Obama's stimulus plan

A tax rebate plan that gives money to working families, the unemployed, and retirees is hardly similar to Bush's tax cut for the top 1 percent.

A tax rebate plan that gives money to working families, the unemployed, and retirees is hardly similar to Bush's tax cut for the top 1 percent.

Are you a fucking retard? Do you understand what the stimulus package was?

Go snap a pic of something neato, douchebag

Are you a fucking retard? Do you understand what the stimulus package was?

Go snap a pic of something neato, douchebag

I know what Obama's plan is. Bush's plan for stimulating the economy was to give tax cuts to the uber wealthy. He did that long ago, and McCain has vowed to make the tax cuts permanent. It failed.

I know what Obama's plan is. Bush's plan for stimulating the economy was to give tax cuts to the uber wealthy. He did that long ago, and McCain has vowed to make the tax cuts permanent. It failed.
And you continue to prove you are so completely clueless as to defy imaginations on both sides.

For your clarification: the tax cuts and the stimulus package were two different items. And even then your tax cut complaints are based on the usual lies. Middle income families received by far the largest tax cut - their tax burdens went down over 70% for a family of 4, over 65% for a family of 3 in the 40K-50K income range.

The stimulus package, which you mindless twits made fun of, was aimed at the lower and lower middle classes. Even the medium rich, let alone the uber rich did not qualify for it. But the lower classes did - all they had to do was file a tax return and it was automatic. My wife and I got ours - $1200. My children and their families got theirs. My cousin didn't get anything because he makes too much. If you filed a tax return, you probably got yours, too, but are too fucking ignorant to know what it was.

Yeah the are talking about another round of rebate checks to boost the economy.

A suck ass idea. The first batch is about spent and they can't think of any other way tio do it and still get votes. Wussies, lots of thing could be done, but would not be popular.
Government spending money it does not have is all that is keeping things crawling along.

Either you have no idea of what you're talking about, or you are giving a piss poor effort at trying to change the subject because you can't address the subject at hand.

Those really are the only two options.

Pretty pathetic for such a successful, intelligent, handsome tard.

A suck ass idea. The first batch is about spent and they can't think of any other way tio do it and still get votes. Wussies, lots of thing could be done, but would not be popular.
Government spending money it does not have is all that is keeping things crawling along.
Well, as bad as the idea is, I figure if they are going to spend the money anyway (which they will - and you know they will) they may as well spend it by giving it to the U.S. citizens they got it from as opposed to the other ways they find to spend money.

Well, as bad as the idea is, I figure if they are going to spend the money anyway (which they will - and you know they will) they may as well spend it by giving it to the U.S. citizens they got it from as opposed to the other ways they find to spend money.

No, they're still borrowing money because of the big government duopoly. So the money is not coming out of some coffer that out tax money goes into, its coming from the Chinese, or the Russians, or other bond holders at best. At worst it is just printed money. Either way, it does not generate more wealth.

But its sure a great set of bookends on W's disastrous failure of a presidency. Thus we should all cheer.

Well you get points from me for sticking to your guns. I don't know how having the government spending the money would help the economy more than consumers having it, but you must have it all figured out

there has to be someone out there who can point out why Obama's plan is better/different than chimpy's? If not, why are you guys so quiet about it? I understand you're not going to change your vote over it, but I'd expect a little crticism of Obama from rabid lefties like cypress and desh.

There really aren't too many lefties here who have backed off of criticizing Obama. I think I've seen more criticism of Obama on here from the left as opposed to from the right.

And yeah - a "rebate" is a stupid idea, if that's what you're talking about.

http://obama.3cdn.net/8335008b3be0e6391e_foi8mve29.pdf

this what I'm talking about.

Bush's plan gave everyone 600 bucks while the obama plan wants to give us 250 now and 250 later if it gets worse.

The main criticism I recall was that the 600 figure was so low it was wothless.

Also I think I read that Obama wants to do a windfall tax on oil profits and then give everyone a 1000 bucks back. to me, that's insane. The oil company will pass the costs onto the same people who will get the 1000 bucks. They will fund it through higher energy costs and along the way, the government gets a chunk. Thanks a lot!

yeah bush's rebate is running out and more is needed to keep the false economy afloat.

If you want to pursue that stupid approach to our problems.

yeah bush's rebate is running out and more is needed to keep the false economy afloat.

If you want to pursue that stupid approach to our problems.
Didn't your candidate recently suggest a new $1000 rebate? Let's just ask the Chinese for that.

Didn't your candidate recently suggest a new $1000 rebate? Let's just ask the Chinese for that.

I don't know did "my Candidate" ?

Spin all you want to Damo. I am voting for anyone who has a chance of beating McSame. I was against the rebate concept when Bush did it and I am still against it.

At least Obama does offer a chance of change in a different direction.

I don't know did "my Candidate" ?

Spin all you want to Damo. I am voting for anyone who has a chance of beating McSame. I was against the rebate concept when Bush did it and I am still against it.

At least Obama does offer a chance of change in a different direction.
So, you are voting for the candidate that proposes what you just called "stupid". Thanks. Your candidate proposes what you think is stupid and associate with Bush. Maybe we should just start calling him O'Bush.... Soon he'll start backpedaling on drilling and will propose and accept the Republican ideal of drilling as well as doing all the other things... maybe he already has.

O'Bush seems to be rounding out nicely, totally incapable of standing up to the Rs.

Back