New Member; Please Critique My Views!

mudd_dawg22

Warriors in 4!
Hello Everyone,

Heard of this site from a friend, checked it out and decided I wanted to be a part of the group.

Throwing it out there now, my views, figured it would be a good way to be intiatiated, plus I have never really discussed my views with anyone before and I am interested in hearing other points of views, both those for and against my views, I am open to changing my mind on things because I do not claim to be the know all, that was the main reason I wanted to join, so that I can be better informed on issues.:

• Trump Sucks - too self absorbed, beliefs are flawed, leadership abilities are very poor and he embarrases the country he represents.
  • Hillary Sucks - ran for the wrong reasons, would have been better than Trump though. I hope we do have a female president within the next 25 years, it would be great for the country. I am thankful it was not her though.
  • Humans contribute to global warming, i am not a scientist but i believe the majority of scientist saying we contribute to it.
  • The student debt situation sucks, college is too expensive however if people do not want to pay for it there is a great solution. Enlist in the military, do 4 years and you get your degree paid for. (I am not a recruiter) The situation we are in is not the best, but instead of expecting everyone to pay for your degree, make a sacrifice, give back to your country and you will be in return given that free college degree you are protesting for.
  • Guns are good
  • Taxes are good, we should all pay and no one should get a tax return. (that is coming from a guy with two young kids and a stay at home wife who got a 7k check this year!). I think of being apart of this country as being a part of a big "small town" and we all need to pay our HOA dues. Even if I do not have kids going to the public school, I still am happy paying taxes for that school to be successful because those kids are going to grow up and being members of my community. I want to live around smart, hard working people, not uneducated low lifes. As well I believe we should take care of the older folks in our society and social security and health care is important and a right.
  • Globalism is a fact of life, there is no going back. We had the entire pie back after WWII because everyone else was rebuilding. Now everyone else has recovered and other countries have turned into industrial socities (China/India). It is impossible for us to ever have the whole pie to ourselves again. Thus we need to focus on improving the education levels of our citizens so that we can be the ones leading the innovations and leadership roles of the future.
  • Free speech is good
  • There is no God
  • Idea for solving Middle East: Prove god is not real, educate everyone in the world, including women in the Middle East that God is not real, hence Islam and all other God based religions are fake. Over a couple hundred years that will become the common belief and thus the reason they are fighting will end. It is a long ass game plan but since they have been fighting for a couple thousand years, a hundred year solution is pretty good IMO.

Not crazy about "guns are good," can't find any way to justify 30,000+ gun deaths a year, 9,000+ guy homicides a year, and the Second Amendment's prefatory clause reads, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," so until someone can define what the Founders meant by that the later section isn't relevant

I totally disagree on the "there is no God," and to think people are going to give up religion is totally naive, it's not the religion, it is what a few do with that religion

Not crazy about "guns are good," can't find any way to justify 30,000+ gun deaths a year, 9,000+ guy homicides a year, and the Second Amendment's prefatory clause reads, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," so until someone can define what the Founders meant by that the later section isn't relevant

I totally disagree on the "there is no God," and to think people are going to give up religion is totally naive, it's not the religion, it is what a few do with that religion

Not sure he means that. It was a simple statement of atheism. I can justify the gun death numbers by pointing out that we would still have insanely high gun death numbers if we decided to amuse ourselves by banning guns.

Obviously, he's FOS about taxes, and I don't really care about global warming.

Not sure he means that. It was a simple statement of atheism. I can justify the gun death numbers by pointing out that we would still have insanely high gun death numbers if we decided to amuse ourselves by banning guns.

Obviously, he's FOS about taxes, and I don't really care about global warming.

Disagree totally on the same number of violent homicides without the guns, nothing could be easier when you got a beef with the boss than to grab the weapon in the closet and shoot up the office

According the Pew, 20k out of the 30k were suicides, so considering 60k died from overdoses last year, 10k is very attainable without legal guns because there will still be guns around even when they are outlawed.

