NO GAS IN ATLANTA

I found what appears to be the last gas station with premium last night and filled up to the tune of 80 dollars .. and you're right, one would think they wouldn't miss this opportunity to gouge the hell out of drivers, many of whom would pay 5 or 6 dollars a gallon just to get home.

Some people are following tanker trucks. I just saw a convoy of about 30 cars following a tanker truck.

Incredible

smart.

I'll keep that in mind if gas shortages come up our way.

Hijack the tanker trunk and take it for free.

Oreo33-mad-max-2-04.jpg

APPROVES!

I drive on Atlanta interstates. The only difference between that and the Road Warrior is the haircuts.

Well......that an the fact the cars move.

That darned beltway and north end sucks. I worked for a year or so up around the north end.

I just go into combat mode everytime I drive in Atlanta.

Garbage. I work in the heart of midtown. I haven't missed any days due to 'no gas,' and it's not becuase I live close by. My daily dive is in excess of an hour.

I ride MARTA whenever I can. (MARTA = Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta. I feel like a marshmallow in the cocoa!)

Last edited:
Garbage. I work in the heart of midtown. I haven't missed any days due to 'no gas,' and it's not becuase I live close by. My daily dive is in excess of an hour.

I ride MARTA whenever I can. (MARTA = Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta. I feel like a marshmallow in the cocoa!)

"Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta" .. that's funny.

If you're driving through Atlanta this week there is no way you aren't affected by the gas shortage .. unless you're floating through like the perverbial marshmallow. :)

To the geniuses who profess that this is somehow all because liberals/democrats won't drill our way out of this ...

eia_new3.gif

Impacts of Increased Access to Oil and Natural Gas Resources in the Lower 48 Federal Outer Continental Shelf

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030. Leasing would begin no sooner than 2012, and production would not be expected to start before 2017. Total domestic production of crude oil from 2012 through 2030 in the OCS access case is projected to be 1.6 percent higher than in the reference case, and 3 percent higher in 2030 alone, at 5.6 million barrels per day. For the lower 48 OCS, annual crude oil production in 2030 is projected to be 7 percent higher—2.4 million barrels per day in the OCS access case compared with 2.2 million barrels per day in the reference case (Figure 20). Because oil prices are determined on the international market, however, any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant.

Similarly, lower 48 natural gas production is not projected to increase substantially by 2030 as a result of increased access to the OCS. Cumulatively, lower 48 natural gas production from 2012 through 2030 is projected to be 1.8 percent higher in the OCS access case than in the reference case. Production levels in the OCS access case are projected at 19.0 trillion cubic feet in 2030, a 3-percent increase over the reference case projection of 18.4 trillion cubic feet. However, natural gas production from the lower 48 offshore in 2030 is projected to be 18 percent (590 billion cubic feet) higher in the OCS access case (Figure 21). In 2030, the OCS access case projects a decrease of $0.13 in the average wellhead price of natural gas (2005 dollars per thousand cubic feet), a decrease of 250 billion cubic feet in imports of liquefied natural gas, and an increase of 360 billion cubic feet in natural gas consumption relative to the reference case projections. In addition, despite the increase in production from previously restricted areas after 2012, total natural gas production from the lower 48 OCS is projected generally to decline after 2020.

Although a significant volume of undiscovered, technically recoverable oil and natural gas resources is added in the OCS access case, conversion of those resources to production would require both time and money. In addition, the average field size in the Pacific and Atlantic regions tends to be smaller than the average in the Gulf of Mexico, implying that a significant portion of the additional resource would not be economically attractive to develop at the reference case prices.

The quick and dirty is the report deflates most of the arguments for drilling in the areas that were under a federal moratorium—mostly off the coasts of California and Florida. Doing so would increase oil production only by 200,000 barrels of oil a day, or just about 1 percent of the country's daily consumption. Furthermore, that level of production won't kick in until 2017 and will never have any impact on oil prices.

Think again genius.

Back