New Pasta Recipe

And fresh pasta is so easy to make...
As for sauce combinations? I think I'll add prosciutto to the spinach and mushroom cream that Mott described...or maybe sundried tomatoes
Artichoke and gorgonzola.... wonderful, as well...

And fresh pasta is so easy to make...
As for sauce combinations? I think I'll add prosciutto to the spinach and mushroom cream that Mott described...or maybe sundried tomatoes
Artichoke and gorgonzola.... wonderful, as well...

Translation Franco American over hot dogs

That's a perfect meal for this kind of weather...do you ever make Sunday Sauce (gravy) and Braised Italian beef/meatballs? Another good cold weather meal and worth all the work!
I have a base recipe that I can share, but it's one of those make it your own recipes, if you know what I mean...
so what are you calling your mushroom/marscapone creation? It sounds delicious!
(If you haven't tried this, put it on your list of must make for 2018... North Market for duck fat. Potatoes, fry...just saying)

Oh definitely. Everyone should have an Italian gravy recipe in their repertoire. The problem for me is it makes enough for a small army and I rarely have a small army to feed.

Sometimes I make a pasta dish with whole wheat noodles, three types of shrooms, clams, shredded baby spinach, and a light garlic-wine sauce. It's filling w/o being heavy like a lot of pasta dishes can be.

Oh definitely. Everyone should have an Italian gravy recipe in their repertoire. The problem for me is it makes enough for a small army and I rarely have a small army to feed.

Gravy? Gravy you say... There are two kinds of gravy according to my dad...three if you count Thanksgiving. Grease and flour gravy (sounds gross, I know), roast gravy and giblets gravy (only to be served with chicken or turkey and dressing with a small bit of cranberry salad on the side). ;)

On the serious side, Mott, I understand the “small army” reference. It has taken me years to get to where I can make 4 biscuits and 2 cups of gravy for my boy and me...the wife doesn’t like the combination. Actually she doesn’t like gravy of any kind.

Gravy? Gravy you say... There are two kinds of gravy according to my dad...three if you count Thanksgiving. Grease and flour gravy (sounds gross, I know), roast gravy and giblets gravy (only to be served with chicken or turkey and dressing with a small bit of cranberry salad on the side). ;)

On the serious side, Mott, I understand the “small army” reference. It has taken me years to get to where I can make 4 biscuits and 2 cups of gravy for my boy and me...the wife doesn’t like the combination. Actually she doesn’t like gravy of any kind.
You should YouTube Italian Gravy recipe. As Top said it’s pretty flexible and it’s a great, relatively inexpensive, way to feed a lot of people.

You should YouTube Italian Gravy recipe. As Top said it’s pretty flexible and it’s a great, relatively inexpensive, way to feed a lot of people.

I actually have a recipe I use for Italian gravy. I take it to pot licks at work and church on occasion. Good stuff. I usually take prepared spaghetti squash and/or angel hair pasta with it.

Back