Disagree totally on the same number of violent homicides without the guns, nothing could be easier when you got a beef with the boss than to grab the weapon in the closet and shoot up the office

Sounds like you have very deep seated personal problems and you probably should seek professional help, before you act on your impulses. :palm:

Lern 2 Reed. Just as with his atheist comment, I did not say that the insanely high numbers would be equally as high as they are at present. OTOH, there would be a lot of pissed-off (real) Americans who aren't angry right now, and, as you said, "weapon in the closet..."

Lern 2 Reed. Just as with his atheist comment, I did not say that the insanely high numbers would be equally as high as they are at present. OTOH, there would be a lot of pissed-off (real) Americans who aren't angry right now, and, as you said, "weapon in the closet..."

Learn too spell. :palm:

People gave up believing in Mayan sacrifices, the Greek gods, believing the universe revolved around the Earth, that the Earth is flat (eddie bravo doesnt count). All of those were pretty instilled into people and yet science prevailed and is now most of those are commonly thought to be bogus. I think 100-200 years (ie: 4-6 generations) it is totally possible to change minds. Especially with AI coming on board, those bots are going to insist religion is fake!

Nice avatar
profilepic6875_1.gif

Where, if I may ask, have you posted before??

Hello Everyone,

Heard of this site from a friend, checked it out and decided I wanted to be a part of the group.

Throwing it out there now, my views, figured it would be a good way to be intiatiated, plus I have never really discussed my views with anyone before and I am interested in hearing other points of views, both those for and against my views, I am open to changing my mind on things because I do not claim to be the know all, that was the main reason I wanted to join, so that I can be better informed on issues.:

• Trump Sucks - too self absorbed, beliefs are flawed, leadership abilities are very poor and he embarrases the country he represents.
  • Hillary Sucks - ran for the wrong reasons, would have been better than Trump though. I hope we do have a female president within the next 25 years, it would be great for the country. I am thankful it was not her though.
  • Humans contribute to global warming, i am not a scientist but i believe the majority of scientist saying we contribute to it.
  • The student debt situation sucks, college is too expensive however if people do not want to pay for it there is a great solution. Enlist in the military, do 4 years and you get your degree paid for. (I am not a recruiter) The situation we are in is not the best, but instead of expecting everyone to pay for your degree, make a sacrifice, give back to your country and you will be in return given that free college degree you are protesting for.
  • Guns are good
  • Taxes are good, we should all pay and no one should get a tax return. (that is coming from a guy with two young kids and a stay at home wife who got a 7k check this year!). I think of being apart of this country as being a part of a big "small town" and we all need to pay our HOA dues. Even if I do not have kids going to the public school, I still am happy paying taxes for that school to be successful because those kids are going to grow up and being members of my community. I want to live around smart, hard working people, not uneducated low lifes. As well I believe we should take care of the older folks in our society and social security and health care is important and a right.
  • Globalism is a fact of life, there is no going back. We had the entire pie back after WWII because everyone else was rebuilding. Now everyone else has recovered and other countries have turned into industrial socities (China/India). It is impossible for us to ever have the whole pie to ourselves again. Thus we need to focus on improving the education levels of our citizens so that we can be the ones leading the innovations and leadership roles of the future.
  • Free speech is good
  • There is no God
  • Idea for solving Middle East: Prove god is not real, educate everyone in the world, including women in the Middle East that God is not real, hence Islam and all other God based religions are fake. Over a couple hundred years that will become the common belief and thus the reason they are fighting will end. It is a long ass game plan but since they have been fighting for a couple thousand years, a hundred year solution is pretty good IMO.

pretty reasonable EXCEPT:

if Hilary is BAD you must state why

its likely you have bought into republicans and Russians lies about her

I agree there is no god

You cant NEVER force people to believe there is no god.

a certain level of the human populations brains are wired to believe in god like themes

its science

forcing people to NOT BELIEVE no matter how based in science and fact non belief is it is inhuman to try and force others into this.

Last edited:
Back