Now Holyrollers into your medical exams

robdastud

Sandwiched between a swimming pool store and a spice shop on Lee Highway in Fairfax, the Tepeyac Family Center looks like any other suburban doctor's office. But it isn't.

The practice combines "the best of modern medicine with the healing presence of Jesus Christ," a brochure at the reception desk announces. An image of the Madonna greets every patient. Doctors, nurses and staff gather to pray each day before the first appointments

"This is a way that some of us have found to practice medicine that is consistent with our beliefs," said Kathleen M. Raviele of the Catholic Medical Association, which, along with groups such as the American Association of Pro Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists, promotes natural family planning.

"It's definitely a new trend, and it's a refreshing trend," said Theresa Notare of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which has workers in at least half its dioceses trying to enlist more doctors to open such practices. "This is a trend that we should be excited to see grow."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14576677/

so glad i don't live in VA. but adam, your one state south, maybe you can get a plan up there...

I wish I had thought of it. You can make big bucks taking advantage of the uber-religious.

Yep damo, I wonder how many different translations of the bible are being sold now ? Nothing in the bible stores is in any way cheap either. I guess slavation does not come cheap.
And the only time Jesus got pissed was running the money changers away from the temple. wonder what he would think now ?

I was being fascetious. These people believe they are getting the best of both worlds. Let them.

Seems to me these people are choosing the Drs based on what they believe. Nothing wrong with that as long as it is not illegal.

If you are opposed to abortion and the killing of children it is nice to have a Dr who won't do them.

Actually Damo, you are right. I'm thinking about starting a Jesus line of apparell: Righteous Duds.

If that goes well, I start an islamic line: Neaveau Jihad.

Beaded burqua's are coming back in style. Mark my words.

I wouldn't go to one of these clinics but won't begrudge someone who wants to. The doctor my wife uses is a religious man. He was treating one of my firend's aunts and when it was apparent that she wasn't going to make it (she was very old), knowing that the family was also religious he suggested having a prayer, not necessarily for a miraculous healing but for comfort. The family was extremely pleased and comforted by this gesture. This is the norm for several of the doctors around here.

The article was refering to a clinic of obstetricians-gynecologists, now I don't know if these are the Drs that preform abortions or not but they are not Primary Care Drs are they?

BTW what happened to you post of a few days ago that you would no longer call Christians Hollyrollers? That didn't last long! LOL

It wouldn't hurt to hire a priest to actually bless the water.

yeah. That would be the idea. You'd get some priest to come in once or twice a day to say a little prayer over all you're bottled water. Hmmmm

Holistic medicine ? No problems from me as long as the patients are of legal age to make their own decisions. However prohibiting children from getting a life saving blood transfusion or the like because of religious reasons is just plain wrong, and I consider it manslaughter if the child dies because of it.

Back