disagree?

Obama is EXACTLY what America needs at this time and the world will give a tremendous sigh of relief if he becomes the president. American arrogance no loonger has to be tolerated by other nations and it would behove us to grow the fuck up and understand the world we live in.

We are not cowboys who rule the world, nor should we rule the world.

Getting out of Iraq is the only intelligent course of action and Americans have finally stopped listening to the bullshit about "dominoe effects" and "Al Queda."

We invaded Iraq to steal the oil .. pure and simple .. and the Iraqi people know that very well. We built the largest embassy on the planet in Baghdad because we never intended to leave.

With new developments in Cuba, Pakistan, Serbia to name a few, it's time we let intelligence, REAL INTELLIGENCE, speak for America.

Negatives about Obama.

His centrist, incrementalist economic, healthcare and trade policies. We need bold leadership in those areas.

I think he might be pretty good on civil rights, and on foreign policy.

Yeah, because presidents play no role in diplomacy efforts. It's not like they meet with foreign leaders or anything.

:rolleyes:
Not nearly as consistently as the Secretary of State whose job it is to do so.

If you want a Secretary of State find out who he is selecting for that position, he has too many other things to do to be able to singlehandedly fix diplomacy. When he speaks of "talking to leaders" he is speaking of sending teams in to do so. Who will they be?

If you want a Secretary of State find out who he is selecting for that position, he has too many other things to do to be able to singlehandedly fix diplomacy. When he speaks of "talking to leaders" he is speaking of sending teams in to do so. Who will they be?

The president gets to select the Secretary of State who will deliver his message and speak his thoughts.

Negatives about Obama.

His centrist, incrementalist economic, healthcare and trade policies. We need bold leadership in those areas.

I think he might be pretty good on civil rights, and on foreign policy.

he is going to be the president of America people.. not president of the republican agenda or the democrat agenda. IM glad we finally have someone who will be financially centrist.

That's a piss poor assertion. The US needs to amend a lot of broken relationships that the person you voted for broke. This is going to have to start at the top.

Although I guess if I were a Bush voter, I'd have to convince myself that the presidents job isn't to really meet with foreign leaders given Bush's track record.

The president gets to select the Secretary of State who will deliver his message and speak his thoughts.
That is what I said. Pay attention. I know you took the PHd Program at the Canadian Kid University of Miscomprehending Reading With Aforethought, but many here see through it too easily.

he is going to be the president of America people.. not president of the republican agenda or the democrat agenda. IM glad we finally have someone who will be financially centrist.
Yeah imagine actually having a president of the United States again rather than a president of the republican party or democratic party. How cool would that be.

That's a piss poor assertion. The US needs to amend a lot of broken relationships that the person you voted for broke. This is going to have to start at the top.

This is simply not understanding who does what job in the Administration.

Although I guess if I were a Bush voter, I'd have to convince myself that the presidents job isn't to really meet with foreign leaders given Bush's track record.

It was not a criticism, it was simply pointing out that the vast majority of the diplomacy will be handled by the Secretary of State regardless of who is elected. Who will he select as Secretary of State? Because that is who will be doing what he promises.

I will trust that Obama would never rub the shoulders of the new German Premier.

1) He's a plagiarist; politicians are supposed to write every word of their own speeches, without any outside input.
2) He's not "electable" in a general election (or, another way of saying it: he's black)
3) He's terrified of debating more than 20 times
4) He can actually string words together in an inspiring way, which is too much for the country to digest after 8 years of Bush
5) Not only did he smoke pot, but he inhaled it, as well. It's the inhaling part that really damns you, in this instance.

Back