No assault rifles for any citizens except cops and military...

I dunno how much guns helped save the disaster caused by Katrina, the Tsunami in Southeast Asia or the earthquakes in China...

Smells like a load of shit...

CK

I guess that depends on whether or not looters threatened you. Or whether or not someon was shooting at you, like what happened in New Orleans after Katrina.

And I did not say I would help STOP the disastor. Just that people like me might save your life in some disastor.

If you did a massive blanket ban on all guns nationwide with harsh sentences and Orwellian patrolling I'm sure you'd see a drop in crimes of passion and such.

But banning assault rifles isn't going to make a shit worth of difference.

Also, if you will look at the places in the USA where the violent crimes are the most common, you will see that places with less restrictive gun laws have lower violent crime rates.

But you're comparing urban vs. rural areas, which is far more ridiculous than comparing various similar developed countries. Also, people in cities can always just go to the country to get guns and they're never going to get caught with them. I'm not saying that we need to ban guns but your points simply don't fly.

But you're comparing urban vs. rural areas, which is far more ridiculous than comparing various similar developed countries. Also, people in cities can always just go to the country to get guns and they're never going to get caught with them. I'm not saying that we need to ban guns but your points simply don't fly.

No, I am saying that STATES with the strictest gun laws have some of the highest violence rates PER CAPITA.

For example, Florida adopted a right-to-carry law in 1987. People predicted that violent crime would go way up.

When the law went into effect, the Dade County Police began a program to record all arrest and non arrest incidents involving concealed carry licensees. Between September of 1987 and August of 1992, Dade County recorded 4 crimes committed by licensees with firearms. None of these crimes resulted in an injury. The record keeping program was abandoned in 1992 because there were not enough incidents to justify tracking them.

Between 1987 and 1996 these changes occurred:

In Florida the homicide rate decreased by 36%, while the national homicide rate decreased by 0.4%.

In Florida the firearm homicide rate decreased by 37%, while the national firearm homicide rate increased by 15%.

None of this seems to matter to people bent on disarming the population.

But CK, you might want to reconsider your position on this. If you want to make the civilian population less dangerous, leaving hunters with their non-assault weapons is probably a mistake. I can guarantee most deer hunters are far more dangerous with a bolt action rifle than the average gangbanger with an AK47 or a Glock.

No, I am saying that STATES with the strictest gun laws have some of the highest violence rates PER CAPITA.

For example, Florida adopted a right-to-carry law in 1987. People predicted that violent crime would go way up.

When the law went into effect, the Dade County Police began a program to record all arrest and non arrest incidents involving concealed carry licensees. Between September of 1987 and August of 1992, Dade County recorded 4 crimes committed by licensees with firearms. None of these crimes resulted in an injury. The record keeping program was abandoned in 1992 because there were not enough incidents to justify tracking them.

Between 1987 and 1996 these changes occurred:

In Florida the homicide rate decreased by 36%, while the national homicide rate decreased by 0.4%.

In Florida the firearm homicide rate decreased by 37%, while the national firearm homicide rate increased by 15%.

Crime in NEARLY ALL places nationwide dropped dramatically in the 90's, regardless of the policies in place.

Crime in NEARLY ALL places nationwide dropped dramatically in the 90's, regardless of the policies in place.

I think the difference between 36% and 0.4% shows a significant difference.

I also think that the states with the less restrictive gun laws having lower crime rates per capita is significant.

They also don't have such large urban populations.

Really?

Florida had a murder rate per 100,000 of 6.2 in 2006, and 6.6 in 2007.

Maryland has a murder rate per 100,000 of 9.7 in 2006 and 9.8 in 2007.

Dems try to go gun grabbing they will be out in 2011 elections. some shit your just gonna have to accept if you wanna stay in power.

Dems try to go gun grabbing they will be out in 2011 elections. some shit your just gonna have to accept if you wanna stay in power.

Yeah they did not have enough control when the VA Tech massacre happened.

But now if an assination attempt or successful on obama happens the gun nuts will cut their throats.

Remember the brady bill ? And that was a Republican.

But now if an assination attempt or successful on obama happens the gun nuts will cut their throats.

I dont mind if they make you get licensed first but lately MA has been uping the fee in an effect to deter people from buying. Its a penalty for wanting your right.

Yep

Out in the country is is mostly kinfolks and marital murders.
Country folks apparently do not like to kill strangers.

The bill was passed by democrats and signed by a democratic president. Most republicans were against it.

The bill was passed by democrats and signed by a democratic president. Most republicans were against it.

Didn't republicans have control of at least one house ?

I am not really sure. Just saying what will be one of the effects of an attempt or murder of Obama.

Then there will be the riots of course.

Did you read about the Obama murder plot in TN that they broke up already ?

I get the replacement justices on the SCOTUS that Obama will appoint and I will vote republican if the Dems try that same bullshit Assault Weapon ban and gun control. Guarentee

Back