Obama supported sweeping DC handgun ban

WRL

Well...the right is right
Barrack Obama supporting DC's sweeping ban on even handguns...

"The city of Chicago has gun laws, so does Washington, DC, The notion that somehow local jurisdictions can't initiate gun safety laws to deal with gangbangers and random shootings on the street isn't born out by our Constitution."

Just another quote for all you who have this wrong notion on this guy, he is a far left fringe candidate that supports sweeping gun control banning all guns including semi automatic hand guns...

Last edited:
Here is a little more information for you though.

Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities
Q: How would you address gun violence that continues to be the #1 cause of death among African-American men?

A: You know, when the massacre happened at Virginia Tech, I think all of us were grief stricken and shocked by the carnage. But in this year alone, in Chicago, we've had 34 Chicago public school students gunned down and killed. And for the most part, there has been silence. We know what to do. We've got to enforce the gun laws that are on the books. We've got to make sure that unscrupulous gun dealers aren't loading up vans and dumping guns in our communities, because we know they're not made in our communities. There aren't any gun manufacturers here, right here in the middle of Detroit. But what we also have to do is to make sure that we change our politics so that we care just as much about those 30-some children in Chicago who've been shot as we do the children in Virginia Tech. That's a mindset that we have to have in the White House and we don't have it right now.
Source: 2007 NAACP Presidential Primary Forum Jul 12, 2007

Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality
I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer's lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do ew need to punish thatman for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there's a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair.
Source: The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, p.215 Oct 1, 2006

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
* Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
* Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
* Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. Voting YES would:

* Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
* Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
* Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought
* Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations
* Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices

Barrack represents change alright...

For the record this was a sweeping ban that was ruled Unconstitutional, banning the sale, and requiring already own firearms to be disassembled.

Here is a link on that...

D.C. Handgun Ban Struck Down by Federal Appeals Court (Update5)

By Cary O'Reilly

March 9 (Bloomberg) -- A U.S. appeals court struck down a three-decade-old District of Columbia law that bans residents from keeping a handgun in their homes, saying the Constitution's Second Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in Washington also threw out a district law requiring registered firearms to be kept disassembled or under trigger lock.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=azTOCL.ZiDGM&refer =us

But that's the kind of 'change' we can expect with Barrack Obama...

Barrack Obama supporting DC's sweeping ban on even handguns...

"The city of Chicago has gun laws, so does Washington, DC, The notion that somehow local jurisdictions can't initiate gun safety laws to deal with gangbangers and random shootings on the street isn't born out by our Constitution."

Just another quote for all you who have this wrong notion on this guy, he is a far left fringe candidate that supports sweeping gun control banning all guns including semi automatic hand guns...

I thought conservatives were for less federal powere and more local power...?

WRL you changed my vote.

Obama is the most unvetted candidate in recent history, Democrats voted in 2004 for 'electability' and got John Kerry, now they are making the same mistake voting for 'electability' Just because someone sounds good on the stump doesn't mean they get a pass on their records, no matter how small...

I thought conservatives were for less federal powere and more local power...?

Think smaller....

They are for more individual rights, in this case. It isn't a Federal power they defend it is an individual right.

And Obama's clearly doing better now because Democrats believe he will be a stronger candidate against John McCain... At first I almost thought so, but the more I learn, the easier he looks.

WRL do you belive the 1st amendment is as absolute as the 2nd?

Also do you belive individuals should be allowed to own a tomahak missile?

And Obama's clearly doing better now because Democrats believe he will be a stronger candidate against John McCain... At first I almost thought so, but the more I learn, the easier he looks.

Yeah because Obama clearly supported the kind of attack in Pakistan that took out the Al-Quaeda commander, while McGrandaddy laughed at him, and called it stupid. McCain's sole idea for keeping america safe is 100 years of war in Iraq.

God you are fucking retarded.

Obama is the most unvetted candidate in recent history, Democrats voted in 2004 for 'electability' and got John Kerry, now they are making the same mistake voting for 'electability' Just because someone sounds good on the stump doesn't mean they get a pass on their records, no matter how small...

Obama is the most unvetted candidate in recent history

OMG! This is terrible! You're right...I ain't voting for a man who speaks fancy, but has no substance.

In fact, I'd feel like a downright fool if I had voted for the lightweight and unqualified Bush! Luckily I didn't. :o

Yeah because Obama clearly supported the kind of attack in Pakistan that took out the Al-Quaeda commander, while McGrandaddy laughed at him, and called it stupid. McCain's sole idea for keeping america safe is 100 years of war in Iraq.

God you are fucking retarded.

Speaking at Woodrow Wilson Center on Wednesday, Obama said that, as president, he would not hesitate to order unilateral military action against al-Qaeda inside Pakistan if he had intelligence information that warranted a strike. Pakistani Foreign Minister Khusheed Kasuri called his remarks "very irresponsible." Sher Afgan, minister for parliamentary affairs, said it was a matter of "grave concern that U.S. presidential candidates are using unethical and immoral tactics against Islam and Pakistan to win their election."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2007/08/obama_attacks_pakistan_pakista.html

It's this kind of thinking that's retarded.

didnt this get covered yesterday. Obama has same position on this as bush has.. basically lets courts decide.

didnt this get covered yesterday. Obama has same position on this as bush has.. basically lets courts decide.

This is a pretty recent quote, I'm not pulling this from 1984, could be another election year conversion, who knows...

Speaking at Woodrow Wilson Center on Wednesday, Obama said that, as president, he would not hesitate to order unilateral military action against al-Qaeda inside Pakistan if he had intelligence information that warranted a strike. Pakistani Foreign Minister Khusheed Kasuri called his remarks "very irresponsible." Sher Afgan, minister for parliamentary affairs, said it was a matter of "grave concern that U.S. presidential candidates are using unethical and immoral tactics against Islam and Pakistan to win their election."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2007/08/obama_attacks_pakistan_pakista.html

It's this kind of thinking that's retarded.

The CIA disagrees with dumbfuck WRLtard. The CIA did this last week and killed an Al-Quaeda commander. I support these kinds of actions to keep america safe.

WRL and McCain are against taking out terrorists where they hide. They are fake patriots that wish only for more soldier deaths in Iraq.

Yeah lets just start bombing everyone, screw em all, International boundaries be damned OBAMA 08!!!

lol

Back