Obama's Muslim Faith?

Topspin

Verified User
Did he really say Mcain hasn't questioned his muslim faith and Stepanamidget had to correct him Christian faith?:cof1:

Obama can't even say anything without making a gaffe or talking in circles, and people want to elect him President? My favorite is the one about when he stated visiting all 57 states. Guess that's what happens when you don't have a teleprompter in front of you.

"Obama can't even say anything without making a gaffe "

Sure - how true that is.

Got any other examples besides 57 states? Every time people talk about Obama "gaffes", that's the only one I hear about...

"Obama can't even say anything without making a gaffe "

Sure - how true that is.

Got any other examples besides 57 states? Every time people talk about Obama "gaffes", that's the only one I hear about...

Its a biggy because as a US President you should know how many states their are.

Unless Obama was referring to the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) which are 57 Islamic states which are members.

Its a biggy because as a US President you should know how many states their are.

Unless Obama was referring to the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) which are 57 Islamic states which are members.

That's the nature of a gaffe, dumbo. It's a mistake. Do you really doubt that Obama knows there are 50 states?

I have heard conjecture that he was thinking of how many primaries there were; maybe that's it, but regardless, it's a pretty tiny mistake that you guys have gotten endless traction over, as though the Bush years never happened.

That's the nature of a gaffe, dumbo. It's a mistake. Do you really doubt that Obama knows there are 50 states?

I have heard conjecture that he was thinking of how many primaries there were; maybe that's it, but regardless, it's a pretty tiny mistake that you guys have gotten endless traction over, as though the Bush years never happened.

Do you really think Dan Quayle does not know how to spell potato? How much traction did dems get out of that one?

And the 57 states is big compared to that, by a man that wants to be president.

Even if he was thinking of that, he had not been to that many. It is far more likely he just said "fifty" instead of "forty" by mistake. That is a gaffe. Now, we have people calling Ridge's gaffe a "Freudian slip" I wonder why that isn't considered here....

In Obama's defense on the 57 states if most of us had our words taped and scrutinized for a year my guess is we'd say some dumb things (or just misspeak) as well. In fact I can't believe there aren't more F-bombs dropped by the candidates that are caught by microphones.

Even if he was thinking of that, he had not been to that many. It is far more likely he just said "fifty" instead of "forty" by mistake. That is a gaffe. Now, we have people calling Ridge's gaffe a "Freudian slip" I wonder why that isn't considered here....

It was considered by Rush Limbaugh, and once he came out w/ it, plenty on the right - both here & elsewhere - repeated it. It's even mentioned here on this thread.

And you wonder why it "isn't considered." You only see one double-standard; you don't see the other.

It was considered by Rush Limbaugh, and once he came out w/ it, plenty on the right - both here & elsewhere - repeated it. It's even mentioned here on this thread.

And you wonder why it "isn't considered." You only see one double-standard; you don't see the other.
The only time it was mentioned in this thread was my own conjecture on why people on this site that considered one gaffe of the same nature a "Freudian slip", but suddenly those same people do not consider it here.

This was about this site, not about Rush. Unless one of you is Rush.

As for my conjecture on the nature of the gaffe of "57", I thought it very clear. But it is my opinion he was tired said "fifty" when he meant "forty".

Saying that he had been to 57, would be 58 tomorrow and he couldn't go to Alaska and Hawaii (he hadn't been to any of the territories either) made it clear what he was saying and how he had gaffed.

Webway's post - just a few posts up:

"Unless Obama was referring to the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) which are 57 Islamic states which are members."

I have seen this plenty of other times, as well.

You're just blind to crap when it comes from the right.

Webway's post - just a few posts up:

"Unless Obama was referring to the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) which are 57 Islamic states which are members."

I have seen this plenty of other times, as well.

You're just blind to crap when it comes from the right.
No, I'm not. You are just ego-centric. I gave my opinion on that gaffe.

I spoke of the "Freudian slip" angle comparing it to a gaffe of the same nature that people here, on this site, said Ridge had made. You are deliberately "misunderstanding" what I have posted to pretend some sort of inanity that isn't there.

I believe that Obama's gaffe on the state number was easy to see how he made a mistake, and gave my opinion on that.

I believe that this one is exactly like Ridge's mistaken utterance of "Bush" instead of "McCain" that was considered, on this site, as a "Freudian slip" but those exact same people, on this site, were not considering it here.

