Nuclear Energy Good for Iran, Bad for the US

It's main effect will be to lower carbon emissions and the cost of power.

It has never worked out to be as cheap as advertised in the past.

I remember that song from when nuke power plants were first being built.

Where does fuel come from anyway? Would Nigeria become a nuclear Iraq?

I don't think you would want to amortize the cost of the nuke plants for too long.
~
The ultimate available uranium is believed to be sufficient for at least the next 85 years[38] although some studies indicate underinvestment in the late twentieth century may produce supply problems in the 21st century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium#Supply

Seems to be just another short term solution.

Right. A stopgap solution until we figure out how to do fusion well. Hydroelectric and wind power are great technologies that are truly ideal, but they are limited to certain areas. Areas should use the non-carbon producing power source that is most economical in their area. If that means fission plants until fusion comes along, then so be it. I'm an environmentalist that fully supports nuclear power.

Also, it would do to build a few nuclear power plants in the northwest, so that we can destroy some of the hydros that are driving the salmon population extinct.

Last edited:
the UN is a consortium of nations. Although I do not think any one country should have absolute veto power.
More like a democracy than a dictatorship.
The UN, as a consortium of nations, has decided that Iran should not possess nuclear technology. Obama appears to be attempting to usurp that mandate.

I don't think you would want to amortize the cost of the nuke plants for too long.
~
The ultimate available uranium is believed to be sufficient for at least the next 85 years[38] although some studies indicate underinvestment in the late twentieth century may produce supply problems in the 21st century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium#Supply

Seems to be just another short term solution.
Totally ignores future mines not yet discovered as well as fuel reprocessing technology. *shrug*

unlike many of my fellow liberals, I am fully supportive of new technology nuclear power generation. I think America should actively explore all new energy technologies, including nukes.

unlike many of my fellow liberals, I am fully supportive of new technology nuclear power generation. I think America should actively explore all new energy technologies, including nukes.

And most of your fellow libtards are for technology as long as they can't see a windmill near their sailing clubs.

But you like Ted Kennedy more.
He can't vote for windmills, nor can he explain why their cost to benefit ratio is still negative. But if one were running on the Democratic ticket, he'd vote for it. Especially if it was disguised as a yellow dog.

Back