Obama supported sweeping DC handgun ban

The fact is that Bush and McCain said it was a stupid idea. Well the CIA did it and it netted a senior Al-Quaeda leader. Obama supported it. So go fuck yourself and your hackery.

The fact is that Bush and McCain said it was a stupid idea. Well the CIA did it and it netted a senior Al-Quaeda leader. Obama supported it. So go fuck yourself and your hackery.
Again, the Executive controls the CIA. One of the people you list at "bad" implemented the policy you espouse to support here. What they said was that it was a bad diplomatic move to not talk around the issue and just to say. "We'll just do what we want regardless of their sovereignty."

Hackery is pretending that Bush didn't have something to do with this.

I don't know whether he did or not.

The point is he either thinks it is bad like he said or he flip flopped yet again just like all of you idiots did when you were supposedly against terrorism but are now for it.

so, Bush was lying when he said Obama's idea was bad.

And those on this board who said Obama's idea was bad, have flip flopped, and now think it's a good idea.

gotcha.

Obama is the most unvetted candidate in recent history, Democrats voted in 2004 for 'electability' and got John Kerry, now they are making the same mistake voting for 'electability' Just because someone sounds good on the stump doesn't mean they get a pass on their records, no matter how small...

After 8 years of mindless republican rule and almost complete control of government, Americans are anxious to get as far away from the failed idiocy of conservative right-wing ideology as they can.

Come to think of it .. many republicans are anxious to get away from that idiocy .. which is why some of them, along with a whole bunch of indepedents, are supporting Obama.

This kind of whining from the right is pleasing to the soul.

No clearly if we knew where OBL is that is a different game, but just popping people off with bombs at our discretion is going to turn not only the people but the government against us, and make a lot of effort for naught...

Why do you hate America? Have you forgotten 9/11?

Barrack Obama supporting DC's sweeping ban on even handguns...

"The city of Chicago has gun laws, so does Washington, DC, The notion that somehow local jurisdictions can't initiate gun safety laws to deal with gangbangers and random shootings on the street isn't born out by our Constitution."

Just another quote for all you who have this wrong notion on this guy, he is a far left fringe candidate that supports sweeping gun control banning all guns including semi automatic hand guns...

To take this back to the original topic, this is one reason I will not vote for Mr. Obama. I like him and I like several of his ideas but I don't like all of the CHANGE that he might have in store for me in some areas.

WRL do you belive the 1st amendment is as absolute as the 2nd?

Also do you belive individuals should be allowed to own a tomahak missile?

I'll answer it, and in my mind it isn't tough. I do think they are as absolute as one another. I do think there are reasonable limitations that should be placed on both. On this point, though, I am sure that you and I would disagree on what those limitations should be. You would disagree with me on the limitations that I would place on the 1st ammendment and that I would disagree with you on the limitations you would place on the 2nd.

Now my question, to what speech does the 2nd ammendment apply?

I'll answer it, and in my mind it isn't tough. I do think they are as absolute as one another. I do think there are reasonable limitations that should be placed on both. On this point, though, I am sure that you and I would disagree on what those limitations should be. You would disagree with me on the limitations that I would place on the 1st ammendment and that I would disagree with you on the limitations you would place on the 2nd.

Now my question, to what speech does the 2nd ammendment apply?

I agree, its all a matter of degree and thus the attacks on Obama for not beliveing in the 2nd are silly.

The 2nd protects 0 speech, in my opinion, it relates to the right to bear arms.

I agree, its all a matter of degree and thus the attacks on Obama for not beliveing in the 2nd are silly.

The 2nd protects 0 speech, in my opinion, it relates to the right to bear arms.

:) Hey, my bad.......I meant to say, "To what speech does the 1st ammendment refer?"

You can gig me for not paying attention before clicking the "Submit Reply" button later. :)

:) Hey, my bad.......I meant to say, "To what speech does the 1st ammendment refer?"

You can gig me for not paying attention before clicking the "Submit Reply" button later. :)

Ohh, I thought it was some sort of trick or something.

"Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech"

Id say it protects all forms of expression.

so, Bush was lying when he said Obama's idea was bad.

And those on this board who said Obama's idea was bad, have flip flopped, and now think it's a good idea.

gotcha.
What I am trying to say is it wasn't the idea he said was bad, but the presentation.

Ohh, I thought it was some sort of trick or something.

"Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech"

Id say it protects all forms of expression.

And by making that same application to the 2nd ammendment, it would be OK for someone to own a bazooka or fully automatic weapon, which I don't agree with either.

I would like to know what the underlying reason was that our founders saw fit to include an ammendment that states, "Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech."

Last edited:
Yeah lets just start bombing everyone, screw em all, International boundaries be damned OBAMA 08!!!

lol
So you condemn the CIA killing of a senior al qaeda member with a predator? Your buddy Bush bombed Pakistan this week.

And by making that same application to the 2nd ammendment, it would be OK for someone to own a bazooka or fully automatic weapon, which I don't agree with either.

I would like to know what the underlying reason was that our founders saw fit to include an ammendment that states, "Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech."

Because they felt it was important to freedom that people be free to communicate. I agree with the first and the second amendmends, but they must be obeyed in context and within reason.

That is why I am for common sense gun control, and common sense limits on speech.

Guns kill, words do not.

I am for it being illegal to scream fire in a theater.
I am for it being illegal to own an assault weapon.

Obama is the most unvetted candidate in recent history, Democrats voted in 2004 for 'electability' and got John Kerry, now they are making the same mistake voting for 'electability' Just because someone sounds good on the stump doesn't mean they get a pass on their records, no matter how small...

There was nothing inspriring about kerry. I was constantly confused as to how he won the nomination.

I am for common sense gun control

Bravo. So am I.

The most sensible way I have found to control a gun, is to use both hands on the grip, one pushing and one pulling, take about half a deep breath, and squeeze slowly.

YMMV.

BTW, the 2nd amendment forbids government to take away or restrict my (or your) right to control our own guns as we see fit. Looks like both you and I will be happy about that, too! :D

Back