Obama and distancing himself frow Rev. Wright

Obama needs a distraction to get this Blackkk bigot off his back. It's time to take one for the team! I'm going to kill the president and the vice president...

I'll give him credit, he did begin to address the extent of how offending the remarks where, but sadly Obama still side stepped the racial remarks to a great extent.

Okay, while I was out I was able to hear and see the Obama remarks from today.

Basically what he said was that, gosh and golly I just didn't know and am totally shocked!

I don't think people will believe him. It will be very difficult to believe that he didn't know what this guy was about after a generation in his church.

Basically what he said was that, gosh and golly I just didn't know and am totally shocked!

I don't think people will believe him. It will be very difficult to believe that he didn't know what this guy was about after a generation in his church.

For five years, they believed that George w bush was honest and trustworthy.

Today, they believe that John McCain is the most fiscially responsible candidate running.

So, who are you kidding?

I'll give him credit, he did begin to address the extent of how offending the remarks where, but sadly Obama still side stepped the racial remarks to a great extent.

Good news WRL! I heard he's going to re-enslave black people, bring back Chinese coolies, and declare us white people to be the master race in response!

Happy yet? :clink:

God is that idiotic; that wasn't the tone of the remarks at all.

How stupid.

God is that idiotic; that wasn't the tone of the remarks at all.

How stupid.
The "tone" of the remarks do not take away what was said.

"I was outraged"...

The question many Americans will ask, and he will be totally unable to answer, is "He didn't say anything at all new, why are you 'suddenly' outraged?"

Seriously.

I know many of you take my words as somebody who 'hates' this guy, but that isn't true. I am quite literally going by what I heard, and the immediate thought of what other people may think of what he had to say. "What took you so long?" (simplifying here)...

The "tone" of the remarks do not take away what was said.

"I was outraged"...

The question many Americans will ask, and he will be totally unable to answer, is "He didn't say anything at all new, why are you 'suddenly' outraged?"

Seriously.

I know many of you take my words as somebody who 'hates' this guy, but that isn't true. I am quite literally going by what I heard, and the immediate thought of what other people may think of what he had to say. "What took you so long?" (simplifying here)...

I think he was genuinely pissed off for 2 reasons: that Wright kept implying he was a "typical politician," and that Wright would go out & have a press outing like that, knowing what it would do to Obama's campaign. He said as much in the remarks.

As for his comments on the specific remarks themselves, they echoed what he said about those kinds of remarks when the controversy first broke a month ago.

It's never going to be enough for some people, and frankly, I feel kind of bad for people who continue to focus on this & still want more from Obama.

I think he was genuinely pissed off for 2 reasons: that Wright kept implying he was a "typical politician," and that Wright would go out & have a press outing like that, knowing what it would do to Obama's campaign. He said as much in the remarks.

As for his comments on the specific remarks themselves, they echoed what he said about those kinds of remarks when the controversy first broke a month ago.

It's never going to be enough for some people, and frankly, I feel kind of bad for people who continue to focus on this & still want more from Obama.
Again, the remarks didn't change. He is "suddenly" outraged enough to do this?

And he is a typical politician, he did this because this was the way the wind was blowing. (And IMO, he did this because they believed he could after Wright put on such a display without getting the Black Community mad for dissing an 'uncle').

It appears contrived. That Obamaholics won't take any criticism of the man who wants to be President notwithstanding, it behooves the American people to find out who he is.

"Again, the remarks didn't change. He is "suddenly" outraged enough to do this?"

It's like you missed what I wrote entirely. I really don't want to repeat it.

"Again, the remarks didn't change. He is "suddenly" outraged enough to do this?"

It's like you missed what I wrote entirely. I really don't want to repeat it.
Yes, you continue to repeat, "He was really mad, and was outraged earlier..."

Except he wasn't, he could "no more deny this man than he could deny his grandma". Nothing at all changed in the remarks between then and now, it is quite a "sudden" outrage that appears to be faux. He appears more "angry" to me that the guy wouldn't open the can of STFU that was sent. I'd believe that one, if I didn't think that Wright and Obama spoke about this a year ago, as noted in the Times interview with Wright.

I will also note that Obama disagreed with you about 4 days ago on the importance of this issue.

The whole, "He couldn't know what the guy preached!" stuff is wickedly funny. I don't attend the church and I know what the man says. He listed it off me me plain as day.

"Yes, you continue to repeat, "He was really mad, and was outraged earlier..."

Are you retarded? That isn't what I wrote. Try reading my post again.

Note, repeating "he was really mad"...

And "he was outraged before"...

Notice, I was succinct, but accurate, in my assessment of the remarks.

The reality is, Obama himself said this was a legitimate issue, about 4 days ago.

Knowing about the candidate does involve this kind of thing, even if you don't want it to.

That's a shame. It has more to do with a comprehension issue, then.

Can't help you.
You can't comprehend your own posts? Now you are being disingenuous about what you have said. I quoted the whole of the post and showed it said exactly what I stated.

You can't comprehend your own posts? Now you are being disingenuous about what you have said. I quoted the whole of the post and showed it said exactly what I stated.

No, you didn't. You showed your interpretation of the remarks, which is not at all what was meant by the words in their entirety.

My whole point was that I thought his anger was real (and people behind the scenes have confirmed that, if you believe them), because he took the fight to Obama with the typical politician stuff, and because he came out in such a public way when he knew it would hurt Obama's campaign. He touched on both of those points in his talk yesterday.

But you, like other mentally deficient righties, keep focusing the "outrage" on the actual remarks Wright made regarding 9/11, race, etc. Obama denounced those yesterday, just like he did a month ago, so it's weird to say "why is he all of a sudden upset." I explained why I thought yesterday's anger was real, and you ignored it.

Again, I can't really help you with that.

No, you didn't. You showed your interpretation of the remarks, which is not at all what was meant by the words in their entirety.

My whole point was that I thought his anger was real (and people behind the scenes have confirmed that, if you believe them), because he took the fight to Obama with the typical politician stuff, and because he came out in such a public way when he knew it would hurt Obama's campaign. He touched on both of those points in his talk yesterday.

But you, like other mentally deficient righties, keep focusing the "outrage" on the actual remarks Wright made regarding 9/11, race, etc. Obama denounced those yesterday, just like he did a month ago, so it's weird to say "why is he all of a sudden upset." I explained why I thought yesterday's anger was real, and you ignored it.

Again, I can't really help you with that.
I'll help you.

My remarks were, "Too little too late." BECAUSE "Some people will see it this way." (again a synopsis, just like what I did with your post).

The "you righties" crap shows you don't read what I write beyond what you want to see.

I do not believe he was "genuinely mad" I have stated so and why I think what I do. Pretending that I am incapable of understanding you because I disagree, for the reasons previously assigned, is preposterous.

I believe it was contrived.

Back