Netanyahu: Israel responsible for deadly attack on aid workers

Guno צְבִי;5948733 said:
Netanyahu has to go, now. The people of Israel are getting fed up

from the Intel failure of Oct 7th ,now this

https://news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-israel-responsible-deadly-attack-124617407.html
We were discussing this in October. You seemed to think that 'when this was over' Bibi is gone.

Bibi can never have this over. He's the Israeli version of trump.

That said, the Israeli army seems to have a large contingent of rogue actors. They shoot innocents who are either waving white flags, or walking with their hands up. I don't believe it matters what their mission might be. They're going to murder anyone who gets in their way.

In the middle of a war zone / battlefield shit happens and people die. That's what happens in wars.

Looking at the photos of the strike and the dead aid workers, I'd note they were wearing all black clothing and body armor. Not a good choice on their part.
What makes you think the murderers saw what the victims were wearing?

What makes you think the murderers saw what the victims were wearing?

The IDF report released today admitted their people didn't follow ROE, but they also were also under the belief that they were following Hamas terrorists.

I don't know what their ROE was, but the report mentioned they'd update it.

So? If you look at it, most of that decal is WHITE like the car, and the only easily identifiable thing on it at a distance would be the orangeish frying pan. The lettering is all pale blue. It's also only on top of the vehicle. If the firing aircraft were at very low altitude, it wouldn't be looking at the roof.

Using "pop up" munitions, the missile would approach low to the ground in a flat trajectory then in the terminal stage climb and then dive into the top of the target like it did. That's done to attack hardened targets like tanks where the roof of the vehicle is the thinnest armor.

4-1.webp

Israeli Merkava tanks with overhead protection to prevent pop up missile attacks

What you are saying is whatever I tell you, you will say it does not matter. You will not believe it or accept it. You argue the vehicle was not properly marked. When I show you it was, you say it was not good enough. To be honest, nothing will be good enough. You are not trying to reach the truth, but in your way, trying to win. This is how you work on this board.

The IDF report released today admitted their people didn't follow ROE, but they also were also under the belief that they were following Hamas terrorists.

I don't know what their ROE was, but the report mentioned they'd update it.
It seems some in the IDF are just winging it. How else do you gun down children and families who are either waving white flags, or putting their hands up?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/26/midd...claimed,raising questions about those efforts.

What you are saying is whatever I tell you, you will say it does not matter. You will not believe it or accept it. You argue the vehicle was not properly marked. When I show you it was, you say it was not good enough. To be honest, nothing will be good enough. You are not trying to reach the truth, but in your way, trying to win. This is how you work on this board.
Ironically, he's wrong over 90% of the time

It seems some in the IDF are just winging it. How else do you gun down children and families who are either waving white flags, or putting their hands up?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/26/midd...claimed,raising questions about those efforts.

Yes, it appears that the IDF, at least in some instances, has sunk to Palestinian levels. Sad.

Part of the problem is that Bibi, like Putin, allowed his military to degenerate from a lack of funding and complacency. Young, ill-trained soldiers with high powered weapons dropped into a warzone were there could be a terrorist hiding in any crowd or from every window is a recipe for "Friendly Fire" problems. The shooting of their own hostages is proof of this opinion.

FWIW, in a mass of people mixed with armed Hamas terrorists it's possible that some of those shootings were actually intended for the Hamas terrorists but the ill-trained soldiers couldn't hit what they were shooting at.

Yes, it appears that the IDF, at least in some instances, has sunk to Palestinian levels. Sad.

Part of the problem is that Bibi, like Putin, allowed his military to degenerate from a lack of funding and complacency. Young, ill-trained soldiers with high powered weapons dropped into a warzone were there could be a terrorist hiding in any crowd or from every window is a recipe for "Friendly Fire" problems. The shooting of their own hostages is proof of this opinion.

FWIW, in a mass of people mixed with armed Hamas terrorists it's possible that some of those shootings were actually intended for the Hamas terrorists but the ill-trained soldiers couldn't hit what they were shooting at.
All valid points.

In a society where everyone is required to serve (unless you are Haredi) in the military, it makes sense that there will be a good % of soldiers who are incompetent.

My buddy used to tell me that the Marines preferred those who weren't drafted.

Bibi knows that he will be in prison the moment this disaster ends, so he will keep it up as long as he can.

Sounds very familiar, except trump is waging war on his own soil.

All valid points.

In a society where everyone is required to serve (unless you are Haredi) in the military, it makes sense that there will be a good % of soldiers who are incompetent.

Bibi knows that he will be in prison the moment this disaster ends, so he will keep it up as long as he can.

Agreed. Most, I suspect, are reservists called up after the mass murders on October 7th.

Agreed it's always better to work with those who prefer to be there. :)

I doubt Bibi will go to prison, unless it's for embezzling money or some other financial abuse of office. Still, I readily agree his days in leadership are over.

Agreed on the comparison.

I doubt Bibi will go to prison, unless it's for embezzling money or some other financial abuse of office. Still, I readily agree his days in leadership are over.
Proof that his ploy to keep the Gaza issue front and center is working. Many either forgot, or never knew about Bibi's legal issues.

He's got a lot of problems for years now, and has (like trump) been working to take control of the courts in an effort to avoid prison. Before Oct. 7 the nation wanted him gone.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I believe Bibi was happy on Oct 8.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-netanyahu-corruption-trial-courts-4e18ed8f34e65707bd47e37696da4705

Proof that his ploy to keep the Gaza issue front and center is working. Many either forgot, or never knew about Bibi's legal issues.

He's got a lot of problems for years now, and has (like trump) been working to take control of the courts in an effort to avoid prison. Before Oct. 7 the nation wanted him gone.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I believe Bibi was happy on Oct 8.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-netanyahu-corruption-trial-courts-4e18ed8f34e65707bd47e37696da4705
No doubt the war in Gaza works to Bibi's favor. While I strongly doubt he can pull the wool of Israeli citizen's eyes by unnecessarily prolonging the war, if there is a toss-up decision to be made, I have no doubt he'd choose whatever works in his favor and not his nation's.

Maybe on October 8th, but it also revealed the weaknesses in the IDF and Israeli intelligence, both of which were his responsibility.

All valid points.

I object to his use of the word Palestinians instead of Hamas.

I object to his use of the word Palestinians instead of Hamas.
DD is slowly evolving. In the early days he called for leveling all of Gaza, but blood lust was common after the horrific attack by Hamas. Many incorrectly apply blame to all Palestinians for 'electing' Hamas. Ironically, by those who elected Bush.

At this late date, to infer that all Palestinians are the enemy is simply incorrect. It's clear that Netanyahu's long term plan is to wipe out all Palestinians and build luxury condos in Palestine.

DD is slowly evolving. In the early days he called for leveling all of Gaza, but blood lust was common after the horrific attack by Hamas. Many incorrectly apply blame to all Palestinians for 'electing' Hamas. Ironically, by those who elected Bush.

At this late date, to infer that all Palestinians are the enemy is simply incorrect. It's clear that Netanyahu's long term plan is to wipe out all Palestinians and build luxury condos in Palestine.

he's devolving into mutant sludge from what I can gather.

but diversity is our strength I guess.
:truestory:

Good idea. The Palestinians have had 75 fricking years but all they could build were tunnels rats and plot the deaths of innocent Israelis. Sad.

Back