Obama's aide resigns after calling President 'O-DUMB-A'

Hey, dummy: The first amendment only keeps the government from passing laws that restrict free speech.

It doesn't have a God damn thing to do with whether a boss can fire you. A boss can fire you for any reason she/he sees fit, short of racial or gender discrimination.

You want a job where workers have some minimal protections from arbitrary and capricious firing? Get a union.

Oh wait...you're a con. You hate unions. :(

looks like a government job to me or at a minimum a job normally filled by the government, thus putting this job squarely in the traditional role of government work....

http://www.mbpo.org/free_details.asp?id=48

With an appointment to the City Planning Commission, the Borough President can also play a proactive role in shaping the future of development in Manhattan. Also, the Borough President appoints most members of Manhattan's Community Boards and then provides support and oversight to those boards as they make crucial decisions affecting zoning and permits.

One primary responsibility of the Borough President's office is direct control over a portion of the city's capital and expense budget.

you are absolutely right, anyone who says that she only resigned and wasn't fired is wrong and imo, an idiot.

i don't know if she was at will or not, however, her boss appears to be a government official and her job has nothing to do with obama, nor does she serve at his pleasure. from my understanding of his job, this was government action in forcing her to resign or essentially be fired, IOW...constructive firing...for speech that appears not to be on the job, as the article states it was over the weekend....IMO, this looks like a constitutional violation of free speech.

an idiot? so when I read the article that says she submitted her resignation, I am an IDIOT for suggesting that she resigned?

how are you doing on your ESL course?

Back