New here...old elsewhere.

if i did not say welcome, welcome :clink:
Thank you. I'll drink to that.

Welcome to the board new person!
Thank you. I am an old person...new to this board. I'll try to keep up.

Are your from Dixie? ...named Dixie? ...aware that Dixie is God's country? I went to high school with a nifty Dixie.

Single malts are overrated. You can get better flavors and notes from a proper blend.
There are some good blends. Single malts are better (to me). Tastes differ...thankfully. Among the single malt drinkers, there are those that actually like Lagavulin. I do not. That's why we have chocolate and vanilla.

There, you should be able to edit now. As well as add sigs and other things you couldn't before...
Thank you. I could have waited for the 15th post. I am a patient man. I simply would have been more careful in placing the fingers and proofreading before clicking the Submit Replay button.

There, you should be able to edit now. As well as add sigs and other things you couldn't before...
Thanks for the minute of your time. :)

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐;590442 said:
person isn't new
Thank you for being astute. I was a student once and learned to be astute...as you appear to be. Are you really astute? Can you parse letters? Do you communicate with emoticons often?:cof1:

Last edited:
Thank you. I am an old person...new to this board. I'll try to keep up.

Are your from Dixie? ...named Dixie? ...aware that Dixie is God's country? I went to high school with a nifty Dixie.

You'll do just fine, don't let the pinheads bother you, they don't know how to act because their parents never disciplined.

I am from Dixie, and I am aware it's God's Country! My name is not Dixie, I am a male and most people named Dixie are female, although the University of Alabama had a famous running back in the early 1900s named "Dixie Howell." I am a huge Crimson Tide fan, and I once owned a web domain for Alabama Football, called "Dixie's Football Pride" This is where I began using the moniker Dixie... later, I discovered that the name seems to bring out the hidden prejudice and bigotry in some, who have an ignorant understanding of what the Civil War was about. I had two relatives who fought and died under the Confederate flag, and I fly it in my avatar in their honor. To me and my family, that flag has never represented anything other than our homeland and what our forefathers gave their lives for.... and that WASN'T slavery.

You'll do just fine, don't let the pinheads bother you, they don't know how to act because their parents never disciplined.

I am from Dixie, and I am aware it's God's Country! My name is not Dixie, I am a male and most people named Dixie are female, although the University of Alabama had a famous running back in the early 1900s named "Dixie Howell." I am a huge Crimson Tide fan, and I once owned a web domain for Alabama Football, called "Dixie's Football Pride" This is where I began using the moniker Dixie... later, I discovered that the name seems to bring out the hidden prejudice and bigotry in some, who have an ignorant understanding of what the Civil War was about. I had two relatives who fought and died under the Confederate flag, and I fly it in my avatar in their honor. To me and my family, that flag has never represented anything other than our homeland and what our forefathers gave their lives for.... and that WASN'T slavery.

You ain't jes' whistlin' Dixie there, bro.

The Confederate Battle Flag was tarnished by the KKK, leaving a stain on the South that has generated untold misunderstanding about the real people of the South. We have the best people, the best food, the best women, the most sincerity in our hospitality, the best weather, the best hunting and the best football teams in the country. I would not seriously think of living anywhere else but in D I X I E ! ! !

Do you remember when Georgia Tech beat Alabubba 7 to 6 on national TV after Alabubba had won 19 games in a row?...Grant Field...Atlanta, Georgia...early '60s?

I was there. It was great!

The Confederate Battle Flag was tarnished by the KKK, leaving a stain on the South that has generated untold misunderstanding about the real people of the South. We have the best people, the best food, the best women, the most sincerity in our hospitality, the best weather, the best hunting and the best football teams in the country. I would not seriously think of living anywhere else but in D I X I E ! ! !

Do you remember when Georgia Tech beat Alabubba 7 to 6 on national TV after Alabubba had won 19 games in a row?...Grant Field...Atlanta, Georgia...early '60s?

Grits, possum, roadkill and poke salad, a sumptous feast indeed.

Yes, I do remember that... I was visiting my cousins in Macon at the time, we watched it on TV... My cousins were big Georgia fans and hated Ga. Tech, so they were rooting for Bama that day, I thought that was cool because we were usually at odds.

Grits, possum, roadkill and poke salad, a sumptous feast indeed.

Grits? I have them about once a week.
Possum? Never ate a possum... closest I came was Squirrel.
Roadkill? Does it count if you hit a deer and put it in the freezer?
Poke Salad? Haven't had it in a while, pretty good with some eggs, but I can live without it.

Poke Salad? Haven't had it in a while, pretty good with some eggs, but I can live without it.

Grits with a little butter and 2 slices of garden fresh tomato salt and pepper...yummmmmmmmmmm!

If you are extolling the virtues of Southern cuisine, it would help if you gave a few examples of your own. Nothing wrong with venison though, assuming that it is from a young deer.

Last edited:
Very well...

Turnip greens, fried okra, black-eyed peas, cornbread, fired green tomatoes, sawmill gravy and biscuits, red-eye gravy and biscuits, just plain biscuits...

Southern Food is aka: Soul Food!

Biscuits mean something different in the UK, it comes from the French and means twice cooked, what you call a biscuit is called a scone over here. Okra is a staple of Indian cuisine typically in the form of Bhindi Baaji, which is usually a starter in Indian restaurants.

Just for fun, ask Dixie to explain 1/3.

Back