Not enough Muslims? More are on the way..

Well there was a strong belief in secularism in the Islamic world before the Islamic fundamentalist revival around the seventies. Turkey, for instance, is hugely muslim but was founded as a secular republic, and still is so today. Nasser, also, was a secularist. However, the fundamentalist revival was incredibly succesful and probably has majorities in every muslim nation. But the secular period from the 20's tell the 70's shows that, in proper conditions, Muslims can embrace secular republicanism.

Yes. And since our CIA loves totalitarianism, they strengthened the radicals, preferring the certainty of totalitarianism over the chaos of freedom.

Well there was a strong belief in secularism in the Islamic world before the Islamic fundamentalist revival around the seventies. Turkey, for instance, is hugely muslim but was founded as a secular republic, and still is so today. Nasser, also, was a secularist. However, the fundamentalist revival was incredibly succesful and probably has majorities in every muslim nation. But the secular period from the 20's tell the 70's shows that, in proper conditions, Muslims can embrace secular republicanism.

Arab-nationalism and Pan-Islamism are two radically different ideologies, they just happen to both use the West, and particularly the US, as a whipping boy.

Arab-nationalism and Pan-Islamism are two radically different ideologies, they just happen to both use the West, and particularly the US, as a whipping boy.

and that could have nothing to do with how we have treated them in the past can it? Both long past and recent past.

The usa has a long history of treating non caucasions very fairly. Blacks, Hawians,and Native Americans to name a few.

There have been Muslims in Detroit area for decades and no problems. They tend to be religious and conservative. I rather a family of them next door than a family of liberal Democrats.

There is a muslim mosque just outside of my hometown in eastern KY.

Who woulda thunk it.

No problems from them that I have heard of.

Perhaps we need more muslims in the USA to help offset the Christian and jewish influence in our govt.

There is a muslim mosque just outside of my hometown in eastern KY.

Who woulda thunk it.

No problems from them that I have heard of.

Perhaps we need more muslims in the USA to help offset the Christian and jewish influence in our govt.

No. More insane theocrats is not the answer.

But he is a racist. The obvious question to Bravo is, so what if they are muslim? Why would that be an issue?

Islam is a terrorist ideology. According to islam, muslims are to live in a country that is guided by the tenets of islam, and they are to make it an islamic country if it is not so.

IslamoNazi Terror it's called.

and that could have nothing to do with how we have treated them in the past can it? Both long past and recent past.

The usa has a long history of treating non caucasions very fairly. Blacks, Hawians,and Native Americans to name a few.

No. It does have nothing to do with what you mention. Thank you for clarifying. Both ideologies were in full force before WWI, and before the US was even a major player on the world stage.

If anything, it was a response to European imperialism.

Islam is a terrorist ideology. According to islam, muslims are to live in a country that is guided by the tenets of islam, and they are to make it an islamic country if it is not so.

IslamoNazi Terror it's called.

You make an interesting argument but only from the standpoint of how to you argue with someone who is insane?

I don't know much about Nasser and Egypt, but Turkey only became the way it is because of the anomoly of Kemal Attaturk, who came to power and sought to modernize Turkey and make it competitive the way it had been until the 19th Century. No one expected he would do the things he did when he came to power.

When the Muslims have political power gay marriage will be Constitutionally banned. I see eye to eye more with Muslims than I do Liberals.

Back