New Republican Leader

I guess I believe that some of the are willing to do that, but not enough of them to nominate Rudy. Ok, I'm out of the mainstream politically, but not as a woman. A woman, is a woman. And I cannot see women finding out the details about this guy, and being able to vote for him. I'm telling you, I couldn't pull the lever for Howard Dean (whom I too really like), if he had that in his very recent past. A divorce is one thing (who cares). Even cheating, is one thing. Having NO respect for your wife and degrading her in public like that (not to mention your children), treating her (or any woman) as if she was yesterday's garbage, well, that's another thing again. So hopefully, you are right. I think you probably are.

There's not a woman I know...IF THEY GET THE COMPLETE DETAILS of the way he treated Donna, that will vote for Rudy.

There's not a woman I know...IF THEY GET THE COMPLETE DETAILS of the way he treated Donna, that will vote for Rudy.

I just don't see the Fox News and MSNBC's of the world, putting Rudy's marriages under the microscope to the same degree they put the Clinton marriage under the microscope.

I just don't see the Fox News and MSNBC's of the world, putting Rudy's marriages under the microscope to the same degree they put the Clinton marriage under the microscope.

Absolutely not. In fact, were he a dem, the dirty details of his pubic affair and divorce would already be on all of the talk shows. That's the liberal media for you. Obsessed with the sex lives of Democrats, and Democrats only.

But, if he continues to lead the primary field, a Republican is going to do the dirty work that is necessary here. I think. They'll have to. McCain has some of the dirtiest bastards to ever foul the political process on his payroll. So, my money is on him doing the dirty deed, while Romney, if he's smart, sits back. Then, in the end, people don't want a President who is over 70, and women don't want a dirty dog, and that leaves Romney sitting very pretty.

The vast majority of the nation watches the regular news over any of the cable stations. I would however bet that MSNBC and CNN would cover it with relish and that ads would be all over all the stations informing everybody of them from nice little groups like moveon.org, it is silly to pretend that because FOX supposedly would never report something that nobody, except the special elite consisting of your friends and the 2 other people who watch something other than FOX would get the news.

Even if FOX refused to carry any information on it, people would know.

Absolutely not. In fact, were he a dem, the dirty details of his pubic affair and divorce would already be on all of the talk shows. That's the liberal media for you. Obsessed with the sex lives of Democrats, and Democrats only.

But, if he continues to lead the primary field, a Republican is going to do the dirty work that is necessary here. I think. They'll have to. McCain has some of the dirtiest bastards to ever foul the political process on his payroll. So, my money is on him doing the dirty deed, while Romney, if he's smart, sits back. Then, in the end, people don't want a President who is over 70, and women don't want a dirty dog, and that leaves Romney sitting very pretty.
Or Hagel depending on how the new war strategy pans out. If it is successful I think he'll have a shot at the nomination. I think many of those who say they'd never vote for a Mormon would end up voting for him regardless..

If the war continues to progress poorly, or in fact gets worse, I think that no war supporter has a shot and Hagel will have a legitimate chance that he doesn't have now.

Much leans on the new strategy of actually going after enemies where they are and instead of leaving after securing an area staying to keep the peace. If it doesn't work as spectacularly as the previous plan didn't then Hagel stands more than a chance of getting the nod.

“I am going to be focused on my golf for the next, well really I don’t even know for the next how long, but definitely over the next bunch of years,” he said. “So I’m not going to have time to, even if I wanted to, be in the campaign.”

This is my favorite passage. What normal person says they are going to be too busy over the "next bunch of years" unless they really want nothing to do with you. It will definitely be interesting if he gets the nod. Particularly when the same politicians and commentators that lambasted Clinton will be supporting him.

I just hope the democrats are smart enough to exploit the situation and malign him as much as possible. It will almost be like taking candy from a baby.

Well they get fired for picking on cons.....

Romney... Well I don't think most people think the second coming of Christ will happen in Missouri....

Well, if he didn't know why would it matter and an annulment means he wasn't married doesn't it?

I was sure he was right. It just sounds funny so I wanted a link. The foibles of leadership always is amusing to me. One benefit for Giuliani is he didn't spend time worrying about Clinton's penis...
Not quite. An annulment is a religious matter. It would still be a divorce as a matter of civil record.

You see what I mean?

Where else you gonna get, insightful, deep political analysis of issues and candidates that could match this? I mean, I've never heard anyone make this observation before. Gold, pure gold.

What was it that somebody said on another thread. I know they feel threatened when they start bringing up the "private life"...

Well, it was something like that. Most in the R party already know about the guy's past. It seems that at this moment they don't particularly care. But remember, last primary for Rs at this time McCain held a "commanding" lead over Bush who was somehow getting all the money.

Yes like Republicans bring up a BJ :)

Right, but it was religious people who were supposedly supposed to be upset with him over it.
But his church said there was no marriage, so he should be in the clear with the religious types on the first marriage...

I said I know they feel threatened when they start making up silly slogans with the canidates names... Like Slick Willie... or Obama-Osama, and when they start making up illrelevant stories about who the grand-parents of a canidate were.

I said I know they feel threatened when they start making up silly slogans with the canidates names... Like Slick Willie... or Obama-Osama, and when they start making up illrelevant stories about who the grand-parents of a canidate were.
Like Bush? I think I read stories about Preston Bush..... In fact I know I did.

Like Bush? I think I read stories about Preston Bush..... In fact I know I did.

Yup, exactly like Bush.

He was always a threat, he had the money, the name reconition and the orginization. He was always a real threat. He even won an election.

Back