Obama Defends Health Care Plan as Opposition Grows

Republicans can propose whatever they want to propose. No one is stopping them from authoring their own bill. And, of course, they can offer up whatever amendments they'd like to see implemented.

Typically, the opposition party puts together it's own bill and offers it up as an amendment in the nature of a substitute so that they can say "hey, we tried" after the amendment is rejected.

Instead of doing that, the Republicans have decided to just attack what the Democrats are doing. Now, that would be fine if the Republicans took the position that the status quo is fine but they aren't really doing that either. They're basically saying that there are problems and the Democratic solution sucks but they aren't offering a solution of their own.

Because they are saying they've been shut out of the debate on this particular one. I can see what their strategy is, can you?

Because they are saying they've been shut out of the debate on this particular one. I can see what their strategy is, can you?

Is that what they're saying? I haven't heard that one.

They're strategy is to do nothing and delay delay delay. In the end they hope they can pick off enough Blue Dogs and moderates to get nothing passed.

Is that what they're saying? I haven't heard that one.

They're strategy is to do nothing and delay delay delay. In the end they hope they can pick off enough Blue Dogs and moderates to get nothing passed.

oh, you haven't heard us told here, we won, get over it...or, we have a majority and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it...

well that is basically what what "the Hugo Obama" told us also..

oh, you haven't heard us told here, we won, get over it...or, we have a majority and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it...

well that is basically what what "the Hugo Obama" told us also..

Not on this particular issue, no, I haven't heard that.

I would also note that to be involved in the process you actually have to have some ideas as to what you would like to see happen. And, as I've pointed out, the Republicans don't seem to have any ideas. They just have opposition.

Not on this particular issue, no, I haven't heard that.

I would also note that to be involved in the process you actually have to have some ideas as to what you would like to see happen. And, as I've pointed out, the Republicans don't seem to have any ideas. They just have opposition.

right now...we don't want the Massive take over of our health care system by "the Hugo Obama" and his crooked administration...

we don't have to OFFER anything else...got it..

Yeah, I heard she locked up Boehner, Cantor and the rest of the House Republicans in the basement of the Alamo with Pee Wee Herman's bike until the healthcare debate is over.

actually, it was the newspaper kid from 'better off dead', and until he gets his two dollars, the republicans don't get to participate.

Back