Obama: "Lipstick on a pig, still a pig"

Little-Acorn

I've been hearing lots of jubilant editorializing from various conservative and Republican groups, saying that the selection of Sarah Palin as McCain's VP candidate, has the liberals worried and even "desperate". I pretty much ignore most of the hype - there's still two months to go before the election.

But this is the first report I've seen of Barack Obama himself stooping to the kind of desperate rhetoric and personal insult of his opponent, that is characteristic of true panic.

Palin can say things about herself like "Know the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick.", and it's just a humorous joke. Just as Obama could conceivably refer to himself as a "nigger" (he hasn't that I know of, but some black people refer to themselves and their friends with that word), and the term would have no insulting meaning.

But Obama's use here, takes it to a whole new level. I don't recall EVER hearing a presidential candidate publicly refer to a major member of the opposition as a "pig".

---------------------------------------

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_Lipstick_on_a_pig.html

Obama: 'Lipstick on a pig'
September 09, 2008

Amie Parnes reports from Lebanon, VA:

Obama poked fun of McCain and Palin's new "change" mantra.

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said as the crowd cheered. "It's still a pig."

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

"We've had enough of the same old thing."

The crowd apparently took the "lipstick" line as a reference to Palin, who described the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull in a single word: "lipstick."

Obama deserves a major backlash just for the sheer stupidity of his choice of words. On the other hand, maybe he was actually aware of what he was saying for once. If you ask him, I'm sure the answer is above his pay grade.

Obama deserves a major backlash just for the sheer stupidity of his choice of words. On the other hand, maybe he was actually aware of what he was saying for once. If you ask him, I'm sure the answer is above his pay grade.

Why? It may well have been a reference to Palin's line but if it was then so what. To pretend he called her a pig is silly.

Obama: "Lipstick on a pig, still a pig"
-----------------------------------------

Thats a terrible thing for Obama to say about his wife...even if its true, its a personal matter.....

"You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig."

Pretty fucking common statement. Stop throwing out the faux-outrage machine just because your candidates blow.

Why? It may well have been a reference to Palin's line but if it was then so what. To pretend he called her a pig is silly.
A lot of people are really thin-skinned on the left. Its funny that Obama has provided ammunition for thin-skinned people to use. As a female reporter asked recently, "would Biden have called Palin's speech 'shrill' if she was not a woman?" Let the games begin!

A lot of people are really thin-skinned on the left. Its funny that Obama has provided ammunition for thin-skinned people to use. As a female reporter asked recently, "would Biden have called Palin's speech 'shrill' if she was not a woman?" Let the games begin!

the games are well underway and most of us are playing the pawn role right on que.

Id like to see the comment in context... If he called her a pig.. THat was uncool, still for the right to be outraged... again is kinda getting silly.

Sounds like the right is getting a bit desperate if they are trying to make this a scandal.

Id like to see the comment in context... If he called her a pig.. THat was uncool, still for the right to be outraged... again is kinda getting silly.

Sounds like the right is getting a bit desperate if they are trying to make this a scandal.

No such luck, he merely took her line about the difference between a pitbull and a hockey mom being lipstick. She pointed at her own lips when she said that. He used it to refer to a pig.

Now, now only is that a stupid thing to say, but with all the smearing that has been going on, people will take it as him referring to her as a pig...

I just listened to the thing on youtube... He did not call her a pig, he just used her pig reference to point out that dressing up a pig does not make it anything but a pig...

Good point in my opinion!

It was a funny joke, but he messed up the delivery.

I just listened to the thing on youtube... He did not call her a pig, he just used her pig reference to point out that dressing up a pig does not make it anything but a pig...

Good point in my opinion!

It was a funny joke, but he messed up the delivery.

Well, then that makes this the "stuck in Iraq" joke of 2008. Seriously, he needs to stop speaking without a script...

Already Biden has pissed off some women in media by calling Palin's speeches "shrill."

I've been hearing lots of jubilant editorializing from various conservative and Republican groups, saying that the selection of Sarah Palin as McCain's VP candidate, has the liberals worried and even "desperate". I pretty much ignore most of the hype - there's still two months to go before the election.

But this is the first report I've seen of Barack Obama himself stooping to the kind of desperate rhetoric and personal insult of his opponent, that is characteristic of true panic.

Palin can say things about herself like "Know the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick.", and it's just a humorous joke. Just as Obama could conceivably refer to himself as a "nigger" (he hasn't that I know of, but some black people refer to themselves and their friends with that word), and the term would have no insulting meaning.

But Obama's use here, takes it to a whole new level. I don't recall EVER hearing a presidential candidate publicly refer to a major member of the opposition as a "pig".

---------------------------------------

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_Lipstick_on_a_pig.html

Obama: 'Lipstick on a pig'
September 09, 2008

Amie Parnes reports from Lebanon, VA:

Obama poked fun of McCain and Palin's new "change" mantra.

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said as the crowd cheered. "It's still a pig."

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

"We've had enough of the same old thing."

The crowd apparently took the "lipstick" line as a reference to Palin, who described the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull in a single word: "lipstick."

You are a big fat liar acorn. Show me anywhere where he called anyone a pig! Talk about desperate! Making up lies is desperate!

its a true statement. Didn't say anything about her, he just said if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

he's right.

Back