Obama re:Campaign Finance

That’s smart. This will come again if that’s the case, and it’ll be bad for McCain, who isn’t going to do anything to control the 527’s – he’s counting on them.

And it's also why he wants to lock Obama into public financing, so he can't fight back and respond.

That’s smart. This will come again if that’s the case, and it’ll be bad for McCain, who isn’t going to do anything to control the 527’s – he’s counting on them.

There is also a report out that Moveon.org has decided to shutter its 527 operation in response to the Obama campaign's insistence.

Obama's definitely going to start putting pressure on McCain the Republicans to cut the 527 shit but they won't do it. Just like it'd be stupid for Obama to accept public financing, it would be stupid for the Republicans to stop using 527 smear groups. McCain will likely pull the old "I've told them to stop. Honest. I made a phone call and sent an email" schtick.

There is also a report out that Moveon.org has decided to shutter its 527 operation in response to the Obama campaign's insistence.

Obama's definitely going to start putting pressure on McCain the Republicans to cut the 527 shit but they won't do it. Just like it'd be stupid for Obama to accept public financing, it would be stupid for the Republicans to stop using 527 smear groups. McCain will likely pull the old "I've told them to stop. Honest. I made a phone call and sent an email" schtick.

LOl This is going to be pretty funny. I think Obama comes out on top of this, because as has been pointed out in this thread, he is getting his money from the public. And if he can stop the 527’s and McCain can’t, then McCain is going to look like an impotent old man…well, even more so I mean.

Back