Obama's Slavery-Lite

liberal are only for personal freedoms neocons infrindged on. Dumbass leftwingers like Obama want to take away lots of you freedoms of choice.

Partisans will defend anything their party proposes. Absolutely amazing. If this were a republican idea Citizen would be frothing at the audacity of the idea of forced community service.

Fuck all you totalitarian shitheads.

Actually, the Republicans have already done this but they require that you register with the selective service prior to receiving educational funds. Liberals challenged the practice in court and lost. So did the liberals that objected to the military recruiting on campuses.

Now that the liberals are taking advantage of the rules developed from a game that they lost it becomes an intolerable practice?

Where were you fucks earlier? Probably screaming some nonsense about how liberals hate the military or hate the troops or are trying to ban ROTC and the like.

Sorry if the idea of making kids work int he community to get federal student loans offends you. It doesn't bother me one whit.

Sorry if the idea of making kids work int he community to get federal student loans offends you. It doesn't bother me one whit.

Totally not at all the same thing. Stop being such a shameless hack.

I can't wait till this election is over so you will regain at least a shred of objectivity. You and Damo are perfect examples of posters who shed their credibility like snakeskin every other November.

Partisans will defend anything their party proposes. Absolutely amazing. If this were a republican idea Citizen would be frothing at the audacity of the idea of forced community service.

Fuck all you totalitarian shitheads.

It is partisan bull shit. No where did Obama say that community service would be mandatory or required. It's just partisan spin. Personally I think Obama has a great idea to challenge our youth to commit to 50 to 100 hours of community service. The experience would do them good.

I think community service is a great idea. In fact I did some voluntary community service this weekend. Guess what? It didn't kill me, I didn't feel like I was a traitor to my country or that I had betrayed the principles of capitalism though I must admit, I did get my hands dirty.

I also don't hear anything about corporations coercing community service from their employees. Talk to anyone who works for a major corporation. In most it's not required of you to volunteer for community service each year but you can kiss your career good bye if you don't.

How comes this type of coerced community service is not but a community service requirement as part of an education is bad? What's so bad about community service that it should not be part of an educational experience?

Actually, the Republicans have already done this but they require that you register with the selective service prior to receiving educational funds. Liberals challenged the practice in court and lost. So did the liberals that objected to the military recruiting on campuses.

Now that the liberals are taking advantage of the rules developed from a game that they lost it becomes an intolerable practice?

Where were you fucks earlier? Probably screaming some nonsense about how liberals hate the military or hate the troops or are trying to ban ROTC and the like.

Try again, partisan twit.

Ford terminated selective service registry requirements in 1975, then Carter reinstated registration requirements in July, 1980, quickly followed with Congress adding the ties to federal financial aid. It was one of the issues I always disagreed with even as a registered democrat.

And trying to ban military recruitment on campuses is just one more way the far left is showing the true color of totalitarianism. Your bring up the attempt to ban recruiting in relation to requiring pubic service is an excellent example of where totalitarians wish to take society: Ban what you don't like, make compulsory what you do like. What is not forbidden is mandatory.

liberal are only for personal freedoms neocons infrindged on. Dumbass leftwingers like Obama want to take away lots of you freedoms of choice.

Let's be honest with ourselves. Is Obama actually going to be able to get this through? No.

I'd like it, though, if we could stop dealing with all these fascists. I wish we could get a pan-liberal coalition together of all the civil libertarians, running an economically moderate platform, so that we could pass groundbreaking social legislation like the legalization of pot. That's what they did in the Netherlands to get this stuff through - the Labor party and the classical liberal party got together in a coalition that finally excluded the Christian Democrats, which is why they currently have the most liberal social policy in the world.

I also don't hear anything about corporations coercing community service from their employees. Talk to anyone who works for a major corporation. In most it's not required of you to volunteer for community service each year but you can kiss your career good bye if you don't.

How comes this type of coerced community service is not but a community service requirement as part of an education is bad?

Compulsory education laws and forced taxation.

Back