Obama/Clinton tax plans VERY disappointing

While I agree that technically it shouldn't be on the backs of the wealthy... the only way we are going to get the idiots in DC to pay down the debt is to set specific money aside to do so.
You mean like they did with Social Security? Rubbish. The only way we'll get them to do it is with an Amendment that forces them to.

You mean like they did with Social Security? Rubbish. The only way we'll get them to do it is with an Amendment that forces them to.

Even if it is written into the tax code that every dollar generated from it must go to pay down the debt? However, you could be correct as I wouldn't put anything past those morons in DC....

Would a higher tax?

The reality is he inherited an economy at least headed towards recession, some report already in recession, then we had a major attack on financial institutions in the US in the same year. That we have staved off the recession for so long is quite amazing and it wouldn't have been done without tax cuts.

Stupid man can't figure out you must cut costs at the same time, at least slow the growth....

I don't think a nominal, small tax increase on wealth does anything to affect job growth. Reagan raised taxes. Clinton raised taxes. The economy was fine. Some people believe you have to pay for what you are spending, and keep the nations fiscal matters in order.

In terms of job growth, if the three trillion dollars spent in iraq, had been spent instead on infrastructure, roads, bridges, electrical grid, green energy, science and research, and healthcare, we would have stimulated more jobs and built the infrastructure foundation for future growth, by orders of magnitude, than the policies of Bush have.

I don't think a nominal, small tax increase on wealth does anything to affect job growth. Reagan raised taxes. Clinton raised taxes. The economy was fine. Some people believe you have to pay for what you are spending, and keep the nations fiscal matters in order.

In terms of job growth, if the three trillion dollars spent in iraq, had been spent instead on infrastructure, roads, bridges, electrical grid, green energy, science and research, and healthcare, we would have stimulated more jobs and built the infrastructure foundation for future growth, by orders of magnitude, than the policies of Bush have.

You have to be one of the most dishonest people I have ever seen.

Reagan did not raise taxes on individuals income. He lowered, dramatically, the individual income tax brackets. He raised taxes on corps via eliminating loopholes and deductions. He raised consumption tax on gas.

He raised tax REVENUES... but not the income tax brackets you twit.

Since you insist upon spitting out your complete distortions... please show us where Reagan increased taxes on individual income taxes.

then we can go back to having the same tax rates on capital and investment that we had under either clinton or reagan. In retrospect, that seems to have been the optimum level of taxation. Since every economic indicator performed better in those decades, compared to the era of the bush regime.

Bush's policy cut taxes too low for wealth, and resulted in a fiscal train wreck.

then we can go back to having the same tax rates on capital and investment that we had under either clinton or reagan. In retrospect, that seems to have been the optimum level of taxation. Since every economic indicator performed better in those decades, compared to the era of the bush regime.

Bush's policy cut taxes too low for wealth, and resulted in a fiscal train wreck.

Would you agree that the proposal I put above would accomplish what you want?

It is fair, progressive, protects the low income families, easy to understand, taxes all income the same and eliminates all loopholes and deductions.

for cypress and the rest of the ignorant dems, spending like a drunken sailor had a lot more to do with the economy struggling than anything. Tax collections actually went up MORON!!!

for cypress and the rest of the ignorant dems, spending like a drunken sailor had a lot more to do with the economy struggling than anything. Tax collections actually went up MORON!!!

Shhh don't ruin the illusion.

It probably took him years to convince himself of that.

Back