Whatever. I just thought "John Bush" was hilarious, particularly since he followed it up w/ "is his own man," and on the heels of a convention where they ran like mad from Bush in general.

You won't see me talking about it 2-3 months from now, or even a week from now. 57 states has had more staying power, and the insinuation of the "Freudian slip" on it is much more insidious, though you never seemed to really care when people made that insinuation.

On a more serious note, I think the Obama "Muslim" thing is going to be his kiss of death. The American people are not all completely stupid, and things keep cropping up about this... not just his gaffe. For instance, when a Christian converts to Islam, they generally adopt a Muslim name... Obama has a Muslim name, but claims to have converted to Christianity... shouldn't he use a Christian name? And how is it, he claims Christianity, but denounces the only Christian minister to ever preach the Gospel to him?

Muslims are notoriously convicted to their faith, very few Muslims ever convert to something else, they are much like Jews in that regard. Could you imagine Lieberman claiming he had converted FROM Judaism? It's kind of a part of who they are, and it can't be converted from easily. I'm not saying Obama has been lying about his faith, but if a radical Muslim wanted to infiltrate our government, would he be honest and up front about his religious beliefs? Or would he, perhaps lead us to believe he is really a Christian... nothing to fear... our friend? Again, not to say any of this is true, but it is a perception, and one I think many Americans are having, with regard to Obama. We don't know much about this guy, he claims to be a Christian then denounces his pastor of 20 years and claims to not share his beliefs, his name and family history is clearly Muslim, and he has had associations with people from radical Muslim groups. Hello? Hellooo?

Whether any of it is true, is beside the point, people are not going to take the chance of electing this man president. You might see that as somewhat 'racist' but I don't believe it is, I think it is prudence and good judgment. Had Obama come out and said, yeah, I'm a Muslim, but I don't agree with the Fundamentalist radicals... it might be different, I don't think America would distrust him because of it... but I think people get the sense that he is lying about his true beliefs, because nothing makes sense.

Whatever. I just thought "John Bush" was hilarious, particularly since he followed it up w/ "is his own man," and on the heels of a convention where they ran like mad from Bush in general.

You won't see me talking about it 2-3 months from now, or even a week from now. 57 states has had more staying power, and the insinuation of the "Freudian slip" on it is much more insidious, though you never seemed to really care when people made that insinuation.
I argue that it was not a Freudian slip, yet "don't seem to care" only because you have your poop-colored glasses on for whatever it is that I post, not because you are right. You are desperate to see some partisanship, so desperate that when it isn't there you make it up. (I have no trouble admitting to some partisanship, but this example is baseless and silly).

Again, when I spoke of Freudian slip in this thread it was about Ridge's gaffe compared to a gaffe of the same nature, the "muslim" gaffe.

On a more serious note, I think the Obama "Muslim" thing is going to be his kiss of death. The American people are not all completely stupid, and things keep cropping up about this... not just his gaffe. For instance, when a Christian converts to Islam, they generally adopt a Muslim name... Obama has a Muslim name, but claims to have converted to Christianity... shouldn't he use a Christian name? And how is it, he claims Christianity, but denounces the only Christian minister to ever preach the Gospel to him?

Muslims are notoriously convicted to their faith, very few Muslims ever convert to something else, they are much like Jews in that regard. Could you imagine Lieberman claiming he had converted FROM Judaism? It's kind of a part of who they are, and it can't be converted from easily. I'm not saying Obama has been lying about his faith, but if a radical Muslim wanted to infiltrate our government, would he be honest and up front about his religious beliefs? Or would he, perhaps lead us to believe he is really a Christian... nothing to fear... our friend? Again, not to say any of this is true, but it is a perception, and one I think many Americans are having, with regard to Obama. We don't know much about this guy, he claims to be a Christian then denounces his pastor of 20 years and claims to not share his beliefs, his name and family history is clearly Muslim, and he has had associations with people from radical Muslim groups. Hello? Hellooo?

Whether any of it is true, is beside the point, people are not going to take the chance of electing this man president. You might see that as somewhat 'racist' but I don't believe it is, I think it is prudence and good judgment. Had Obama come out and said, yeah, I'm a Muslim, but I don't agree with the Fundamentalist radicals... it might be different, I don't think America would distrust him because of it... but I think people get the sense that he is lying about his true beliefs, because nothing makes sense.

Jesus Christ - after all the shit that you whine about with Palin, to actually post crap like this.

You're nothing if not the biggest hypocrite & projection machine who posts here. Truly despicable...

Back