NEWSFLASH: libertarians and free marketeers have not been running the country

That's exactly right. The so called "free marketers" at the moment want to privatize profits but socialize losses.

BULLSHIT!!

The free market types are the ones against it. Hardcore liberals like Pelosi and Frank and Dodd and Bush are shoving it down the publics throat even though they are strongly against it. Where do you people come from and what are you watching?

BULLSHIT!!

The free market types are the ones against it. Hardcore liberals like Pelosi and Frank and Dodd and Bush are shoving it down the publics throat even though they are strongly against it. Where do you people come from and what are you watching?

Excuse me but what have you been watching? Most of this so called "Free Market" rhetoric has been coming out of wall street for year via the WSJ and now that the greedy bastards got their tit in a ringer their all for government intervention to bail their stupid asses out.

I'm all for letting their stupid asses go bankrupt and out of business.

Problem is you be sinking our boat with theirs. The principle blame for this belongs with this Republican administration being asleep at the wheel and not intervening to stop this silly business before it became a disaster. We've known about this mortgage crisis for 2 years now and they've done nothing.

Man you're a partisan hack. GSE's, phoney 1% interest rates, Community Re-investment, tax breaks for 1st time homeowners. No resposibility there huh? Also, the past two years have been controled by the Dems. Frank and Dodd were too busy lining their pockets to warn anyone ay?

Man you're a partisan hack. GSE's, phoney 1% interest rates, Community Re-investment, tax breaks for 1st time homeowners. No resposibility there huh? Also, the past two years have been controled by the Dems. Frank and Dodd were too busy lining their pockets to warn anyone ay?

You're wrong. Congress has oversight authority. Regulatory, i.e. enforcement, is the responsibility of the administrative branch and not only has this administration not modernized securities regulation they haven't enforced existing regulation. So the blame mostly belongs to the administration in the "Buck Stops Here" sense.

Though if you want to debate, "There's blame enough to go around" I'd certainly back you on that.

Joeseph Stiglez, Nobel Prize winner and lefty is against the current package. He said we'd be better off having better unemployment insurance during the downturn and let prices stabilize. That way you actually take care of "main street".

Volker, Greenspan, and Bernanke vs. Stiglez.

Also, you'd have to not understand Austrian economics and not been paying attention to their predictions to not see they have been dead on in this issue for the past decade.

Austrian economists were calling for contracting the money supply during the great depression when bank after bank was falling over on itself. They have been utterly discredited for almost one hundred years, and they are not economists or scientists. No one should ever take any word they say seriously.

Back