Obama Nominates Congressman's Brother

When the Republicans take back control of Congress next year, I will bet you are going to see all kinds of investigations into the activities of this administration. They are about the most corrupt in history at this point, and that's just with the stuff we know about. I will be surprised if Obama doesn't eventually get himself impeached, and this time, we will toss the thug out on his ear.

I'm just "amazed" at the silence from the MSM on this... *

*Did I keep a straight face?

The 'rats believe it's straight...

but then again, what's straight to them anyways.........?

195662309_97a8b66d0f_o.jpg

I hear Orinn Hatch is pissed.
I would assume he simply overlooked the regular process whereby Senators offer up candidate who are then appointed, you know the reason that Sotomayor was appointed.

I could see him get pissed if his prospective appointee was overlooked for this bribe appointment.

I would assume he simply overlooked the regular process whereby Senators offer up candidate who are then appointed, you know the reason that Sotomayor was appointed.

I could see him get pissed if his prospective appointee was overlooked for this bribe appointment.

Heh:

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, issued the following statement today after President Barack Obama nominated Scott M. Matheson, Jr. to serve on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, which includes Utah:

I’m pleased President Obama has nominated Scott Matheson to fill the vacancy on the Tenth Circuit. I’ve known Scott a long time and he is a capable, bright attorney whose experience has prepared him for judicial service. The Matheson family has had a significant impact on Utah and can rightly be proud of Scott’s nomination.”

http://hatch.senate.gov/public/inde...lease_id=267dc0e1-1b78-be3e-e0f4-83102efc30ed

So then he isn't "pissed"...

Seriously though, the appointment comes just at the right moment to most effectively appear as a bribe? Bad form. Of course, it would even appear worse now if Matheson now votes for the current bill... If he doesn't all this is moot and was just something that looked bad for a moment. Pretty much, if they don't want to appear to be corrupt, Matheson needs to maintain his current vote of "no" for this mess.

I was fucking with you. Get it?
And I was trusting you. Get it?

I just surmised why he might be "pissed" as you reported. My guess was he was one of a few people that Hatch put forward, however the timing of this particular appointment can get ugly depending on how Matheson votes and who takes notice.

And I was trusting you. Get it?

I just surmised why he might be "pissed" as you reported. My guess was he was one of a few people that Hatch put forward, however the timing of this particular appointment can get ugly depending on how Matheson votes and who takes notice.

Regardless of the timing the idiots on the right would make hay over his appointment because that's what the idiots on the right do. Yet another nontroversy.

Regardless of the timing the idiots on the right would make hay over his appointment because that's what the idiots on the right do. Yet another nontroversy.
Its called politics and both sides do it. That makes them politicians scoring points, not idiots.

Not really, if it was a "controversy" there'd be a bit more coverage. I think people are waiting to see if it becomes one. Basically they are watching to see if Matheson suddenly changes votes.

Not really, if it was a "controversy" there'd be a bit more coverage. I think people are waiting to see if it becomes one. Basically they are watching to see if Matheson suddenly changes votes.

It isn't a controversy. It's a nontroversy because it is so stupid. If Obama were really trying to bribe the guy why in the fuck would he announce the nomination before the vote when he could wait until after?

It isn't a controversy. It's a nontroversy because it is so stupid. If Obama were really trying to bribe the guy why in the fuck would he announce the nomination before the vote when he could wait until after?
LOL.

Imagine, Matheson switches votes, then Obama announces his brother gets a seat on the US 10th Circuit! It's magical.

If it is a bribe appointment, there would be nothing to make it more obvious than that. This is bad enough, but that would be astoundingly obvious.

If it is a bribe appointment, my guess is they expected it to go almost totally unnoticed as most of the time these things are. This one is marked, we'll watch how Matheson now votes.

LOL.

Imagine, Matheson switches votes, then Obama announces his brother gets a seat on the US 10th Circuit! It's magical.

If it is a bribe appointment, there would be nothing to make it more obvious than that. This is bad enough, but that would be astoundingly obvious.

If it is a bribe appointment, my guess is they expected it to go almost totally unnoticed as most of the time these things are. This one is marked, we'll watch how Matheson now votes.

Like I said, if he wanted to bribe the guy, the way to do it is to promise the appointment, get the vote and then make the appointment. As it stands now, Matheson is pressured to not vote for the bill whether he wants to or not.

Back