Nobel-prize winning economist Paul Krugman - Deficits and the future

I've never heard a Classical Liberal consider himself a Neo Liberal, I've never heard the term used to describe them except by the other side. One report you dug up doesn't mean jack shit, reality and how it's used in the real world does.

I've never heard a Classical Liberal consider himself a Neo Liberal, I've never heard the term used to describe them except by the other side. One report you dug up doesn't mean jack shit, reality and how it's used in the real world does.

I wouldn't consider Paine a neoliberal. Neoliberal is used to refer to the liberals that merged with the right, lost respect for human dignity and any sense of what their predecessors actually meant with the term "liberal", and just started putting out right wing policies minus the monarchism.

Neo-Libs are not the newfangled term for Classical Liberal. Neo-Libs is used to describe that group that cannot even fathom why another person may want to seek any solution for any issue that didn't involve government intervention.

They are like Neo-Cons in the whole government intervention thing.

Government is the sole definer of things like "marriage" for both the Neo-Libs and the Neo-Cons. Sane people understand that marriage doesn't have anything to do with the government and the government should just butt out and recognize contracts between adults.

The one thing that really defines "Neo" in current political lexicon is the common thread of government control.

Neo-Libs are not the newfangled term for Classical Liberal. Neo-Libs is used to describe that group that cannot even fathom why another person may want to seek any solution for any issue that didn't involve government intervention.

They are like Neo-Cons in the whole government intervention thing.

Government is the sole definer of things like "marriage" for both the Neo-Libs and the Neo-Cons. Sane people understand that marriage doesn't have anything to do with the government and the government should just butt out and recognize contracts between adults.

The one thing that really defines "Neo" in current political lexicon is the common thread of government control.

Milton Friedman and Frederick Hayek are generally considered neoliberals, although they're called this by their opposition in a deragotory manner. It's a little ironic that "neoliberal" and "neoconservative" both refer to right wing ideologies, IMHO. But a neoliberal is not what you've just described.

Not much difference between Neoconservatism and Neoliberalism.., both are Globalist and both appear to have Totalitarian agenda's.

What's wrong with globalism? It's the opposite of totalitarianism.

Globalism is the extension of totalitarianism, actually.

Globalism is the destruction of local protections for people against the whims of international corporations and banks.

I can go into further detail on this if you're interested. Or you can continue on with maldefined notions of things.

I know, what Water is saying doesn't make sense. The term "neo-liberal" means "New Liberal".

Milton Friedman and Frederick Hayek are generally considered neoliberals, although they're called this by their opposition in a deragotory manner. It's a little ironic that "neoliberal" and "neoconservative" both refer to right wing ideologies, IMHO. But a neoliberal is not what you've just described.
Maybe when Friedman was contemporary the term meant what you say here, but today, in the current lexicon, it doesn't mean what you want it to mean. Even if your Social Studies teacher said it does. Social Studies teachers still think "Voodoo Economics" is current, because their book says so.

Maybe when Friedman was contemporary the term meant what you say here, but today, in the current lexicon, it doesn't mean what you want it to mean. Even if your Social Studies teacher said it does. Social Studies teachers still think "Voodoo Economics" is current, because their book says so.

We don't have social studies in college.

Neoliberal refers to certain right-wing liberal economic theories, such as monetarism and the Austrian school.

I know, what Water is saying doesn't make sense. The term "neo-liberal" means "New Liberal".

It means a resurgence of an older movement. It means they are trying to "reconstruct" old classical "liberal" economic theories.

IE neo-nazi's are nazi's in the present day, not a reformed kind of nazi.

It means a resurgence of an older movement. It means they are trying to "reconstruct" old classical "liberal" economic theories.

IE neo-nazi's are nazi's in the present day, not a reformed kind of nazi.

So the same thing for Neo Cons then ? Just a resurgance of the old republicans ? I figured that all along :)

Back