New Rule Forbidding Banning

Here’s how to deal with it

Start a thread of the same or near same title

Answer their remarks in your own thread while quoting their idiot thread

It makes them look real weak

Thanks. Yeah, I've actually done that a couple of times, against Earl's one thought threads.

This is about Earl's bans; he was doing it when I came here. Evading debate on a site intended for debate is exactly the point.

Maybe Damo needs to create a subforum called The Excessive Thread Ban Safe House, for tender buttercups like pEarl. Any massive threads posted elsewhere just get deleted.

That being said, I often thread-ban certain trolls and obsessed stalkers like TDAK, Primavera, CO/goat, etc.

Thanks. Yeah, I've actually done that a couple of times, against Earl's one thought threads.

I have buried such threads and massively embarrassed posters this way

It’s cathartic

It also highlights how stupid it is to allow idiots to ban most of the site and offer a discussion topic

Checked how?

I support identifying cowardice 100%. A good way to identify the cowards, losers, liars and pedophiles is to let them identify themselves, then educate the rest of the forum on why they are not to be trusted.

Jus' sayin'. :thup:

PS, FWIW, threads like this help educate why those what ban others out of political disagreement and simple dislike are cowards. :)

I am NOT! :rofl2:

I have buried such threads and massively embarrassed posters this way

It’s cathartic

It also highlights how stupid it is to allow idiots to ban most of the site and offer a discussion topic
Ending up with a higher number of posters participating is a good form of revenge. Agreed, bury them with truth on another thread.

I dont always follow the rule myself, in part because I have gotten so little support for it, but I have long called for a community shunning of all threads with more than five threadbans.

I dont believe threadbanning should be allowed at all, but surely five is enough, more than that proves the lack of willingness to allow a fair fight.

I dont always follow the rule myself, in part because I have gotten so little support for it, but I have long called for a community shunning of all threads with more than five threadbans.

I dont believe threadbanning should be allowed at all, but surely five is enough, more than that proves the lack of willingness to allow a fair fight.

No, you haven't called for that. Almost all of your JPP posts are on your toxic girlfriend's thread, where far more than a mere "five" are thread-banned. You GossipGrrlGang members are so pathetically hypocritical. :laugh:

I dont always follow the rule myself, in part because I have gotten so little support for it, but I have long called for a community shunning of all threads with more than five threadbans.....

The discussion here is more about persuading Damo to set a limit. Five is a reasonable number. I'd also recommend limiting threads-starts containing threadbans to two per day.

As pointed out in a previous post, threads with high threadban counts die quickly and clog up the forum...possibly in violation of Rule #13's "self-moderation" clause.

Let's be adults here.

floridafan's penis does not exist.....
Rule #13 is becoming my favorite rule. :thup:

73z43o.jpg

The discussion here is more about persuading Damo to set a limit. Five is a reasonable number. I'd also recommend limiting threads-starts containing threadbans to two per day.

As pointed out in a previous post, threads with high threadban counts die quickly and clog up the forum...possibly in violation of Rule #13's "self-moderation" clause.

Let's be adults here.

Do you know for a fact that vBulletin allows this?

Before we call on Damo to do something perhaps we should find out if it is possible.

Dude, this forum is designed exactly for these types of questions. Why are you so reluctant to "call on Damo"?

Or do you think Damo is too stupid to know the answer since it's his forum and he's the one who has been working the software for over a decade?

73z5zy.jpg

Dude, this forum is designed exactly for these types of questions. Why are you so reluctant to "call on Damo"?

Or do you think Damo is too stupid to know the answer since it's his forum and he's the one who has been working the software for over a decade?

73z5zy.jpg

Before you ask someone to do something you have an obligation to find out if they can do it. At this point you should be asking Damo "Benevolent Dictator, do you have the ability to limit thread bans?" and then if he says yes you could ask him to do it.

There is a process that honorable people use.

Back